Hot toys Wolverine preview pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon people! r u blind or something? This isn't Hugh Jackman AT ALL!!!
He's this guy:

There is an artist out there named Erick Sosa which, IMO, is a master at portraits. I wonder what HT is waiting for to snatch him up. I've seen HT struggling with Marcus from Terminator and yet Sosa did a head sculp which is dead on. I sure he could bring Jackman to life. check out his blog. https://toyzkulptor.blogspot.com/
Anyways, just my 2 cents.

Tom

Erick Sosa is serious hit and miss as well. He did the original Tony Stark sculpt for the 1/4 Maquette exclusive and it was seriously off, they ended up having Trevor Grove come in and redo it. Every artist has their hits and misses and I have no doubts that this will be retweaked by HT. I like the overall look and even though I hated Wolverine I'll get this one, and just this one because I want an HT representation of Jackman's portrayal of the character.

I like the overall look and even though I hated Wolverine I'll get this one, and just this one because I want an HT representation of Jackman's portrayal of the character.

The movie was decent IMO. I hope the line is represented by more than one figure. Like everyone, I want Hugh's (Wolverine) but I wouldn't mind a Liev (Sabertooth) or Ryan (Deadpool). Anyone else, eh.

Hot toys usually knocks it out of the park but this sculpt is off.

Hot toys usually knocks it out of the park but this sculpt is off.

Well, I'm sure it was mentioned earlier in this thread somewhere, but I figure HT is really into getting their sculpts as near perfect as possible these days, even if it means a few rounds of resculpting.

They did a resculpt on the John Connor head AND the Marcus Wright head from the Terminator line AFTER the figures had already gone up for pre-order.

Knowing how important it is to get the Jackman sculpt 'just' right, I'm sure they'll do the same with Wolvie until he's near perfect too.

:cool:

Maybe Hot Toys put out a picture of a unfinished sculpt, because we kept pestering for one.

Good point. I love the figure from the neck down, from the neck up not so much. I would probably still buy it but certainly not live up to expectations. Billy (Predator) I can live without the unofficial likeness, Hugh's Wolverine would be mighty disappointing.

Here's my tweak on the sculpt. Mind you, this is a 2d tweak, but really, widen the eyes a tad, move them a tad apart, lower the cheekbones and narrow the nose just a tad and I think you've got it...

logan_tweak.jpg

That first tweak with the two images side by side i seriously see no difference at all, both look likethe same thing both look somewhat like hugh and off in parts. Overall Ithink this looks a lot like Hugh, I always did.

Here's my tweak on the sculpt. Mind you, this is a 2d tweak, but really, widen the eyes a tad, move them a tad apart, lower the cheekbones and narrow the nose just a tad and I think you've got it...

logan_tweak.jpg

The tweaking you did looks way better...I think the problem is the HT nose is to broad and flat. As for the hair and sculpt it looks like HT used the picture below as a reference. The hair has almost the exact shape...minus a few points and the facial expression is very close.

mike

As for the hair and sculpt it looks like HT used the picture below as a reference. The hair has almost the exact shape...minus a few points and the facial expression is very close.

I hope the image is the one used, that is a classic look. Fix the hair style, color and head sculpt I will be happy. :D

I don't get the hang up on the hair with everyone, it looks to capture his hair perfectly from Origins, I'm dissappointed the movie lacked his trademark hair from the first X films, but as far as representing origins, this head does it.

Yeah, it looks just like this:

X-Men-Origins-Wolverine-Promo-Photos-preview-5.jpg

But Logan's hair wasn't black in the film. It could just be the lighting in the HT teaser shot (similar to the lighting in the actor photo i posted right above) though.

His hair gets mussed up quite a bit over the course of the film, but this is how I wanted HT to sculpt the hair:

With some of the tips slightly standing up
x_men_origins_wolverine_ver4.jpg

But Logan's hair wasn't black in the film. It could just be the lighting in the HT teaser shot (similar to the lighting in the actor photo i posted right above) though.

His hair gets mussed up quite a bit over the course of the film, but this is how I wanted HT to sculpt the hair:

Ok...forget the pic I posted...this is definetely the pic they used as reference.

mike

To be honest the only thing i'd change is the nose, needs to be a bit thinner but overall a nice figure, and remember this is still just a prototype, hot toys often tweak things and little niggles up until production, i mean they've only just finalised marcus wright and he's going into production soon, so if you're hoping for tipped hair, you still might get it, depending on how many people moan about it, to be honest i'd buy it as is at the moment.

I don't get the hang up on the hair with everyone, it looks to capture his hair perfectly from Origins, I'm dissappointed the movie lacked his trademark hair from the first X films, but as far as representing origins, this head does it.

I love the hair. I think it needs to be fuller (or something) and the color adjusted but like you, it is classic for the origins film.

If Hot Toys give me these four guys I'm a happy pot smoking Aussie....:blissy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back