Hot Toys - TMS032 - The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale Dark Trooper Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale Dark Trooper Collectible Figure

Lol this crossed my mind too. Sideshow is going to have to install a temporary policy for this figure only that requires a full return to get any replacement parts, yikes!

I'm beginning to think I'm the only one here with a conscience! :lol

4ujj1h.jpg

I'm definitely down for at least 2, but I am concerned about the joints. Essentially the same as K2, which if moved too much becomes loose. Fingers crossed they are ratcheted to prevent that from happening.

With that Mando with spear reveal. Maybe they are doing the Swoop Bike version as a differentiator to get people to buy.....

Up on Sideshow for $260. A little less than I expected. Still not sure I need one of these, think I will wait till closer to release.

Up on Sideshow for $260. A little less than I expected. Still not sure I need one of these, think I will wait till closer to release.

Not as bad as I thought. I figured Sideshow would tack on an extra $15 for a Mando hype tax lol.
Might end up with 2 of these after all, already PO?d one, will wait for the second to see what else we get from this line

260, not bad. Priced for multiples. I may have to go for 2.

So, who's gonna make a black Luke Robe?

I don?t agree, people are talking about getting multiples of the Dark Trooper to go along with Gideon or face against Luke. Troopers are going to sell more than the armorer because there will always be those wanting to army build. You can?t army build the Armorer unless you want to heavily customize the extras for other Mandos.

Army building, that's what HT are thinking. They already have sales data of Heavy Mando so they can probably predict how many Armorer they will sell.

I'm thinking TW. Usually a slight discount (usually $5) plus if you get 2, Free shipping. If you're going for multiples, may be a decent deal.

If AE has free ship its a no brainer.

I've gotten caught too many times trying to reach that free $350 bar at TimeWalker only to end up paying shipping (still cheaper than Sideshow). Like I will for Mando + Child whenever they get it. Too many delays with HT to plan accordingly.

Honestly this looks like a figure the Disney Store can make and you will only be paying less than a 1/4 of the amount. They feel like background accessories to hype the figure standing in front of them.

That's not a bad thought. I get these are probably one time use molded figures, but also zero soft goods and zero head painting, that's got to save them some money. $260 is pretty high for a bare bones trooper. If he came with battle damaged parts, I'd definitely be in.

It sucks this guy only has one trigger hand. would be nice to have the option to dual wield (even tho we don't see that)

I didn't notice that, I think it looks weird the one handed wielding of the gun too. I was figuring one set of hands would have articulated fingers like Iron Mans.

Will be getting one of these definitely. All plastic though?

Also really annoying that Toys Buying Agent isn't doing 20% deposit anymore.

Haven't POed at TBA since they started that. Don't want to pay half now for something that'll take 2 years to come out.

This is a time where I really wish Hot Toys would sell a two-pack.

When's the last two-pack trooper they did, Rogue One? And they weren't even the same. Were the Snowtroopers was last two pack of two of same figures?

Army building, that's what HT are thinking. They already have sales data of Heavy Mando so they can probably predict how many Armorer they will sell.

I don't think the Heavy should be an indicator for the Armorer. No interest in the Heavy but would definitely buy an Armorer.

I'm thinking TW. Usually a slight discount (usually $5) plus if you get 2, Free shipping. If you're going for multiples, may be a decent deal.

Yeah if I PO this, it'll be there.

Saw this in the FB comments. If only HT would use this and just cross off figures from it as they make them.

View attachment 504180

Missed Axe Woves

And Mayfield, Mythrol, Lang and Morgan Elsbeth. It's telling how few of the figures that HT has made so far can actually be considered significant characters in the show. Mando, Grogu, Moff Gideon and (I suppose) IG-11. That's it. Everyone else is nameless & faceless.

So I was looking at this poster and was thinking everyone is going crazy about the Mando Jedi Luke re-release. But there are some serious headsculpt obstacles here.

1). HT decide to do the headsculpt according to the CGI older Luke.
2). HT go with their own interpretation of older Luke
3). HT just use the previous Luke headsculpt.

In all cases they could get some serious backlash. 1). won't look like Luke. 2). doesn't look like Luke 3). Looks like young Luke = Lazy HT !!

So a real minefield IMO.

140552594_3984483948252392_5727114040637192584_o.jpg

Back