1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 021 - The Clone Wars: Ahsoka Tano Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll give you 50 better SW characters that aren't stupid and annoying. To give Anakin a padawan was clearly forced and illogical. To say otherwise is just fooling yourself.
Well, I don't like her tho IMO the older Ahsoka is ok-ish. The whole Anakin thing for me was kinda cringe. IMO it's a Filoni princess thing. But I don't care if other folks like her, tho IMO the whole Mandalorian episode is one of my least favorite, except for the aesthetics. But then, that episode wasn't about Mando anyway.

One of few characters with an actual character arc, who feels like she deserves every win she gets because we saw her grow and overcome things. Ahsoka and Maul swiftly became two of my favourite Star Wars characters.

Unlike a certain protagonist from a certain trilogy beginning in 2015.

Ahsoka was intended to be a bit annoying at the start of her arc. That's why it's an arc. People that dismiss her just off that are ignoring the personal growth and journey that we are all on. No one was perfect when they were a teen.

The Clone Wars - despite some weird turns here and there - was amazing overall for character development that added a lot to the PT era. Ahsoka became one of the best realized characters in Star Wars through its run. Both new and old characters like the Clones, Maul, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Padme, Bo-Katan, and many others benefited with added depth, history, and their own journeys.

It's alright to not like it for personal reasons, of course. When some episodes missed the mark, they really missed the mark. But there are folks out there who just dismiss it outright which just feels unfortunate. The Siege of Mandalore arc alone is one of the best Star Wars stories realized on screen.

I'll give you 50 better SW characters that aren't stupid and annoying. To give Anakin a padawan was clearly forced and illogical. To say otherwise is just fooling yourself.
ahsoka-tano-clone-wars-confused.gif

Ahsoka was intended to be a bit annoying at the start of her arc. That's why it's an arc. People that dismiss her just off that are ignoring the personal growth and journey that we are all on. No one was perfect when they were a teen.

The Clone Wars - despite some weird turns here and there - was amazing overall for character development that added a lot to the PT era. Ahsoka became one of the best realized characters in Star Wars through its run. Both new and old characters like the Clones, Maul, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Padme, Bo-Katan, and many others benefited with added depth, history, and their own journeys.

It's alright to not like it for personal reasons, of course. When some episodes missed the mark, they really missed the mark. But there are folks out there who just dismiss it outright which just feels unfortunate. The Siege of Mandalore arc alone is one of the best Star Wars stories realized on screen.

Nicely said.

It is a shame some people won't give the show a chance, their loss.

IMO giving Anakin a padwan at all, and to me what feels Mary-Sueish (annoying but endearing etc.) script-wise was done probably as well as could be done. She's just never gonna appeal to me as a character, unlike Bo-Katan, Cara Dune, etc. Even Sabine Wren.

Didn't help bringing her back in Rebels, or IMO a flat performance in Mando. Tho I think Filoni as a director needs more experience.

But Disney can't help themselves, there's plenty of SW to go around on D+.

IMO giving Anakin a padwan at all, and to me what feels Mary-Sueish (annoying but endearing etc.) script-wise was done probably as well as could be done. She's just never gonna appeal to me as a character, unlike Bo-Katan, Cara Dune, etc. Even Sabine Wren.

Didn't help bringing her back in Rebels, or IMO a flat performance in Mando. Tho I think Filoni as a director needs more experience.

At first, a very long time ago, I also thought it a bit odd that Anakin had an apprentice. But there was so little that we actually saw in the films of even Anakin's own training - not to mention the very small amount of development the Jedi got at all as a whole - that eventually I was okay with it.

If the show could add to these characters and the Jedi Order as a whole, then the era would be stronger for it. As the show improved over time, I was happy with the added world building and Ahsoka soon won me over as she grew as a character.

I did like her appearance in Rebels, and the felt her appearance in The Mandalorian was appropriate and properly done; sparingly as not to detract, But the point is moot since whether you like her appearances there or not would probably just hinge on how you feel about the character.

So while we don't agree, I do understand your opinion and appreciate the civil discourse.

Calm down, bro.
All in good fun with a healthy debate.

I liked the beginning as it was a propaganda piece with some good action. It then got into politics too much and really wore me out. Then they got into more clone action and did a better job with long term story telling. At least that's how I remember it. It was something to watch but I was never blown away by it. The Mando episode with Ahsoka jumping ship to ship was OP AF, but awesome nonetheless. Great for the PT crowd, younger audience that grew up with Obi-Wan, Anakin and lots of clone action.
Nicely said.

It is a shame some people won't give the show a chance, their loss.
I did and most of it was a loss.
At first, a very long time ago, I also thought it a bit odd that Anakin had an apprentice. But there was so little that we actually saw in the films of even Anakin's own training - not to mention the very small amount of development the Jedi got at all as a whole - that eventually I was okay with it.

