Hot Toys - TMS050 - The Bad Batch - Clone Force 99: Hunter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought Stallone was Hunter.
Nah, Hot Shots Charlie Sheen :)
MV5BY2VkZGJiYWEtZDEyMy00MjJmLTljMGEtNjIwOGRkZGUzYTZmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjMxMDgyNzU@._V1_.jpg

Just got the notice that this is on the way to me.
I've always ordered from UK retailers because I've wanted to support UK business not foreign businesses but I'm done. I'm sick of waiting months and months longer than everyone else for figures.
I'm going to throw in the towel and get my stuff from Hong Kong from now on.
At this point, with this figure, when it arrives I'm not even going to open it, it's going straight onto ebay.

I need your opinion.

Hunter is sold at 490 USD in my country.

If I use 100 USD reward points on Hunter, I can buy it from SSC and it will cost me 245 USD in total(customs + shipping).

Now, I found a second hand Hunter here. No shipper box. Original box, figure and all accessories are complete. No damage (I have the chance to return). But no plastic wrappings those around the figure, headsculpt, etc. It's less than 245 USD. If I buy it, I can use the reward points for another figure.

Would you buy it without plastic wrappings or order a new one from SSC and lose reward points?

I know you'll say what I am waiting for, but still, it'll be my first second hand figure. So, this question is unavoidable :)

Last edited:
I need your opinion.

Hunter is sold at 490 USD in my country.

If I use 100 USD reward points on Hunter, I can buy it from SSC and it will cost me 245 USD in total(customs + shipping).

Now, I found a second hand Hunter here. No shipper box. Original box, figure and all accessories are complete. No damage (I have the chance to return). But no plastic wrappings those around the figure, headsculpt, etc. It's less than 245 USD. If I buy it, I can use the reward points for another figure.

Would you buy it without plastic wrappings or order a new one from SSC and lose reward points?

I know you'll say what I am waiting for, but still, it'll be my first second hand figure. So, this question is unavoidable :)

I'm not a huge fan of second hand figures, several figures I've tracked dow (Dooku, TPM Maul) over the last few years have been brand new in the box and plastic wrappings.

So my vote is order the new one. :)

I'm not a huge fan of second hand figures, several figures I've tracked dow (Dooku, TPM Maul) over the last few years have been brand new in the box and plastic wrappings.

So my vote is order the new one. :)
I also prefer unused figures. I will have paid similar amount to a new one, but in reality this is 100 USD cheaper than I can get a new one, because I'll lose 100 USD reward points if I order a new one. If I buy the second hand one, I can use this rewards for another figure before buying figures for 480 USD locally. Recently changed custom regulations practically prevent buying goods over 150 USD, so this rewards will probably my final chance to get a figure from SSC.

In short, my next three buys will be one of these,
a-this second hand figure for 250 USD, next a new figure from SSC for 250 USD, and then new figures for 480 USD locally
b-new Hunter from SSC for 250 USD, then two new figures for 480 USD locally.

I don't think plastic wrappings worth 100 USD. And if something's wrong, I have an option of returning.

Last edited:
I say get used one. I have bought many used figures with zero issues. Saved enough monies to buy several new ones. Makes pure logical sense
You also think that I should not use 100 USD reward points just to get plastic wrappings?

I also prefer unused figures. I will have paid similar amount to a new one, but in reality this is 100 USD cheaper than I can get a new one, because I'll lose 100 USD reward points if I order a new one. If I buy the second hand one, I can use this rewards for another figure before buying figures for 480 USD locally. Recently changed custom regulations practically prevent buying goods over 150 USD, so this rewards will probably my final chance to get a figure from SSC.

a-this second hand figure for 250 USD, next a new figure from SSC for 250 USD, and then new figures for 480 USD locally

I don't think plastic wrappings worth 100 USD. And if something's wrong, I have an option of returning.

Honestly it comes down what is better for you, especially with the custom regulations change on your end. Also saving some money, which is always a plus.

Just personally for me, I'll always go new, but totally understand people going used though, nothing wrong with that at all.

where is it that Hunter is $490 USD?? That’s mental.

I’d get the second hand one and use the reward points on something else. I’ve bought plenty of second hand figures and they’ve all been fine. Especially a new one like Hunter should be good.

Paying almost 500 USD for Hunter, I’d never do that.

All brand new figures are 500 USD here (in stores). I used to order from SSC before. Despite customs and shipping it was ending up 1/3 to 1/2 cheaper than buying from local retail store. But those days ended now thanks to 150 USD cap.

After all, I won't buy Hunter for 500, it's a no-no. It's either second hand or new from SSC. Same cash (additional use 100 USD rewards for SSC).

Last edited:

It’s not just plastic wrappings though, it’s new versus used. You said you’ve never bought a used figure before and prefer new. Maybe you won’t be happy with the experience and what you end up getting. It’s an unknown.

There’s nothing wrong with buying used figures from trustworthy sources. I don’t myself, but that’s a personal preference.

Instead of looking at the costs individually, it seems like you’re basically looking at spending either about $1000 for 2 new figures and 1 used figure or $1200 for 3 brand new figures. I don’t think the price difference is huge when you add it up.

I would personally rather see you go with 3 new figures for a little more and be 100% sure you’ll be happy with the purchase going in than have any potentially lingering regrets.

Looking at 1000 vs 1200 makes 3 new figures reasonable. But as I've said, I have the option to return, so even I may be dissatisfied what I receive, it is not a real issue.

Looking at 1000 vs 1200 makes 3 new figures reasonable. But as I've said, I have the option to return, so even I may be dissatisfied what I receive, it is not a real issue.

In the short term, no. But it also kind of seems like this might be the only used figure you might buy as you’re solely pricing out new figures local to you as next purchases.

You have concerns like the lack of plastic wraps; enough to ask others about it. Concerns that many never fully diminish over time.

You said yourself you prefer new. What if one day it all grows into regret that you didn’t just buy a new figure? Might not happen, but the price difference doesn’t seem enough to leave you with any kernels of regret.

If you think you’ll have absolutely no regrets short or long term buying used, then you could save yourself some money. Buy the figure and see how it goes if it really is that easy to return (though I’d worry about how many people have bought, handled, and returned it at that point).

Last edited:
Good point. In fact, I'm not decided on plastics. That's why I asked your opinions if they are anything to concern. I'll be happy with the figure if it has no damage. The only thing I wonder is if I should be concerned about those plastic wrappings? :D
What do you do those wrappings for instance? Keep them? Throw them?

Would you buy a second hand figure (displayed in glass cabinet) with full accessories but without plastic wrappings at half the price you would buy at a local retailer?

Regarding how many times it was returned, it's on sale by its owner and there's not a huge demand (so turnover) for sixth scale figures here.

Last edited:
Back