Hot Toys - TMS050 - The Bad Batch - Clone Force 99: Hunter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been wondering, have anyone tried their hand at repainting a Hunter figure into the original republic commando all-white colour scheme? Apart from the slightly different helmet, I think the base figure is a good platform to start off custom 1/6 republic commandos.

Hunter's armor is based on Commando armor, but very much customized. You're better off starting with the actual commando armor.

I bought a set from Scaletta. I think he is on IG but not sure how active he’s been since things got crazy over there.

Btw, if this guy stays in stock, along with Echo, I think it’s putting the others in serious jeopardy.

This didn’t age well! 😆
1585036370119.png

Hunter's armor is based on Commando armor, but very much customized. You're better off starting with the actual commando armor.
Thanks for the recommendation, it looks like a pretty solid kit. Might go down this route. Do you or anyone else have experience with One Sixth Clones on Etsy, and if it's pretty accurate for Clone Commandos proportion wise?

Thanks for the recommendation, it looks like a pretty solid kit. Might go down this route. Do you or anyone else have experience with One Sixth Clones on Etsy, and if it's pretty accurate for Clone Commandos proportion wise?

I have done some small business with One Sixth, I have never had a problem with them. In fact when I broke an armor part, I contacted them begging to buy a replacement and was very fairly treated.

Be warned, this armor is very lightweight and thats fine on the figure, but if you take it outside its very vulnerable to subtle wind gusts. You dont even know a part is gone and.... CRUNCH. Its not a fun feeling, lol.

I have done some small business with One Sixth, I have never had a problem with them. In fact when I broke an armor part, I contacted them begging to buy a replacement and was very fairly treated.

Be warned, this armor is very lightweight and thats fine on the figure, but if you take it outside its very vulnerable to subtle wind gusts. You dont even know a part is gone and.... CRUNCH. Its not a fun feeling, lol.
oooo that's rough, I can imagine the immediate horror of breaking parts... had that with an ODST 1/6 kit I was assembling...

How does One Sixth Clones armor fair against the regular Hot Toys clone armor in terms of thickness? Are the armor parts thick enough to handle regular display and frequent posing or is it thin and fragile?

I think most 3D printed armor is not going to come close to the durability of HT armor, but that is just me. It does look really nice on the figure, which is my main concern. Handles careful handling well.

Generally speaking, I got an email hinting that Hunter might be about to go low stock. Since I already own him, I have no idea why they sent this unless its that he's still on my wishlist, as are all figures I am keeping my eye on or already own.

I have seen no such thing about Echo, so it struck me as odd. If you want this guy I'd be thinking about making it happen before he goes all Shiny Clone Trooper on us. [And I jumped on that WL, damn it.]

oooo that's rough, I can imagine the immediate horror of breaking parts... had that with an ODST 1/6 kit I was assembling...

How does One Sixth Clones armor fair against the regular Hot Toys clone armor in terms of thickness? Are the armor parts thick enough to handle regular display and frequent posing or is it thin and fragile?
dunno about theirs but you will find agreat variance depending on seller depending on the resin they use. If you hit up someone like DS they will probably be able to tell you which resin they use for the parts. Some sellers use a mix of standard resin with M58 F69 or similar which gives parts a bit of flex so they don't easily snap for example, other sellers might use straight basic resin so parts will potentially be fragile.

EDIT: meant F69 not M58. just woke up when typed so typed wrong one.

Last edited:
dunno about theirs but you will find agreat variance depending on seller depending on the resin they use. If you hit up someone like DS they will probably be able to tell you which resin they use for the parts. Some sellers use a mix of standard resin with M58 F69 or similar which gives parts a bit of flex so they don't easily snap for example, other sellers might use straight basic resin so parts will potentially be fragile.

EDIT: meant F69 not M58. just woke up when typed so typed wrong one.
Thanks for that detailed information, jaztermareal! I never knew about the specifics of resin, just that the customs I've commissioned over the years tend to be rather thin and fragile and I was always afraid that a small drop would result in cracks or it shattering...

Mine arrived today. Serious giraffe neck at first but with some elbow greese and a bit of futzing I managed to properly pop the head all the way on the nexk post. I used the 2 foam pieces in the packaging by stuffing them under the shoulder pads where they meet the chest plate, made them sit more nicely helping reduce any giraffe neck look.
20230309_174328.jpg

the helmet seems to be stylised version of the Triton Squad trooper helmet from the Force Unleashed (free 3D printable helmet file exists, 1:12 one here that could be scaled to 1:6 prior to printing Printables)

Back