If the show could add to these characters and the Jedi Order as a whole, then the era would be stronger for it. As the show improved over time, I was happy with the added world building and Ahsoka soon won me over as she grew as a character.

I did like her appearance in Rebels, and the felt her appearance in The Mandalorian was appropriate and properly done; sparingly as not to detract, But the point is moot since whether you like her appearances there or not would probably just hinge on how you feel about the character.

So while we don't agree, I do understand your opinion and appreciate the civil discourse.
I simply put it on Lucas. The PT storytelling wasn't very good. Anakin as a child could have been told in the first 30 minutes, maybe 15 of Ep1. I can't put it all on Filoni as Lucas was the overlord of that CW ship. I think Clone Wars might've been the only property out there on tv or film for awhile. You had no choice if you were a SW fan.

It is a shame a lot of other stories like Young Jedi Knights couldn't be put into animation. Even the Thrawn Saga. Ol' Georgie boy had his sights set on Ep7-9 and thought he could get his money and Disney do his script. Another epic fail. But for Ahsoka to survive a fight with Darth Vader in Rebels is laughable. I really feel like the Jedi storytelling has been a joke. So many impressive feats in books/games/animation to be let down in live action is a reoccurring theme. How Obi-Wan can be tossed around by Dooku but not Anakin in Ep3? How about Ahsoka surviving a Vader encounter? And Maul surviving is just Boba Fett all over again to milk a popular character that Lucas was dumb enough to off.

I don’t think Ahsoka feels like a Mary Sue at all, she constantly got captured, beaten and failed and used Anakin's teachings to overcome the odds. Generally, we saw her fail, learn a lesson, then apply that lesson in the future.

I'll give you 50 better SW characters that aren't stupid and annoying. To give Luke a padawan was clearly forced and illogical. To say otherwise is just fooling yourself.

I fully agree about Rey. Ashoka was annoying but grew into a beloved character who we have scene grow up across 3 different series .

Last edited:
Plus Anakin calling Ahsoka, "Snips", was a very misogynistic, racist term used towards a female togruta. He must think all togruta women have attitudes. This toxic masculinity taught young boys to discriminate towards females and should be immediately taken off of Disney+. Thank goodness that Kathleen Kennedy keeps this kind of behavior off of SW content she produces. We need more heroes like Rey and Rose to keep Star Wars alive while respecting women in the workplace.

Another massive Ahsoka fan here. I never ever imagined I’d adore an animated character so much, and be so emotionally affected by their story arc. The same goes for Rex, Fives, and many of the individual clones actually. You could probably also throw Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Ventress in there. If the show was live-action, instead of animated, I feel possibly many people would hold it up as the greatest of all Star Wars content. Dave Filoni knows how to tell a a captivating story, make you care about characters, and play with your emotions. I honestly can’t wait to see what he can do when given crate blanche on his own live-action show.

Sassafras, I like you a lot so please don't take this personally, but calling Ahsoka a Mary-Sue is the single dumbest thing I have ever read on this forum. Terrible opinion.

Also
1637111366040.png

Definitely not a top 5 Star Wars character but I like Ahsoka. Her and Anakin had kind of a Last of Us part 1 vibe going on. I think you have to view the Clone Wars cartoon through a different lens than the live action shows and movies, it's not an apples to apples comparison.

Plus Anakin calling Ahsoka, "Snips", was a very misogynistic, racist term used towards a female togruta. He must think all togruta women have attitudes. This toxic masculinity taught young boys to discriminate towards females and should be immediately taken off of Disney+. Thank goodness that Kathleen Kennedy keeps this kind of behavior off of SW content she produces. We need more heroes like Rey and Rose to keep Star Wars alive while respecting women in the workplace.
cover4.jpg

...... I see what you did there.

Lol.

But seriously, my big problem with this character isnt even really centered on her. Its on the idea of Anakin having a padawan. He was in no way ready for any such thing: not mature enough, not grounded enough, not WISE enough to have anything to pass on. Yet. And so this whole concept seems very forced to me.

Of course the Jedi Council, being the ninnyhammers that they were, that was the first thing they were gonna do. Anakin needed YEARS more training himself. He was not ready, so they gave him a buddy to get into trouble with. Sheer genius.

Almost as stupid as taking a young man in the prime of his youth and putting him into daily contact with a beautiful young woman, and then having the sheer nerve to BLAME HIM for the inevitable disaster that followed. And to think these guys were running a war..... All this, child-slave soldiers.....that Jedi Council had it goin ON

P.S. Ahsoka is Filoni's Mary Sue. Its as plain as the nose on your face. I dont despise the character but its clear as a bell what she is

Last edited:
Here we go again with the lazy Mary Sue references. The original meaning of this label has been completely erased and at this point is given to any female character someone doesn’t like.

Last edited:
Back