Hot Toys TTM 20-22 TrueType Basic Series discussion & what to use them for?.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A box of scraps.
Damn you, lol. Beat me to it. My reply *would* have been: "I built it in the desert from a bunch of scraps..."

where did you get the arc reactor from?

But seriously. Light system was very slightly modified from a Superman light up kryptonite toy, and the reactor frame shape was cut from a set of photoetch pieces from a 1/35 scale WWII half-track PE upgrade set.
I drilled the chest hole, backed it with sanded clear plastic to diffuse the light, and drilled a hole on the rear to access the battery.
It's pretty basic. The switch is on Tony's back and you can feel it under his shirt

I just tried it.
The head *fits*. Just barely, but i have to say it looks weird.
RDJ does not have that physique...
I could take pics if you like...

I am having difficulty removing the head from the neck as its kinda tight. Did you just pull it hard enough? Looking forward to some pictures of yours. Can you recommend any head that will fit the physique aside from Arnold and Bane?

Sent from the Batcave using Tapatalk

Tony head on a Arnold body. :lol

Lol.
I know.

I am having difficulty removing the head from the neck as its kinda tight. Did you just pull it hard enough? Looking forward to some pictures of yours. Can you recommend any head that will fit the physique aside from Arnold and Bane?

I have a military uniform on the body right now with a DX10 head. I took off the ballistic vest for pics.
Chris Redfield, Rescue Cap, TFA Cap, Reeve Superman, Perseus, and Tech Noir Arnie(Obviously). I tried a Routh Superman head on there and it just sits on top. If there's another specific head anyone would like to see on the body from my "stock" list(See my sigline), let me know.

IMG_3469_zps2291fc78.jpg~original

IMG_3468_zps58403640.jpg~original

IMG_3467_zps14e6261d.jpg~original

IMG_3466_zps90f55a72.jpg~original

IMG_3465_zpseb2f2618.jpg~original

IMG_3464_zpsec29f31a.jpg~original

IMG_3463_zps53e21b4d.jpg~original

Which one is bigger and more muscular, Bane body or TTM20?

Does any one have comparison pictures?

Thx in advance...

BBTS - at least 16 on pre-order. Their TTM22 stock also just came in recently and I'm now 1 item away from shipping the "pile of loot" I've been accumulating for the past 4 months.

Which one is bigger and more muscular, Bane body or TTM20?

Does any one have comparison pictures?

Thx in advance...

TTM20 is bigger... Bane is equal (almost identical) to KausticPlastic KP02 body in size

looks like the tt20 is sold out on ssc, does any one know another place to get it?

Amiami's starts off at USD20 less per unit (than SSC's).... bulk shipping from Japan might make it cost effective.

Is the TTM-21 exactly the same as the old advance body?

I need to know if it has the sculpted and painted forearms.

TTM21 is the Regular body, pretty much what is called "Narrow Shoulder" in some similar and knock-off bodies.

TTM20 is the advanced muscle body.

I'm pretty sure none of the new bodies are the same as the old ones. Similar yes, but they're different model numbers for a reason. You can see pretty high resolution images of all the different releases if you search Google Images. That said, the arms on TTM20 don't look painted to me.

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_050813a.htm

I have yet to receive my TTM21 and TTM22, but I hope they're much higher quality than the $20-25 knock-offs. I used a narrow-shoulder knock-off for a custom I just made as a gift and while padding up the upper body and doing some clothing test-fitting, I broke the shoulder joint where it's attached to the upper arm. It's setting up after being repaired right now. I cracked open the upper arm to remove the joint nub and have re-attached that to the solder using Permatex Perma-Poxy Plastic Weld. Once that sets up I'm going to use gel-control crazy glue (CA) to hold the halves of the upper arm together.

The gift is supposed to be given this week, so these last-minute repairs had me a little scared. Not enough time to get any spare parts nor replacement body either, so this has to work.

TTM21 is the Regular body, pretty much what is called "Narrow Shoulder" in some similar and knock-off bodies.

TTM21 is named as Regular body now, but the exact same mold is being used before for the Advance TT body.

"Narrow shoulder" per say are available in many clones of TT, might be a reason HT chose not to re-release it...

Is the TTM-21 exactly the same as the old advance body?

I need to know if it has the sculpted and painted forearms.

Yes, the forearms are one-piece with sculpted veins... unpainted matted plastic.

Sorry, I mixed up that cplhicks was asking about the TTM19, former muscular body, which I thought had the word "advanced" in its name.

TTM21 is named as Regular body now, but the exact same mold is being used before for the Advance TT body.

"Narrow shoulder" per say are available in many clones of TT, might be a reason HT chose not to re-release it...

Yes, the forearms are one-piece with sculpted veins... unpainted matted plastic.

Thanks for the answer:duff

Dirty Rick needs a body:lecture

I haven't been into GI Joe in like 30 years, but I would think Cobra Commander might even work with the TTM22 Slim. TTM20 is HUGE and if you look back some pages you can see that even a lot of heads are far too small for its super-thick neck. Think body-builder when you think TTM20 Muscular - you could use that for an 80's Skeletor or He-Man. Think athletic or ideal (unfortunately can't use the word "average here) when you think TTM21 Regular. TTM21 is very versatile - it can go either way depending on clothing and as far as TrueType goes, it's the most "everyman" body.

Yeah, I saw more pictures now and I agree, the TTM 20 is too bulky for the Troopers and CC, I want them to be more athletic and not too bulky...

Back