Hot toys Wolverine preview pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure Hot Toys will fix this, but It's a great Wolverine and I will still might get it even though it looks nothing like Jackman.
The first pictures of Dutch were way off too and look how good he turned out

I was gonna say this too, it seems to be the norm with HT's ........... they post a pic online, gather the feedback (negative) and tweak it. I NEED a Wolverine in my collection and this looks awesome so far. Sculpt just needs more work to Jackmans likeness. Everything else looks perfect.

Take notes HT's! :D

Hugh Jackman doesn't look happy about it.

:rotfl:rotfl

The negative reaction from most folks about the film, perhaps Hugh didn't want his resemblence associated with the character.

or HT didn't use the iconic pointy hair
or Toy claws look better than films claws

A plethora of things Hugh could be upset about.

I agree I don't see too much Jackman, but I still think it looks great! I'm also glad it's not on a muscle body since I've been reading so many complaints about a lack of articulation and tearing, etc., with them.

I am a little disappointed he doesn't have his trademark 'do. I think his hair in the sculpt looks even more droopy than in the movie.

All that aside, though, I'm still liking what I see so far!

I agree I don't see too much Jackman, but I still think it looks great! I'm also glad it's not on a muscle body since I've been reading so many complaints about a lack of articulation and tearing, etc., with them.

I am a little disappointed he doesn't have his trademark 'do. I think his hair in the sculpt looks even more droopy than in the movie.

All that aside, though, I'm still liking what I see so far!

Rubber bodies IMO work better for the "statue" like pose and not so much for posing, although you can but like you say with limited articulation.

I would assume they will include a 2nd sculpt to make sure this one sells out. A second one with the classic growl look and trademark hair too.

I'm not crazy about this figure's headsculpt. I'm actually kinda disapointed but it's still a nice ass figure so I'm getting it. Hopefully they'll change or tweak the sculpt a bit like with the Connor.

I would assume they will include a 2nd sculpt to make sure this one sells out. A second one with the classic growl look and trademark hair too.

Really? You think HT would add a second sculpt instead of a second figure? Do not get me wrong, I like your idea but I am guessing a second figure with the hair, growl, improved sculpt and wife beater.

Re: Hot Toys Wolverine...first look, at last!

kinda of a let down, to be honest. Didn't get the usual "wow" with HT's new release and promo pics. Hopefully new images would change that as hughes jackman wolverine would be in my collection

kinda of a let down, to be honest. Didn't get the usual "wow" with HT's new release and promo pics. Hopefully new images would change that as hughes jackman wolverine would be in my collection

same. I was expected to be "wowed" and I'm not. hopefully it'll turn out better once finished. I'm still getting it though.

It was predictable and funny in terms of getting a rise with folks in this forum. I knew someone would respond on behalf on Medicom. Folks get so wound up over a toy company which is goofy IMO. Seriously, who cares? The discussion is about a preview pic of Hot Toys Wolverine. :rolleyes:

no one is wound up. like i said, just calling it like i see it. what exactly about my comment shows that I am wound up about something? You made a lame and predictable and beaten with a stick joke and all I said was to get new material.

Stop trying to fish for more than there is in the pond. Yeah who cares, that's why youre the one making the dumb jokes about another company?

It's not a dead-on likeness or Hot Toys' best, but I don't get all the hate already.

I dont see any hate, i just see what you said in the first part of your sentence.

God forbid Hot Toys isn't the 100% fool-proof, can do no wrong, juggernaut that people make them out to be.

...Hot Toys isn't the 100% fool-proof, can do no wrong, juggernaut that people make them out to be.
No they're not, but it seems they do listen to their fans and the end result of their products is always satisfying.

No they're not, but it seems they do listen to their fans and the end result of their products is always satisfying.

I agree. When I saw this picture I was thinking that we'll see a new sculpt before it comes out.

And that's really the point of tactfully drawing attention to any flaws. HT is very willing to rework their stuff before it hits the factory so why not help them put out the best product by offering a little constructive critisism.

True, but the reason the end products end up tweaked is BECAUSE of people being truthful critics instead of fanboys. How is saying the sculpt is a bit weak in the Jackman department hurtful to the company when they can see that their customers would like it to be changed?

True, but the reason the end products end up tweaked is BECAUSE of people being truthful critics instead of fanboys. How is saying the sculpt is a bit weak in the Jackman department hurtful to the company when they can see that their customers would like it to be changed?

Agreed! Constructive criticism is needed for further improvements.

This is the hair style i wanted but they went overboard and gave him like Elvis hair.

x-men-origins-wolverine-20080227111118055.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back