How can Hot Toys further advance their Predators?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spanbauer

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
So at some point we all know there's going to be a Jungle Hunter 2.0 from Hot Toys, and as it is the quintessential Predator - I'd love to see them pull out all the stops.

As Hot Toys continues to make and remake all of the different Predators, we've seen them continuously push new features. The battle-damaged City Hunter introduced interchangeable mandibles. The original jungle hunter brought fully-assembled Predators out of the box and light-up LED targeting system. Berserker introduced the solid torso and metal blades. Classic Predator gave us a better fitting helmet by plugging into the face instead of fitting over top the closed mandibles. Elder Predator 2.0 has real quills. I'm sure there's others I'm missing as well.

So what else would you like to see Hot Toys do to advance the line? Me personally, I could go for:

- illuminated left gauntlet (the lights on the panel door moreso than the countdown inside)

002255c5_medium.jpeg

- make the whole face unplug from the hair/neck, so the helmet doesn't have to fit over the face at all; this would allow sculpted quills and possibly two separate faces (open and closed mandibles) to avoid seams in the face.

- I'd love Jungle Hunter to get the DX treatment and have PERS eyes

- An all new bloody spinal column sculpt, for christ sake, and a collection of clean skulls

- Tree Diorama base with hanging skinned body :pray:

- This'll be a controversial one, but I'd take rubber arms to hide those elbow joints. :monkey3

What about all y'all?

I'd agree on lightup and rubber arms. Dio features are nice as long as they don't add to the price too much. Would have to see how the PERS came out. Wouldn't want it to adversely impact the sculpt. Agree on the extra head sculpts--normal and fierce. I would like the quills to be able to hang more naturally and HT should pack in replacements. Can never have too many skulls. They could even do a bonus pack of human and exotic skulls.

More than anything we need these guys.
25yzt6o.jpg

I have a reworked Dutch with a larger head that now looks pretty close to perfect, and a Dillon bash from Apollo that also looks great but needs a few more bits when I get around to it. I know Billy is out there and just needs a repaint. But I'd like to add Mac and Blaine at least.

I would also like to see them expand the line.
Female predator. There are a few kits out that look pretty badass, but would be great to have a figure to go into the collection.

2nhgj1c.jpg

11aie0x.jpg

There are also a couple of concept predators that have been shown like the Big Red that NECA did. There was also the high tech Stalker mask that SS did. Would be kind of cool to see a sleek, futuristic Pred. Figures of both of those would look fantastic.

10426wn.jpg

i762xv.jpg

Last edited:
Please make the accurate to how they looked on screen. Please make the accurate to how they looked on screen. Please make the accurate to how they looked on screen.
Please make the accurate to how they looked on screen. Please make the accurate to how they looked on screen. Please make the accurate to how they looked on screen.

I don't know if it's possible with today's technology level to make the mandibles articulated and have the figure still be affordable, but I think that would be pretty cool if they could do that along with the PERS feature, and yes of course movie-accurate and have it light up wherever the figure lights up... countdown on the original Pred gauntlet bomb would be da bomb too.
Articulated mandibles WOULD be amazing. Of course everyone would leave them in "museum pose" because they'd be terrified of the cheeks tearing or the wires inside breaking :p

The articulated mandibles they did on the previous released Predalien before,dunno why they never use on these Predator and the Samurai inside moveable mandibles,gauntlet with lighting sounds cool to me but priority accurate head sculpt pls.

Uh, goose? You still with us, man?

They should give Jungle Hunter the DX treatment. I can't believe they still haven't done it. Their AvP predator figures is probably a big part of why they got so successful / famous in the first place so I think a DX treatment would be fitting for the most iconic predator. So if they left predator out of the DX line I feel like it's kinda a **** you to the fans and to (one) of the franchises that made them a really big company.

Anyone get what I'm saying or am I just rambling here like an old man?

They should give Jungle Hunter the DX treatment. I can't believe they still haven't done it. Their AvP predator figures is probably a big part of why they got so successful / famous in the first place so I think a DX treatment would be fitting for the most iconic predator. So if they left predator out of the DX line I feel like it's kinda a **** you to the fans and to (one) of the franchises that made them a really big company.

Anyone get what I'm saying or am I just rambling here like an old man?
No I'm with you; I feel like at least one Predator should get the DX treatment and the obvious choice is jungle hunter. There's been multiple Batmans and Jokers to receive the DX treatment, yet no Predator to date.

I would be open to a 1/4 jungle hunter with quils, etc. If they did jungle hunter DX, I think they should include two heads to avoid issues with quils and the mask brushing against each other.

Replace Tsang with Kojun ;) metal Armor as the heavier bodies would support it; accurate scale for starters, the eyes on pred's don't really warrant PERS because the eyes are so small.

Replace Tsang with Kojun ;) metal Armor as the heavier bodies would support it; accurate scale for starters, the eyes on pred's don't really warrant PERS because the eyes are so small.

The eyes are just as small as any human being, considering it was K.P.H. under the mask...

I just want a 2.0 iteration of the 1987 Predator. The Classic Pred is good and all, but I want the original dammit.

Back