Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THUD!!!

and just like that...Mando and Grogu 2.0 have come "instock" at Popcultcha!!

Now with this set,TCW Anakin coming instock last week,and with Mando Luke,Ashoka and Jesse last night.. I feel as if my wallet has cried out in terror and has been suddenly silenced.
I feel something terrible has happened...

😍😍😛
And not just that, Ikon got in a bunch of HT including Kuiil and Blurrg so they should be popping up on PC soon!!

So I guess the flight suit is made of some kind of nylon or something. It simply won't take on dye.
Before and after pic after letting it sit in a strong mixture of black and brown dye for 20 mins. I think it may be a tinge darker, but it's hard to tell for sure.

flightsuit.jpg

I saw that the boots weren't quite accurate, so I repainted them and added a bit of sand and dirt wash since they're usually pretty nasty looking in the show.
I also noticed that his side armor pieces are actually more blue than grey too.
I think I have ocd. lol

boots.jpg

vlcsnap-2023-03-26-21h09m00s655.png

Anyone else notice the slight reshaping of his shoulder armor this season? Sits a bit lowered and forms to his shoulder more naturally, I think I like it more, but unable to replicate the look

invoiced by KGH a few hours ago for the Deluxe version. My regular is still sitting at the airport after 5 days though.

I've also been trying to make slight changes on my Mando and make him look more S3. The flight suit is more grey this season so leaving it as is makes sense. Plus glad I got the S1 stomach pad as the brown on that is more lighter brown. I will be repainting his side armor pieces the correct blue with weathering.

So I guess the flight suit is made of some kind of nylon or something. It simply won't take on dye.
Before and after pic after letting it sit in a strong mixture of black and brown dye for 20 mins. I think it may be a tinge darker, but it's hard to tell for sure.

View attachment 630480

I saw that the boots weren't quite accurate, so I repainted them and added a bit of sand and dirt wash since they're usually pretty nasty looking in the show.
I also noticed that his side armor pieces are actually more blue than grey too.
I think I have ocd. lol

View attachment 630489

View attachment 630490

That flight suit looks more grey than brown if you ask me…

Last edited:
I wasn’t going to say anything, since the NDA is still in effect.
But I made the original season 1 flight suit, and can confirm it’s actually made from the same material as Han’s Hoth jacket and lined with the remains of the blue/gold dress from the meme a few years ago. Hope that helps.

Got my refinished armor pieces back from my friend, Rob. Flight suit and right thigh armor repainted by me. Now I just want to tone down the yellow on the gloves and I've ordered a custom Pascal sculpt, but it'll be quite a while before I have that.

_MG_2948.jpg

Got my refinished armor pieces back from my friend, Rob. Flight suit and right thigh armor repainted by me. Now I just want to tone down the yellow on the gloves and I've ordered a custom Pascal sculpt, but it'll be quite a while before I have that.

View attachment 631678
The repaint looks great! Much better than the full chrome look. What paint did you use if you don't mind sharing? I've been thinking of grabbing a can of Alumaluster and repainting mine as well.
Also, how easy was it taking the helmet apart? I've been looking at it but I'm a bit hesitant to just start prying it apart without getting a spare first.

The repaint looks great! Much better than the full chrome look. What paint did you use if you don't mind sharing? I've been thinking of grabbing a can of Alumaluster and repainting mine as well.
Also, how easy was it taking the helmet apart? I've been looking at it but I'm a bit hesitant to just start prying it apart without getting a spare first.
I'm curious as well. I've been toying with the idea of picking up V2 and having it accurately painted...but I have no idea who to go to for that.

I'm curious as well. I've been toying with the idea of picking up V2 and having it accurately painted...but I have no idea who to go to for that.

I sent mine across seas to a friend to have done (steel_shields_80 on Instagram). He usually only does the non-chrome Mando but I let him experiment on mine. As far as what he did or used, I didn't really ask.

Back