how many of you are getting all Avengers figures released?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got all the avengers PO minus Thor. Eventually I'll get Thor, hopefully at a better price then he's going for. Just cuz I think he's the weakest of the bunch, so far...

No rule, most people just aren't douchey enough to care. :lecture

Thanks for the kind words. I don't recall insulting anyone like you just did. No need to be a jerk.

And the comment is made based on the fact that it would make some posts comprehendable.

well I asked my parents today and they said no way they are going to let me spend around thousand to get all the figures so Im very deflated now. what is the best alternative then? should i put all the names in a hat and pick one?

well I asked my parents today and they said no way they are going to let me spend around thousand to get all the figures so Im very deflated now. what is the best alternative then? should i put all the names in a hat and pick one?

Get a job cutting lawns or delivering papers and start saving.:lecture

Get a job cutting lawns or delivering papers and start saving.:lecture

Rob old folk, they don't need the cash. You do need the toys. :stick

Take Goose's advice. There is still plenty of time to save up. Depending upon how old you are, get a job and try to build up a savings account. But be careful not to blow it instead. Its very easy to do at a young age. :wink1:

Work. I'd imagine I'm close to your age, and between Christmas, an upcoming graduation, and a rather lucrative summer job, I was able to manage it. Just start working. It'll add up.

Should i put all the names in a hat and pick one?

Personally, if I had to choose just one, I would take my favorite. I like them all very much but IM is my favorite.

Otherwise, I'm with the rest of these guys in their opinion. Odd jobs, real job, prostitution, whatever it takes... :wink1:

Work. I'd imagine I'm close to your age, and between Christmas, an upcoming graduation, and a rather lucrative summer job, I was able to manage it. Just start working. It'll add up.

I like you're thinking.... Now could you do me a favor and teach some of your work ethic to my step-daughter? The term "work" is like foreign language to her and she's almost an adult too. :gah: :banghead

I like you're thinking.... Now could you do me a favor and teach some of your work ethic to my step-daughter? The term "work" is like foreign language to her and she's almost an adult too. :gah: :banghead

Sure. I got to the eighth grade, and I was collecting Hasbro Star Wars and Transformers heavily. My parents were just like, "Buy your own ****." So I got a job. Once senior year rolled around, my last hurrah was splurging my savings for Hot Toys, as I know being able to afford these in college will be pretty impossible. I like being able to collect, so it increased my work ethic. Then I come onto these boards and am like, "Jesus, all these people are older than me, but I swear they ***** a lot more often."

No interest in the Chitauri unless they show up cheap in secondary. On the fence on Caulson depending on price, but have pre-ordered all the others.

Sure. I got to the eighth grade, and I was collecting Hasbro Star Wars and Transformers heavily. My parents were just like, "Buy your own ****." So I got a job. Once senior year rolled around, my last hurrah was splurging my savings for Hot Toys, as I know being able to afford these in college will be pretty impossible. I like being able to collect, so it increased my work ethic. Then I come onto these boards and am like, "Jesus, all these people are older than me, but I swear they ***** a lot more often."

I wish you were my kid. And I wish there were more like you. :clap

I started collecting when I was five, now I'm forty nine and still buying; not as much as I used to but what I still buy is just more expensive. When my kids were little buying them toys was easy, most of the time they liked what I liked, but when my daughter got older I had to let her mom pick her presents because I didn't have a clue anymore. When my Son got older it was the same except from time to time he still gets a few. He just pays for them himself now.

I started collecting when I was five, now I'm forty nine and still buying; not as much as I used to but what I still buy is just more expensive. When my kids were little buying them toys was easy, most of the time they liked what I liked, but when my daughter got older I had to let her mom pick her presents because I didn't have a clue anymore. When my Son got older it was the same except from time to time he still gets a few. He just pays for them himself now.

I started collecting when I was 8... Namely the original Star Wars toys from the 70's. Still wish I had them all. :(

Now I'm 42 and still love buying things. Except now I buy higher end stuff meant for the adult collector. :wink1:

Thanks man. I started collecting when I was 3, and just never stopped. It sometimes amazes me how people my age, who are usually so judgemental, actually appreciate the Hot Toys figures.

Which is a great thing. You guys are the next generation of HT collectors and ensure they'll be around for a long time. :yess:

Back