Hot Toys TTM 20-22 TrueType Basic Series discussion & what to use them for?.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TTM21 is now listed as "in stock" at Sideshow. However "in stock" at Sideshow doesn't mean the item is in stock. It just means back/pre-order with stock expected within the time period listed - maybe. When something says "pre-order" it really means "coming at some unknown time in the future."

The parts to make these basic bodies must be mined from the darkest corner of the Earth, or the deepest depth of its oceans. They could also be made from super-rare space dust to explain why it takes so long for them to be made available in quantity. It doesn't help that it seems they're being imported from Hong Kong one at a time. ;)

I've had a couple on order via another store since very early February when it was though they might be available in March. At the moment I don't expect to see them before the end of May.

Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else think the forearms are a bit long on these figures? I was posing the TTM 21 checking out the articulation and noticed the forearms seem to be on the longer side compared to a couple of other figures I have.

Maybe I just have short arms, which makes me a bit biased?

Last edited:
I don't have the older slim. How short in comparison to other TTs( Narrow/Advanced) are we talking?

If anyone has any height comparison pics that'd be great.

edit: Nevermind, I found one.

Finally got processing email for the slim. Using it for a Jedi Luke!

hello my good sir's. im new to 1/6 collecting and new here in sideshow.. few questions, if ever i need to kitbash a casual tony stark and steve rogers?---what is the good body for them? i know the ttm-19 is expensive nowadays. if im buying the CIAN head steve rogers what will be a good alternative body for it? im looking for alternatives for me to start my first ever 1/6 figure KB. thanks for the help.

hello my good sir's. im new to 1/6 collecting and new here in sideshow.. few questions, if ever i need to kitbash a casual tony stark and steve rogers?---what is the good body for them? i know the ttm-19 is expensive nowadays. if im buying the CIAN head steve rogers what will be a good alternative body for it? im looking for alternatives for me to start my first ever 1/6 figure KB. thanks for the help.

TTM21 then... you can bulk it up further as needed

I don't have the older slim. How short in comparison to other TTs( Narrow/Advanced) are we talking?

If anyone has any height comparison pics that'd be great.

edit: Nevermind, I found one.

Here's another pic (or the same) from google pic search:
4192330302_b8ddbce081.jpg

I know this is a HT thread, but if you intend to add a reactor in there, the Soldier Story body has a lot more room in the chest for lighting on the Tony figure.
And you can buy those bodies for $10.

IMG_3420_zps68e7a5e1.jpg~original

IMG_3421_zps38879779.jpg~original

IMG_3423_zpsd1f50afc.jpg~original

IMG_3424_zps58a09056.jpg~original

IMG_3425_zps485879e0.jpg~original

IMG_3433_zps64ef91be.jpg~original

IMG_3437_zpsb046ff9a.jpg~original

I used narrow shoulders for Tony and it looks good, for Steve Rogers it all depends if you want a super strong look or more movie accurate.

I was debating between the TTM20 and TTM21 for my Steve Rogers, however now that I tried both, the TTM20 looks super strong and the TTM21 looks like Rogers before becoming Captain America...even the TTM19 looks kind of weak in comparison with TTM20.

I used narrow shoulders for Tony and it looks good, for Steve Rogers it all depends if you want a super strong look or more movie accurate.

I was debating between the TTM20 and TTM21 for my Steve Rogers, however now that I tried both, the TTM20 looks super strong and the TTM21 looks like Rogers before becoming Captain America...even the TTM19 looks kind of weak in comparison with TTM20.

thank YOU my good sir. looking forward for a decent steve rogers KB body. but is it not the ttm20 to big for Steve?

I know this is a HT thread, but if you intend to add a reactor in there, the Soldier Story body has a lot more room in the chest for lighting on the Tony figure.
And you can buy those bodies for $10.

IMG_3420_zps68e7a5e1.jpg~original

IMG_3421_zps38879779.jpg~original

IMG_3423_zpsd1f50afc.jpg~original

IMG_3424_zps58a09056.jpg~original

IMG_3425_zps485879e0.jpg~original

IMG_3433_zps64ef91be.jpg~original

IMG_3437_zpsb046ff9a.jpg~original

where did you get the arc reactor from?

Back