1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 021 - The Clone Wars: Ahsoka Tano Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 40 dollar Disney Store one:

Head repaint or swap and a bit of weathering here and there and boom! You could save monies.
20221113_002144.jpg
20221113_001909.jpg
20221113_001528.jpg
20221113_002432.jpg

*STEALS ARC ECHO RIGHT OFF!!!! YO' SHELVES*

I might just buy this little Ahsoka because of reasons.
funny thing is, I bought ARC Echo along with the Echo and Fives 2 pack a few years ago when they were discounted at a store at Universal Studios.... I didn't know who exactly they were as I had not watched the show and I was worried I wouldn't have enough luggage space so skipped the ARC Fives and a couple other clones. Boy do I regret skipping them! They were discounted to bargain level (80 bucks IIRC). Had I known then what I know now I would have bought them all and just left all my clothes in the States. Le sigh.

..... I wonder what mini-ahsoka would look like with a new face-up, getting rid of that deer in the headlights look would probably do her a lot of good. What if she got some HT lightsabers..... She seems to pose pretty well......

ahsoka2.jpg

Ok, I have to admit: in person, she is cuter than a bug in a rug. The packaging is so pretty, I hate to take her out. Really a nice presentation.

She is definitely going to lose that deer-in-the-headlights affect. I'll probably end up making her eyes too glamorous, but that will beat looking like she's just received a 10,000-volt shock.

I went ahead and bought one, since after black friday they will probably all be gone. No regrets. At least she has jointed elbows that I dont have to worry about cracking. She is little, but will still look good with Rex.

Nice looking figure for $40..but I personally wouldn't mix it with the Hot Toys collection.
Same. Sorta reminds me of of when BvS was coming out and folks were customizing the Barbie figures in place of the HT. I mean no offense by any means, though. Collectors can and should display what they want, how they want. It's just not something I would do.

Nice looking figure for $40..but I personally wouldn't mix it with the Hot Toys collection.

I will post pix tomorrow. Just a teensy bit of work makes her look so much better. She has really nice double jointed arms like i wish all HT had, she stands well by herself and is capable of nice natural stances. I have her on a basic stand cause all my ppl are on stands for safety, but she does not need one. Her little cape is wired on each front edge.

In fact I will show her with Rex and y'all can judge.

Same. Sorta reminds me of of when BvS was coming out and folks were customizing the Barbie figures in place of the HT. I mean no offense by any means, though. Collectors can and should display what they want, how they want. It's just not something I would do.

Yeah, I'm with ya, just looks a bit out of place honestly, those eyes are so wide and have a bit more of a Barbie feel.

Collectors can display their collections how they wish though.

I will post pix tomorrow. Just a teensy bit of work makes her look so much better. She has really nice double jointed arms like i wish all HT had, she stands well by herself and is capable of nice natural stances. I have her on a basic stand cause all my ppl are on stands for safety, but she does not need one. Her little cape is wired on each front edge.

Definitely post some pics! It will be nice to see the updates you made.

Looking forward to your pics! No matter how good a phone camera claims to be, any pics I take still come out grainy like an early 2000s flip phone camera, so I'm definitely not one to judge :lol it's the reason I usually only post photos of the box when a figure arrives. Anything else will just make the figure look awful. As I was telling someone in a superman thread, we like what we like, and should feel free display however we want to.

View attachment 608340

Ok, I have to admit: in person, she is cuter than a bug in a rug. The packaging is so pretty, I hate to take her out. Really a nice presentation.

She is definitely going to lose that deer-in-the-headlights affect. I'll probably end up making her eyes too glamorous, but that will beat looking like she's just received a 10,000-volt shock.

I went ahead and bought one, since after black friday they will probably all be gone. No regrets. At least she has jointed elbows that I dont have to worry about cracking. She is little, but will still look good with Rex.

Nice pics! It does look decent, I like that detailing on her blue suit.

Ok, before we get going here I will post a disclaimer: I am not the greatest customizer the world has ever seen.

But nor am I the worst - trust me. I dont see much of this in this hobby, but I did in the doll hobby. People would be really, really nice to newbies with no artistic experience there, in the name of inclusivity and being nice. Which, I totally get! No one wants to be mean and discouraging. But it was really, really hard to see people repeatedly ruining $100+ dolls - some of which were special editions, and rare ones at that.

Today's mission: lower the upper lash line, to reduce that look of having been hit with a Separatist nerf-prod.

On to Ahsoka! Not yet out of the box left. Has had work done: right.

ahsoka1.jpg
IMG_0564 ahsoka3.jpg

In closing: Is mini-Ahsoka truly worthy to stand up with HT figures? Really, no.

But she is one-fifth the price of HT Ahsoka, and I will never have to worry about her arms ripping. This is a fun little figure, with her sturdy, graceful legs and her arms that hold a pose forever. I'm not invested enough to pay big money for her, but imo this is a cute example of a teenaged Ahsoka. She is welcome in my collection and I may yet buy her some decent lightsabers. Greaves may be weathered.... but prolly not. My first Jedi!

Now I need Anakin, damn it all.

IMG_0567threecrop2.jpg

Back