Hot Toys TTM 20-22 TrueType Basic Series discussion & what to use them for?.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys TTM 20-22 TrueType Basic Series

They are the go-to company for 1/6 scale bodies. There is no other company that even comes close to their level of popularity on that front. So, it's just basic economics--they can set their price, and people will pay.

exactly, My only disappointment is the lack of generic HS ( was hoping from some bashing fodder ) but what evs, I just hope the next 3 are colored ( Spanish, African, Native ...) just for the sake of variety

They are the go-to company for 1/6 scale bodies. There is no other company that even comes close to their level of popularity on that front. So, it's just basic economics--they can set their price, and people will pay.

They can, but I won't..........maybe.:gah::rotfl

How frikkin desensitized have we become. People rationalizing that its not such a bad deal? The price is not an OUTRAGE? I rarely get so animated about price but this is just simply outrageous in every sense of the word and I've actually lost a bit of respect for hot toys. Look I know they are a business but the price on these downright pisses me off.

I used to buy true types for 30 bucks a pop 2 years ago. I thought it was crossing the line when the last batch cost 50 but now the damn things are 60 and have NO HEAD?... Seriously hot toys.

The price is fueled by ebay no doubt. People dropping $100 on a body are idiots. And it is HT fault for not keeping the basic bodies in constant production.

The Arnold body and TTM19 are not topped by anyone, but a regular narrow shoulder? $20 ebay knockoffs all day long for me.

Where's nam to tell everyone to quit being an entitled whiner and suck it up, that if you're dirt poor you shouldn't be in this hobby or some such. :rotfl

The price is fueled by ebay no doubt. People dropping $100 on a body are idiots. And it is HT fault for not keeping the basic bodies in constant production.

The Arnold body and TTM19 are not topped by anyone, but a regular narrow shoulder? $20 ebay knockoffs all day long for me.

Yeah, we have an answer to the narrow shoulder and the KP is kinda an answer to the muscle body with HT still being better. How about the slim though? Are there any generic cheaper slim bodies around?

9a23ffb2gw1dzytovguu3j.jpg

I got a reply from Collectible Kitbash. They are pricing the muscle body at £45 plus postage, and the other two at £39 plus post.
I'd expect if anyone in the UK wants to order from them, they should get in touch early to avoid disappointment.

Thanks for info on DX luke, everyone.

I am wanting a perfect size for ANH Han - I assume the HT regular body is ideal?

Alter ego has the muscle at $55 and others at $45

I just bought the KP02 body before the HT announcement and it was $50+ without a head so seems HT's prices are pretty much in-line. wonder how much the new KP and ACI will be

I just bought the KP02 body before the HT announcement and it was $50+ without a head so seems HT's prices are pretty much in-line. wonder how much the new KP and ACI will be

Just like anything that is becoming scarce price goes up. KP02's run is done for now, so whatever is out on the market is it. Not to sound like a ****, but you need to shop around I just got 2 of those for under $40.

How frikkin desensitized have we become. People rationalizing that its not such a bad deal? The price is not an OUTRAGE? I rarely get so animated about price but this is just simply outrageous in every sense of the word and I've actually lost a bit of respect for hot toys. Look I know they are a business but the price on these downright pisses me off.

I used to buy true types for 30 bucks a pop 2 years ago. I thought it was crossing the line when the last batch cost 50 but now the damn things are 60 and have NO HEAD?... Seriously hot toys.

I honestly don't see what the big deal is. These bodies are 100x better than the old disproportioned TT's. :dunno

Just like anything that is becoming scarce price goes up. KP02's run is done for now, so whatever is out on the market is it. Not to sound like a ****, but you need to shop around I just got 2 of those for under $40.

I actually did buy it for less than $40 but me being in Canada just ended up being $50+ and I was lucky not to get dinged for brokerage charges and customs on top of it which likely would have pushed it to be almost $70. Prices locally tend to be higher to reflect these hurdles so the KP here likely was at $45-$50. Now that HT likely be $60 here makes the HT price seem reasonable.

Boycotting never works. Only stop buying and never buying again does, and that takes a long time and a lot of people to do it for it to even begin to be effective. Look at Apple. They are far worse than HT at price gouging and people know it, but still buy their crap anyway. They and HT will keep doing it until people just literally can't pay $1,000 for a nude body or earbuds.

The price is fair for the Advanced Muscular body... but the rest are probably $10-$15 more than they should be considering the lack of a headsculpt.

So I'll probably pick up 2 of the Advanced Mscular bodies to use for projects, but pass on the rest unless I can find a web sale for a better price.

Retailers should all have them around 10% off... I usually go through Alter Ego as the shipping is low and they offer 2% in RP. Tends to be the cheapest option.

Back