Hot Toys TTM 20-22 TrueType Basic Series discussion & what to use them for?.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys TTM 20-22 TrueType Basic Series

I've been checking at bbts for these to show up, surprised thay have'nt yet. Wonder whats the hold up or am I looking in the wrong area, there usually in the hot toys military section:dunno

I don't see why their advanced muscle body is $10 more then the regular or slim bodies. The other two even come with a few more accessories then the advanced. :dunno

I'm guessing Hot Toys knows which one of these is their money maker, and padded on the extra $10.

I don't see why their advanced muscle body is $10 more then the regular or slim bodies. The other two even come with a few more accessories then the advanced. :dunno

I'm guessing Hot Toys knows which one of these is their money maker, and padded on the extra $10.

Have you felt the weight difference between the two bodies? Im pretty sure the Advanced body has about $10 more worth of plastic as it weighs about twice as much.

I don't see why their advanced muscle body is $10 more then the regular or slim bodies. The other two even come with a few more accessories then the advanced.

If the advanced muscular is anything like the TTM19 or Chris Reeve Superman body, it will have a rubber upper torso and neck area.
That will have to be moulded separately in situ over a plastic under frame.
That's why it will cost a bit more.

Have you felt the weight difference between the two bodies? Im pretty sure the Advanced body has about $10 more worth of plastic as it weighs about twice as much.

If the advanced muscular is anything like the TTM19 or Chris Reeve Superman body, it will have a rubber upper torso and neck area.
That will have to be moulded separately in situ over a plastic under frame.
That's why it will cost a bit more.

I'm not buying it, It shouldn't cost an extra $10 in either case. Maybe an extra couple of dollars, but not ten. Hot toys is just pricing their big seller more to make some extra cash.
It's right in line with Hot Toy's m.o..

ttm 21-22 = 600g
ttm 20 = 700g

Not that heavier, really.

I'm not buying it, It shouldn't cost an extra $10 in either case. Maybe an extra couple of dollars, but not ten. Hot toys is just pricing their big seller more to make some extra cash.

Nah, it's the same as the DX10 body. There's a bit more work and quite a bit more plastic.

I'd reckon that the plastic cost to make these items(Not counting labour of the workers to assemble them), would be less than $1.
BUT(And it's a real "Sir-Mixalot" but), the cost of the MOULDS for the parts could be close to $40,000 for a full set(It's *possible* some parts are shared, but not all).
What hot Toys is doing here is saying: "We don't normally do this, but here's the T-800 body you all wanted, but we need to make $100,000 from it to make it profitable and cover our costs plus make a profit". They will have estimated the time a run will take to sell out and price the body accordingly.
They are doing nothing wrong. Pricing it at level the market will sustain.
It's the essence of capitalism.

Why people order from BBTS over Alter Ego is a mystery to me. CSC I understand, but never had an issue at AE

They like the option of cancelling without penalty that BBTS provides.

They like the option of cancelling without penalty that BBTS provides.

Ah, ok - thanks for that info

I've noticed that alter ego seems to have changed their fees at the time of their site update. They used to allow a 14 day window (i believe, or 10) to cancel a preorder, now, it seems to be an immediate 10% at anytime

Ah, ok - thanks for that info

I've noticed that alter ego seems to have changed their fees at the time of their site update. They used to allow a 14 day window (i believe, or 10) to cancel a preorder, now, it seems to be an immediate 10% at anytime

Yeah. BBTS is more flexible than any other place besides Sideshow. You can cancel stuff conveniently from your account page with them. However, I personally go through Alter Ego and AP Collectibles myself.

and then the 2.0 version comes out and your investment immediately drops below retail price. :lol

That's true. Truetypes can always be used for customization purpose. The movie characters and such are always subject to being devalued by a newer version, however. I suspect the original AVP Predators will be selling for significantly less than they were going for.

Even if figures become "devalued", it's still a good chunk more than retail.

Back