Hot Toys - TMS050 - The Bad Batch - Clone Force 99: Hunter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Helmet off he does have giraffe neck syndrome (GNS?). You can get it to look ok with a bit of playing around. It's the hair. If ever a figure would have benefited from rooted hair it's Hunter.

If ever a figure would have benefited from rooted hair it's Hunter.

Not at this price point unfortunately. He'd look like a Disney Store doll. And I don't know how many people would want to pay $500 for a Hunter figure with actually decent rooted hair. :lol

I think he looks alright though. Just requires proper futzing of the armor and posing. Which is tricky admittedly because you want to avoid damaging the sculpt and the way the chest armor sits and the shoulder bells are attached. But @endor1 did a great job with that.

Personally, I think most HT figs look very good out of the box. As you set the figure up and start discovering the possibilities and limitations of the articulation, simple adjustments (futzing) goes a long way to making it look even better. These things are the nature of collecting, we can all develop these sensibilities. I hope I can get better at it too!

Of course, it can be fun to take it even further and customize the figure to meet your own standards and expectations. I respect that, and fully support that aspect of collecting 1/6.

Thank you @MyenShi!
In the case of Hunter, with the portrait installed, I spent some time adjusting the neck seal collar, and upper body armors. In fact, I tend to do a once over of all the gear to straighten anything that may have been moved after posing. But, the velcro and elastic straps on the shoulder armor and profile of the chest armor posed a unique challenge to get it all working together.

Also, the sculpt was very tight when trying to get it on the neck peg, but I think I got it on and as low as possible. Readjusting the neck seal to show minimal skin worked well. A slight forward lean on the neck post, chin slightly down.

Overall, I think HT struck a good balance of the height of the neck post/peg with consideration of the helmet and head sculpt use imho.

Last edited:
I’m not a rooted hair guy myself. But that hair means you have to pose him with his head looking down if the giraffe neck is bothersome to you. Very limiting.

I’m definitely ready for the rest of the Batch.

29A27756-418A-49D9-9663-58C6C5EA3620.jpeg

Hunter has arrived up north and immediately got busy tracking.

20230224_170436~2.jpg

First impressions....outstanding! Just a quick shot outside the office, but wow! Like Echo, the details are great, the presentation excellent. Love the clicking joints (hold that pose!). Heck, I'm so bowled over with this look I haven't even pulled the portrait out yet for a look. Ah well, back to work!

Now c'mon Howard...please don't stiff us on the rest of the squad...

Hunter has arrived up north
☕🥶Very cool shots @jedibear, literally! These are reminiscent of the Aftermath episode. "Hunter's handing it!" Awesome!

Now, we need Crosshair! I hope they release him early, and then announce the other one's for preorder, before Season 2 ends. I wonder who'll be the next one that goes up? Tech? Wrecker? Both?🤔

Hunter, Echo, Crosshair in S1 outfit
Tech in S2 outfit
Wrecker in S3 outfit
Omega in S5 outfit
Squad completed in Hot Toys way.
Yeah that would be the hot toys way for sure, but we did at least see Wrecker proto. Minus the headsculpt. I can't even remember if they had a tech proto. So bizarre they havent announced those two. You would think now would've been the time. Guess they're still working out how to do their headsculpts

Edit** oh yeah duh, I remember the tech proto now.

Back