Hot toys Wolverine preview pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as they don't wast time and effort on Barraka-pool...I wouldn't mind Deadpool as he appears at the beginning of the film but not the crappy Weapon IX....

I'd love to see alittle bit of peaks in his hair but mostly I'd just like the see the sculpt fixed to look more like Hugh. The nose doesn't really bother me as much as the mouth does.

I would also like to see the wifebeater under the jacket but I'm sure that's wishful thinking. :lol

So it's something of a new body? As far as asthetics go, I really dislike the solid neck. Hated it on Will turner, Hate it now, but it's an easy fix.

As far as what body it is, it's likely the same body as Albert Wesker.

hhere, picture of wesker. you can see what i mean about his body being unique. his forearms, are a bit more muscular, and are... well... rather veiny.

6biohazard5albertwesker.jpg

My money is on wolverine being on some variation of this body.

I think it's the last thing left to do with base bodies, add skin texture and realistic anatomy to it for figures where parts will show but not enough to warrant a muscle body that'll hinder overall articulation.

So it's something of a new body? As far as asthetics go, I really dislike the solid neck. Hated it on Will turner, Hate it now, but it's an easy fix.

Really? I LOVE the sculpted neck. It makes the figures look so much better imo. I hate seeing the little ball joint under the neck piece, if the top of the outfit is low enough. I think it looks horrible. I'm happy to see HT do more figs with sculpted necks.

Really? I LOVE the sculpted neck. It makes the figures look so much better imo. I hate seeing the little ball joint under the neck piece, if the top of the outfit is low enough. I think it looks horrible. I'm happy to see HT do more figs with sculpted necks.

Very much so. he looses an important piece of articulation with that neck, makes it impossible for him to look up, so no poses of him hunched over, looking forward, claws out.

Very much so. he looses an important piece of articulation with that neck, makes it impossible for him to look up, so no poses of him hunched over, looking forward, claws out.

Indeed, Will Turner it's liveable, but this is Wolverine, I want him able to do the most badass posing possible, and only a TT with every possible joint of articualation it's ever had offers that, muscle bodies and sculpted neck TT's are limiting.

exactly. so to a regular TT he goes.......

Might even swap over my comic wolvie to one as well...... Been considering it for a while now.

I think it's the last thing left to do with base bodies, add skin texture and realistic anatomy to it for figures where parts will show but not enough to warrant a muscle body that'll hinder overall articulation.

Agreed entirely. I think you hit it on the nose there.
While I'm posting, I don't mind the hair sculpt, I think in Origins, they had his hair longer, maybe to reflect him wearing his hair longer in the 70's, so it flopped down a little more, the weight of it keeping the pointiness down. There have been Wolverine books where his hair was longer and flopped down more, not stood up in points. I don't mind it looking like Hugh's particular brand of Wolverine, that's the figure I want, as opposed to a more comics-faithful look. I like the "real life realism" that Hot Toys presents, that's also why I like the figure in these plain clothes over an X-Suit.

Well its easy to just switch the head to a standard body, but i wanted the lean muscle body to display him without the jacket. Also i think the new body would have been useful for other characters. We really need that in between body type, and this was the perfect chance to introduce it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back