Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm torn between this and the 1.0 DX. I love the chrome but it comes off as a bit too shiny to me? I don't know if that's fully screen accurate - on screen it's slightly dulled. Both have pros and cons - I want the Dark Sabre and Pedro sculpt, but I also want the Grogu pram. Argh!
I went with the DX 1.0. Like you I thought about getting the Season 2 chrome for the sculpt and Darksaber then I realized I would have probably left all of it in the box with the staff as well. I’m only going to have 1 Mando on display so I wouldn’t use the Pedro sculpt over the helmet.

I really like the look of him walking next to the pram and that’s what I want in my collection. The armour is not chrome in the show. The 1.0 is captures the look of the armour a little better IMO.

It also helps I snagged it off Sideshow for less than $300 Canadian shipped which is absolutely unheard of these days for 1/6 figures.

I went with the DX 1.0. Like you I thought about getting the Season 2 chrome for the sculpt and Darksaber then I realized I would have probably left all of it in the box with the staff as well. I’m only going to have 1 Mando on display so I wouldn’t use the Pedro sculpt over the helmet.

I really like the look of him walking next to the pram and that’s what I want in my collection. The armour is not chrome in the show. The 1.0 is captures the look of the armour a little better IMO.

It also helps I snagged it off Sideshow for less than $300 Canadian shipped which is absolutely unheard of these days for 1/6 figures.

I'm definitely the same as you regarding wanting him walking next to the pram, but also that iconic art piece of Mando reaching out to the pram in their first scene together. I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling that way about the armour too. I think I've made my mind up. Until I change it agaion lol.

Ok, so 1.0 was in a sale which was really making me lean towards him, in addition to the other reasons I mentioned. But I hesitated and missed it so now I'm thinking I might just pay the extra for the chrome version so I get the darksaber the Pedro sculpt. Flip flopping like mad on this one.

Ok, so 1.0 was in a sale which was really making me lean towards him, in addition to the other reasons I mentioned. But I hesitated and missed it so now I'm thinking I might just pay the extra for the chrome version so I get the darksaber the Pedro sculpt. Flip flopping like mad on this one.
Trust me get the chrome you will not regret it in hand it looks amazing with even zero mods!

The dimensionality the chrome adds to the helmet alone makes it worth owning over the original and this is coming from someone who loves the original!

Just took him out of the box. Great figure. Mine looks plenty shiny with little weathering covering up the chrome so I’m not seeing any need to clean it up.

D1FCDAF0-616C-45B5-982E-6DA47F4503CC.jpeg

I modded my Mando a bit more now. I have the hook for the detenator on the back of the belt to hang the Darksaber so now he looks better. As for the cape the wires popped out on mine because HT uses **** glue so it's all over the place now. So I got my hands on a S1 cape which I turned into a S2/S3 cape all tattered and damaged at the bottom. He looks even better now though I have a second Mando on order with SS so I can get him later and keep one clean armor, and the other weathered.

Feel like I'm the only one that ordered the standard lol just didn't feel the accessories I wouldn't use.
Fully paid off but still waiting on PopCollectibles to ship. Damn, they are slow.

Feel like I'm the only one that ordered the standard lol just didn't feel the accessories I wouldn't use.
Fully paid off but still waiting on PopCollectibles to ship. Damn, they are slow.
If/when I get him, I’m getting the standard. All the deluxe extras are just too scene-specific for me to ever use.

Nothin' like going back and forth on which figure to get :ROFLMAO:

Well I got both the standard and deluxe :LOL:

I just liked that scene of Din D'jarin hiking with all that gear. A more or less subtle statement on what a badass this guy is (as opposed to poor Finn, who was pitching his armor as he went and then had to battle for water against a giant pig :monkey3 ).

Grogu, dragon meat, Boba's gear. So awesome.

But, like, I have no use for the spear, really, so in the box it stays. I hope I can afford the bike😓

Back