1/6 Hot Toys - TMS015 - The Mandalorian: Din Djarin + The Child set ( DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly don?t think we would get a darksaber with s2 mando release, they need a reason for fans to grab Gideon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh... yeah. It's just epicanthal folds dude. I'm white as white can be and I have them too. Monolids not an Asian-only feature.

:rotfl
I don't know how you can defend that hawkeye sculpt especially. Call it what you want, it's a typical bait and switch gimmick that's becoming more prevalent. Too many collectors are happy to ignore it to get they're name out there in the hopes that HT will heavily discount figures just for them in return for favorable reviews of subpar figures.

:rotfl
I don't know how you can defend that hawkeye sculpt especially. Call it what you want, it's a typical bait and switch gimmick that's becoming more prevalent. Too many collectors are happy to ignore it to get they're name out there in the hopes that HT will heavily discount figures just for them in return for favorable reviews of subpar figures.

I never said it was a good likeness to Jeremy Renner, just that it doesn't look Asian. There's a difference. And you're barking up the wrong tree if you think I'm getting special discounts for calling things like I see it. :cuckoo:

I never said it was a good likeness to Jeremy Renner, just that it doesn't look Asian. There's a difference. And you're barking up the wrong tree if you think I'm getting special discounts for calling things like I see it. :cuckoo:

Just making it known HT thinks of us as zombies happy to eat ***. I spend hard earned money on these figures like you and everyone else on this forum and these things are just getting more expensive. I'm just saying if we're buying figures and supporting HT, in a pandemic no less, we should should be getting what we're paying for. If someone has a following on YouTube or something like that they have a responsibility to give us an unbiased review. Not bending over for HT and happily praising inferior products. Hold them to the standard we were promised when figures were announced so we get our money's worth.

Im in the camp that to justify a Season 2 it has to come with the face sculpt. Besides that and the Beskar staff, dark saber and knee pad what else are you expecting different than the S1 Beskar deluxe?

As for the head sculpt, the benefit is that there are very few scenes and thus few options for an expression:

d6792a33dbf5580eb20537e6909fc167.jpg

f6660e57bb871a0474f6914a6e169125.jpg

0f957aab8e1b44b5e743a28f1dbedcfd.jpg

I think having a sculpt for the tank trooper really made sense but either they haven?t developed it or realize it?s a better sell for that S2 Mando to have the sculpt.

I think with Mando I always wonder what would have been produced in the days of the DX figures. I really think we could have got a nice package where we got parts for an OG and for a full Beskar, a head sculpt. All that in one package.

Im in the camp that to justify a Season 2 it has to come with the face sculpt. Besides that and the Beskar staff, dark saber and knee pad what else are you expecting different than the S1 Beskar deluxe?
Last thing would be the satchel he carries Grogu in on his side in several episodes, and maybe the Frog lady's egg cylinder if they want to pad the release out even further. All things I can live without. Season one non-deluxe for me.

As for the head sculpt, the benefit is that there are very few scenes and thus few options for an expression:

I think having a sculpt for the tank trooper really made sense but either they haven?t developed it or realize it?s a better sell for that S2 Mando to have the sculpt.

I think with Mando I always wonder what would have been produced in the days of the DX figures. I really think we could have got a nice package where we got parts for an OG and for a full Beskar, a head sculpt. All that in one package.

It will be the standard blank expressionless look most Headscuplts have.

Just making it known HT thinks of us as zombies happy to eat ***. I spend hard earned money on these figures like you and everyone else on this forum and these things are just getting more expensive. I'm just saying if we're buying figures and supporting HT, in a pandemic no less, we should should be getting what we're paying for. If someone has a following on YouTube or something like that they have a responsibility to give us an unbiased review. Not bending over for HT and happily praising inferior products. Hold them to the standard we were promised when figures were announced so we get our money's worth.

My only point is that until you've seen a figure in person it is very difficult to ascertain the quality of the head sculpt. I'm looking up at Hawkeye right now and it's pretty clear that it's Jeremy Renner. If it was a figure in street clothes, it would still clearly be Renner...in street clothes. Is it 100% dead on? No. But it's a 1/6 scale representation of the character with a solid sculpt and great paint apps. I don't benefit from saying that like some Youtubers and I definitely agree that using many of their reviews as rationale to buy a figure is risky. I think HT hits most things out of the park, honestly. I also think that our hobby is ridiculous and paying $250 for a basic figure should have us seriously questioning our priorities...but here we are :)

I honestly don?t think we would get a darksaber with s2 mando release, they need a reason for fans to grab Gideon.

As much as I love the show I don't think I'm getting moff just to grab the darksaber lol. But it should be included with the 1/4 scale version for sure, same with the spear and headsculpt.

Regarding the headsculpt, I can't find a screenshot, but in the last shot when they're looking as Luke is taking Grogu away you see a full body shot of Mando without the helmet.

To me his head looked tiny in the outfit, like almost ridiculously small. Anyone else see that or think that? Just make me think how they might tackle the head.

Yes i thought the same.
Well I think there?s quite a bit of padding and the shoulder and chest pieces are quite large.
Almost looked like he was wearing Football or hockey pads.

I think that's just because Pedro Pascal's shoulders are pretty broad. He's definitely wider than the other two guys who do the fighting and gunslinging scenes.

Yes i thought the same.
Well I think there?s quite a bit of padding and the shoulder and chest pieces are quite large.
Almost looked like he was wearing Football or hockey pads.

Yeah. From an in-universe standpoint it makes sense, considering the kind of life-or-death fights Din gets into.

And from a real-world standpoint it also makes sense, because of safety padding for stunts and whatnot. And also to keep a consistent look between the 3 people who play Mando.

Great, thanks for that. I was thinking of taking my kids but when I asked at Imax they said they were planning to get them as well for the Rewind series so I am going to wait and see them there instead. Were there many people? They are also showing first three Indy films next month. My kids adore those and have never seen any of them in the cinema, they are pretty excited about it.

Ooh, might check out IMAX then.
There were quite a few people at the Astor. They actually opened the dress circle below which is where we were. They had restrictions on how close the booked seats could be to allow for some social distancing.
There were also cos players as Boba Fett, troopers and Imperial officers.
They played a whole bunch of 80s Kenner commercials and Star Wars trailers as well[emoji2]
A fun afternoon.
Anyway, didn?t mean to derail the thread too much.
Back to Mando talk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That explains why he looked so bulky this season-- those huge shoulder pauldrons added onto his already broad shoulders. I have a feeling they were designed much more for the stunt performers than Pascal.

I mean are his shoulders really that broad?
Sounds like has Dwight Howard shoulders from the sounds of it.

Regardless, I really love the Bulkiness. It looks more like a knights armour with the silver/chrome and of course the T visor as well as added size. And Pedro is just phenomenal. If you haven?t ever watched it, go binge Narcos. He?s amazing in that as well.

Back