1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 029 - The Mandalorian: Moff Gideon Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another shot...

MOFF GIDEON - 003.jpg

Really like that last "in the light of day" shot, jedibear.

By the way, I received the ankle extenders set from OneSixthKit, last week. I'll be adding some lift to Mr. G. when ready to put on display.

What an odd sculpt. Definitely echoing the praise here, but I've gotta say photos just don't do it justice. It's a really strong likeness in hand.

Ankle extenders aren't a necessity, but I think the medium ones would probably do a lot for the fig.

Blaster holster strap is dumb. Needed one of the old futzing tools to realign it.

Collar touches the sculpt easily. It was tough making a neck guard that contoured for more eccentric angles.

I agree with @Wor-Gar, absolutely stellar cape. The magnets in the shoulder pads are a treat.

Great fig all around. Shame to not have Krennic and Tarkin to go along with him. Popcultcha let me down on the former, and I just pushed off the latter thinking I wouldn't want him.

The argument over should you opt to heighten or not heighten based on the actors height vs.character height is irrelevant. You simply must heighten it, because with the exact same extender everyone is purchasing he still only reaches the height of Luke Skywalker and Mark Hamil is only five foot 7

Kind of debating ordering this guy with the 10% Labor Day discount Sideshow has going. He’d go well with other Imperial officers and I’m fairly certain I’m going to get the Grand Inquisitor and Reva.

I just got the Moff today, and I agree with a lot of what’s been said in the thread, I think the sculpt is a lot better in hand than it comes across in pictures.
But has anyone noticed or talked about the portrait on the box and insert being different and arguably better? I don’t think it’s a case of the prototype sculpt being better than the production one, because you can tell it’s different, especially by looking at the hair.

Jesus, this guy released almost 6 whole months ago and KGHobby still haven’t got their stock in.
No wonder my enthusiasm has completely dissipated.

KGHobby getting their stuff that late kills part of the enjoyment. You really gotta love the stuff you PO.

They got their hands on Snowspeeder Luke a couple weeks ago. Gideon should be next.

For my part, i'm patiently waiting for The Dark Trooper and Grogu Set. invoice by the end of the year hopefully. Boba on Throne, Echo, Blurrg and Swoop should hit next spring if i'm lucky. Good news is, Euro being weak lately, i don't mind the delay that much.

Much like every other retailer, KG are getting their Hot Toys stuff in waves lately. That situation is particularly frustrating as their is absolutely no communication on ETA for any given figure/wave. Waves coming months apart make matter even worth.

Aren’t the waves a HT thing and not the retailer? The covid restrictions probably mean they can’t produce the volume at the speed they used to.

Back