Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I repainted the right thigh plate to look more accurate to the show. And I cleaned the armor completely with cape Cod. But I found on the helmet a small paint scratch not very noticeable unless you look for it, but knowing it's there is eating at me. I also accidentally took some of the black panel paint from the right ear muffler I fixed it with some black acrylic paint for now but hope to get the armor repainted to be less shiny. In the meantime I bought S1 armor which will be a stand in. Also we have a Mando in the same armor in the promo shots for Paz Vizsla
20230227_182221.jpg
433869-FB-IMG-1677471410451~2.jpg

Just gave him the Cape Cod treatment tonight and wow... night and day. I left some dirt and grime to make him still look like he's seen some stuff, but hit the raised areas.

Awesome. Just awesome.

Also, has anyone tried putting this helmet on Durasteel Mando? Mine is currently packed away otherwise I'd try it. Bet he'd look pretty cool.

Attachments

• 20230227_205301.jpg
    20230227_205301.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230227_205310.jpg
    20230227_205310.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230227_205320.jpg
    20230227_205320.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230227_205330.jpg
    20230227_205330.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
I repainted the right thigh plate to look more accurate to the show. And I cleaned the armor completely with cape Cod. But I found on the helmet a small paint scratch not very noticeable unless you look for it, but knowing it's there is eating at me. I also accidentally took some of the black panel paint from the right ear muffler I fixed it with some black acrylic paint for now but hope to get the armor repainted to be less shiny. In the meantime I bought S1 armor which will be a stand in. Also we have a Mando in the same armor in the promo shots for Paz Vizsla View attachment 625570View attachment 625571
Nice job on the right thigh...I plan to do the same once he arrives....I was gonna mask and give coats with Tamiya smoke til it's the right density but yours looks really nice. Which top coat(s) did you use?

Just gave him the Cape Cod treatment tonight and wow... night and day. I left some dirt and grime to make him still look like he's seen some stuff, but hit the raised areas.

Awesome. Just awesome.

Also, has anyone tried putting this helmet on Durasteel Mando? Mine is currently packed away otherwise I'd try it. Bet he'd look pretty cool.

Attachments

• 26B531DF-C4CA-4093-B3F9-69FED564CD48.jpeg
    26B531DF-C4CA-4093-B3F9-69FED564CD48.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Here's my S1 Mando with the new shiny helmet on

Awesome. Just awesome.

Here is mine with the newer helmet on him.

8E892FF4-81DD-48E0-84F8-83A879804C01.jpeg

Still waiting on Popcollectibles for mine. Paid the shipping last week, still nothing. Are they usually this slow?

Nice job on the right thigh...I plan to do the same once he arrives....I was gonna mask and give coats with Tamiya smoke til it's the right density but yours looks really nice. Which top coat(s) did you use?
I actually used angelus acrylic leather paint. I used black mixed a bit with another grey paint which gave it a slight charcoal color, and just coated the whole thing with a brush. But before I did I cleaned the plate with cape cod and removed 90% of the weathering first. After the paint dried I basically used a toothpick and removed the paint in the areas that had wear like in the show. Until it looked accurate what's cool is the paint peels/flakes off when you do that and the chrome paint of the thigh plate isn't damaged.

I intend to have the chrome armor repainted to look more like this. It should still have the reflectiveness of the chrome but less vibrant.
Screenshot_20230226-131212~2.png

I'm torn between this and the 1.0 DX. I love the chrome but it comes off as a bit too shiny to me? I don't know if that's fully screen accurate - on screen it's slightly dulled. Both have pros and cons - I want the Dark Sabre and Pedro sculpt, but I also want the Grogu pram. Argh!

I'm torn between this and the 1.0 DX. I love the chrome but it comes off as a bit too shiny to me? I don't know if that's fully screen accurate - on screen it's slightly dulled. Both have pros and cons - I want the Dark Sabre and Pedro sculpt, but I also want the Grogu pram. Argh!
I'm in the same boat as well! But my struggle is between the Durasteel Mando and this one. I only have room for one Mando in my collection and I love both versions

I honestly feel now after having him cleaned that I prefer the weathering after all. Mainly because I think HT realized the chrome was to bright and needed dulling.

I'm in the same boat as well! But my struggle is between the Durasteel Mando and this one. I only have room for one Mando in my collection and I love both versions
I’m sitting here waiting to see what Season 3 brings. We may get another Mando upgrade…

Back