Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So HT season 3 version will have the imperial jetpack, shield & baton, the 2 new blasters he keeps and new left gauntlet with missing whistling bird
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Slow down - they can milk us for at least TWO new Mandos with that kind of gear…

After seeing the chrome Mando at my LCS, I couldn’t deny the shelf presence, but really didn’t want to shell out $300+ for another version. But man…it’s really nice looking and it contrasts even more to the OG Mando. I was able to snag the loose chrome parts I wanted and just swapped them onto my Beskar v1 figure.
E0F0A1D6-0E52-4109-96CD-7B5EE79BC7CF.jpeg

1092317B-5D56-47CE-ACA2-3CC5D01E6526.jpeg

Last edited:
Going to be purchasing Mandolorian TMS051 very soon had 2 question. I plan on polishing the chrome to get rid of excess weathering….
1.) Is 1 pack with 2 polishing cape cod cloths (4x6 size) enough or should I plan to buy two package?

2.) Can someone post link, ideally Amazon to cotton clothes to wipe off and dry off armor pieces after using cape cod cloth.

Thanks. Just joined site a day or two ago. Look forward to being part of communit.

Going to be purchasing Mandolorian TMS051 very soon had 2 question. I plan on polishing the chrome to get rid of excess weathering….
1.) Is 1 pack with 2 polishing cape cod cloths (4x6 size) enough or should I plan to buy two package?

2.) Can someone post link, ideally Amazon to cotton clothes to wipe off and dry off armor pieces after using cape cod cloth.

Thanks. Just joined site a day or two ago. Look forward to being part of communit.

Two polishing pads were more than enough for me. Just make sure you order the "Polishing Cloths" which include the Cape Cod solvent/polish as opposed to Cape Cod "Buffing Cloths" which are just dry towels for use after the solvent/polish is used. There are several Amazon listings which include only the buffing cloths and not the actual polish. I made that mistake initially and had to re-order. But its easy to spot if you know what you're looking for 😇.

I really like how mine turned out:

IMG2867.jpeg

Two polishing pads were more than enough for me. Just make sure you order the "Polishing Cloths" which include the Cape Cod solvent/polish as opposed to Cape Cod "Buffing Cloths" which are just dry towels for use after the solvent/polish is used. There are several Amazon listings which include only the buffing cloths and not the actual polish. I made that mistake initially and had to re-order. But its easy to spot if you know what you're looking for 😇.

I really like how mine turned out:

IMG2867.jpeg
That looks fantastic :)

Thanks for the info. I checked I did order the polishing cloth. Cape Cod Polish Co Metal Polishing Cloths Foil Pouch 0.53oz, Stainless Steel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0017H3PIO?ref_=cm_sw_r_apin_dp_53SNPQQNQNJG9JVT54CS

I might get the buffing cloth though. Or is a paper towel or microfiber sufficient?

With how S3 ended and the fact Mando is now left with what he has gear wise. I think keeping this version as my main figure is enough.

I think this is going to perfect main to be honest.
Any potential updated Mandolorian figures would just be different accessories and potential improved Pedro pascal head sculpt (which I would almost never regardless).

Maybe a de-weathered chrome armor lol

These accessories are perfect for me: Dark Saber, Rifle, Blaster Pistol and Beskar Staff.

After seeing the chrome Mando at my LCS, I couldn’t deny the shelf presence, but really didn’t want to shell out $300+ for another version. But man…it’s really nice looking and it contrasts even more to the OG Mando. I was able to snag the loose chrome parts I wanted and just swapped them onto my Beskar v1 figure.
View attachment 635791
So how did you get Mando hands to relax like that?

@Darth KirBayBey
Slightly curled fingers and a drooping thumb are actually what relaxed hands look like.
There are plenty of active muscles involved to extend and abduct our fingers like those hands and it usually indicates wariness or readiness.

And that’s my pedantry done for the day.

I finally opened the deluxe yesterday. Pretty spectacular...but is there a trick to getting his jetpack's ring on and off that tiny plastic clip for lugging-across-Tatooine mode? Just putting it on bent and whitened the straight part of the clip, and I'm pretty leery about trying to take it off again.

I'm surprised he didn't come with Throne Boba's new hand sculpts. That felt like a given once they existed, since they share the parts in different colors.

This is the way….Finally lol

- Very Stressful 48 hrs dealing with this figure. Didn’t anticipate since I bought it brand new from retailer (I believe retailer was displaying the figure out of box though).
The neck peg just didn’t want to go in. Took 30-40 minutes to finally get it in. The collar didn’t help plus with how deep it is to get the peg lined up correctly.

- Found out that the plastic chrome piece that has the velcro, it’s glue dried out/or was **** glue. Fortunately had Loctite Super Glue and glued the square piece onto the back the chest plate.

- Then the wrist peg broke and piece of the stick peg was stuck in hand. Was pretty devastated. Fortunately for the some advice from you fine people here and I was able extract ball peg that was still on arm and swap it with 1 spare peg it came with.
-Have him setup on the top shelf of my detolf. Nothing to crazy for a pose cause it’s difficult for me to reach top shelf by myself (I’m in wheelchair) and I didn’t want him tipping over + falling on floor while try to place on shelf.
A41C7814-218C-4704-82C0-485CB0C64991.jpeg
91674EA4-D132-4762-976C-F8F786883E10.jpeg

I went ahead and weathered Mando's boots they look better now like they do in the show.

This is the way….Finally lol

- Very Stressful 48 hrs dealing with this figure. Didn’t anticipate since I bought it brand new from retailer (I believe retailer was displaying the figure out of box though).
The neck peg just didn’t want to go in. Took 30-40 minutes to finally get it in. The collar didn’t help plus with how deep it is to get the peg lined up correctly.

- Found out that the plastic chrome piece that has the velcro, it’s glue dried out/or was **** glue. Fortunately had Loctite Super Glue and glued the square piece onto the back the chest plate.

- Then the wrist peg broke and piece of the stick peg was stuck in hand. Was pretty devastated. Fortunately for the some advice from you fine people here and I was able extract ball peg that was still on arm and swap it with 1 spare peg it came with.
-Have him setup on the top shelf of my detolf. Nothing to crazy for a pose cause it’s difficult for me to reach top shelf by myself (I’m in wheelchair) and I didn’t want him tipping over + falling on floor while try to place on shelf.
View attachment 637227View attachment 637229
Looks great! I can relate when it comes to dealing with Hot Toys and unexpected problems. What's that famous Marine Corp saying: "Adapt, Improvise, Overcome." Looks like you did a really nice job of that. "Semper Fidelis" fellow collector.

This guy finally arrived today. I opened up the box to make sure everything was OK then closed it all back up.
I have the Cape Cod stuff I need to clean him up but I'm not 100% sure I want to keep him. If I'm going to sell him, I'd rather sell him in his as new condition, so he's staying untouched in his box until I make up my mind.

Last edited:
This guy finally arrived today. I opened up the box to make sure everything was OK then closed it all back up.
I have the Cape Cod stuff I need to clean him up but I'm not 100% sure I want to keep. If I'm going to sell him, I'd rather sell him in his as new condition, so he's staying untouched in his box until I make up my mind.

Free NIB Hot Toys 1:6 Mandalorian Season 2 figure with purchase of Cape Cod Cloth ($385).

Back