1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 023 - The Clone Wars: 501st Battalion Clone Trooper (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly I don't think it's as bad as some think it is but I do agree that a 10% size reduction would be an improvement. The all white version HT showed is the same as the 501st right?

Yes it is.

It’s not ideal but I don’t think it’s that bad either. I looked it over a lot and compared it to the replicas I have made form the original assets and I think it’s about 10-15% too big. It also definitely sits way too high.

But it’s not the end of the world and with some posing it looks alright. The issue is kind of exacerbated on the 501st because of the dark blue shoulder bells which make the figure’s upper body look a little slimmer and Phase 1 helmet appear a bit larger.

I don’t think it looks as oversized on the plain white Clones by comparison.

E44C51CD-0468-4A47-A12A-050A035B2E62.jpeg
70E22E91-A665-4C26-8345-6FCDC98DE0B3.jpeg

Last edited:
Honestly I don't think it's as bad as some think it is but I do agree that a 10% size reduction would be an improvement. The all white version HT showed is the same as the 501st right?
That's why I'll wait to see final production of the shinies before investing my money

Yeah..I didn't hate it as much as some people, but with the 501st I was going Phase 2 anyway.

With the shinies, it is a different story, if they nail them, I'll like to get a bunch for Phase 1 and Phase 2 to throw with the 501st, General Skywalker (who is lonely right now) and 212th when we get to them.

So someone may get a waitlist conversion for a standard 501st. I decided to cancel my second one. Just other priorities and figures I want to get more at this time.

I'm expanding my 501st set up, looking for additional four clones. Any recommendations would be deeply appreciated!

I'm expanding my 501st set up, looking for additional four clones. Any recommendations would be deeply appreciated!

Aside from posting in the wanteds here and other buy/sell groups, you might just have to bite the bullet and keep an eye on some eBay listings.

Some of the Hong Kong shops have them but prices aren’t great. At least if you aren’t local.

I’d probably do it sooner than later before Jesse comes out. That might renew some interest in people trying to get another/a few more if he turns out as well as the proto.

What made you want a few more so late in the game? You have 8, right? Just aiming for an even dozen?

Aside from posting in the wanteds here and other buy/sell groups, you might just have to bite the bullet and keep an eye on some eBay listings.

Some of the Hong Kong shops have them but prices aren’t great. At least if you aren’t local.

I’d probably do it sooner than later before Jesse comes out. That might renew some interest in people trying to get another/a few more if he turns out as well as the proto.

What made you want a few more so late in the game? You have 8, right? Just aiming for an even dozen?
With the recent release of AT-RT, I'm planning to spread more 501st grunts on the vehicles (BARS, AT-RT...). But the inflated price of 501st proving a financially daunting task right now, I'm hunting the spare bodies instead (have 4 spare helmets sitting in my inventory).

With the recent release of AT-RT, I'm planning to spread more 501st grunts on the vehicles (BARS, AT-RT...). But the inflated price of 501st proving a financially daunting task right now, I'm hunting the spare bodies instead (have 4 spare helmets sitting in my inventory).

If you have the helmets, you‘ll have another shot at more parts once the AT-RT comes out. Though I imagine the part-outs of the ARF Troopers will sell fast. Parts have pretty much dried up now.

There’s a Deluxe on eBay right for about retail. I’ll let you know if I see anything else around.

Lets see those Hot Toys 501st poses/collections!
Just got my 4th trooper in and my new shelves, looking for inspiration to make a new display.
Pic is my current display, also have Anakin and Obi-Wan that I could include and a Jesse on the way.

Attachments

• 20230414_175540.jpg
    11.9 MB · Views: 0
I have a plan (which I won’t pursue).

I don’t like the ARF trooper, helmet looks like a dog. So, what I propose is to leave its helmet in the box and throw on an Ahsoka helmet. 332nd right? Boom! Good reuse of something non-used. If you own a deluxe 501st, that is.

Back