1/6 Hot Toys - TMS015 - The Mandalorian: Din Djarin + The Child set ( DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless they ruin the show I am doomed to buy them all. V2 is necessary for it's accessories no matter anyway. How many fans/collectors are willing to wait until 2023 for V3 to own a Mando figure?

Thankfully I have never been interested in a movie licenses with ongoing characters (ie. Marvel). I imagine Mando will fall under this category with different incarnations if the series is successful. It can be tough for collectors. I imagine those who have the first Thor have double dipped somewhere down the line. The closest I have come is with Jack Sparrow. Owning the DX06 with the dilemma of Double Dipping for DX15. I admit I thought about purchasing DX15 to update my Jack. But alas I found a solution. Still cost me over $100 bucks though Mutha ******!!!!!

Well, I'm not sure about the drama because AFAIK, HT has not announced that they're producing the version shown on the EW cover. And even if they did, I'm not cancelling my POs over it. I have two Mando POs now and that is enough.

In fact its gonna take the earth moon and stars for me to add another Mando at this point. I'm thinking something like this, at the end of the series when Djaren becomes Mand'alore... something all regal and stuff:

That's what a Mand'alore should look like, yanno. *eyebrow raised...*

... Who am I kidding, if he endures another SUBSTANTIAL armor-change I'm gonna be right there. *sigh*

NICE. Not for several seasons tho. Unless the end is Din D'jarin walking off into the sunset, mission accomplished, in some tattered scorched armor or maybe no armor at all.

Meanwhile my burning question is "how does Mando end up with new thigh armor?" From what I've read working with beskar is a specialty and u need a Mandalorian to do it.

Thankfully I have never been interested in a movie licenses with ongoing characters (ie. Marvel.) I imagine those who have the first Thor have double dipped somewhere down the line.

There were several Thors, and they all seemed to be offered right in a row. There were so many Thors that I, who wanted one to go with my Loki, could not decide between them and I ended up with.... no Thor at all.

This is a danger HT needs to avoid with Mando. They can make with the two they have up now, until at least one of those actually ships.

There were several Thors, and they all seemed to be offered right in a row. There were so many Thors that I, who wanted one to go with my Loki, could not decide between them and I ended up with.... no Thor at all.

This is a danger HT needs to avoid with Mando. They can make with the two they have up now, until at least one of those actually ships.

Yep, Marvel have so many variants of the same character that its pretty much impossible for me to choose one. So I choose none.

Can someone enlighten me about the V3 Mando please ?
I mean is it just because of the baby yoda bag ?

Can someone enlighten me about the V3 Mando please ?
I mean is it just because of the baby yoda bag ?

There isn't a version 3 as of this date. We just had someone above speculating that there *would* be, and people were going to be cancelling version 2 over it.

I am sure we will get a few more versions of Mando, but right now we just got the two.

If they want to put other Mandalorians up for PO, how about starting with JANGO thank you, I will see myself out. *bows*

Cancelling this only to pre-order a v3 (if one ever exists) is silly. What happens if there's a v4 teased for Season 3? You gonna cancel the v3 and wait for the pre-order of v4? That could go on for quite a while and you'll end up not having any.

Cancelling this only to pre-order a v3 (if one ever exists) is silly. What happens if there's a v4 teased for Season 3? You gonna cancel the v3 and wait for the pre-order of v4? That could go on for quite a while and you'll end up not having any.

Never underestimate the imaturiry and short sightedness of some collectors. Some people will do just that. You have seen the ones crying about NRD.

I?ve been trying to wean myself off of that mindset :lol
This hobby just isn?t as fun if you?re always trying to wait for the ?best? version of a specific character.

There isn't a version 3 as of this date. We just had someone above speculating that there *would* be, and people were going to be cancelling version 2 over it.

I am sure we will get a few more versions of Mando, but right now we just got the two.

If they want to put other Mandalorians up for PO, how about starting with JANGO thank you, I will see myself out. *bows*

Ok thank you for your explanation.

Indeed they should have to start with Jango ! We have been waiting for him for 2 years

I?ve been trying to wean myself off of that mindset :lol
This hobby just isn?t as fun if you?re always trying to wait for the ?best? version of a specific character.

For sure. I've basically rented a few Hot Toys in the past just so I had a character on the shelf. I did it with the Mark VII non-diecast knowing that I'd likely have to sell at retail or below once the diecast came out. You know what? I enjoyed the year or so that the non-diecast sat as a placeholder. Did the same with Starlord and now as soon as I get the Infinity War version, I'll sell off the GoG version either to break even or at a slight loss. Again, I've rented Starlord for over a year and have enjoyed having him on the shelf. As far as Mando goes, I don't see myself selling the V2 because of all the extras it comes with. I may still purchase a V3, but it'll depend on the differences. One piece of thigh armor probably isn't tipping the scales.

You're all going to look stupid cancelling your version 2 when in the first episode he re-paints his Beskar green yellow and red and reveals himself as the real Boba Fett.

I'd rather have this one, and check in on the character once a bigger visual update has gone by instead of just a shiny kneepad and a messenger bag. I just want them to release it already.

Yeah unless he makes some really radical changes to the armor, I'll probably be content with the first two figures. If it's just a matter of swapping out one silver piece for another, then I don't really see the point. Especially when there are likely to be so many other figures to pick up from the show.

Yeah unless he makes some really radical changes to the armor, I'll probably be content with the first two figures. If it's just a matter of swapping out one silver piece for another, then I don't really see the point. Especially when there are likely to be so many other figures to pick up from the show.

Except, yah know, if they release Mando v3 with new thigh plate, baby-in-bag, AND a speeder $$$$$:monkey3

Plus the mythical Mando v3 may have picked up some new weapons along the way. And potentially a head sculpt.

So my fate is sealed $$$$$$. Probably.

Back