1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 010 - The Mandalorian: Heavy Infantry Mandalorian aka Paz Vizla

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's great! Yes indeed, the more I get a look at this figure, the more I see that all of the positive you tube reviewer comments were absolutely on the mark with this one. I haven't enjoyed unboxing and looking at a figure this much in a while. He just looks fantastic.

HEAVY MANDO 002.jpg

The deco is spot on here...not at all overdone. The detailing and material choices are just great.

HEAVY MANDO 005.jpg

He requires a little patience and care because of some of the protruding parts are on the fragile side. Those hands are sure stiff. But once geared up, he looks really cool on display.

HEAVY MANDO 007.jpg

Now that I'm getting a good look at him, I'm really hoping HT revisits the first season and produces an Armorer. As this figure is so well illustrating, some variation on the "Mando" aesthetic can really enhance our collections. In the meantime....what a figure! Hype justified!

HEAVY MANDO 006.jpg

I'll get some shots with OG Mando later this weekend. And as almost all of the YT reviews said..."Don't sleep on this one"

This is just a PHENOMENAL figure. Easily in my top 3 in my collection of over 50+ 1/6 scale Star Wars Figures. He is just so solid and sturdy and hefty. The weathering is FANTASTIC. I know the character was very minor on the show but i love the way he looks. He's tall and imposing. Easily one of the best figures that Hot Toys has every made in my opinion.

The one minus is the fact that his articulation is heavily restrained due to the fat suit and size of the bulky armor, but it was to be expected. Otherwise a masterpiece in my eyes..

Get it while you can boys.

On the articulation, yes it is a little restricted but at least the body suit is not that rubberized type so one can get some imposing action poses with a little work without the worry of straining the material. The only other minor nit is the stand (a recurring theme with HT). I borrowed a regular upright support to replace the gooseneck clamp. He looks good just standing there. I just wish HT would provide both support options.

But yes indeed, agreed that this figure is truly exceptional.

They do indeed! I have them on the shelf together and they fill it all up. Such an awesome pair. Nice pics thanks for sharing.

Just a heads up for you Heavy Mando owners...

I realized a small bit of paint detail is missing from my HT Heavy's right gauntlet. I'm seeing it's missing on other pics of Heavy on here as well, so I'm thinking it's not just my figure.

So, look for the small, parallel silver post that protrudes from the top of the right gauntlet, this should have a small section of red color in the middle. It's visible on the live action Paz during S1-Ep3 starting @ 8:19 mins... the scene when Mando carries the camtono past Paz cleaning his equipment.

Strangely, the red colored post is visible on his left arm gauntlet in that particular scene because the film image was flipped 180 degrees for whatever reason. Also, it's visible on the Hot Toys promo pics on the SSC product page link below...

See promo pic #11 of 23 for a good shot of the red post detail.
https://www.sideshow.com/storage/pr...ndalorian_star-wars_gallery_5de5592ab7ae9.jpg

This isn't a big deal really, and most people probably wouldn't even notice it. However, if you're into a bit of DIY paint touchup, it seems like an easy fix. Anyway, not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I thought I might pass it on. Cheers!

Just a heads up for you Heavy Mando owners...

I realized a small bit of paint detail is missing from my HT Heavy's right gauntlet. I'm seeing it's missing on other pics of Heavy on here as well, so I'm thinking it's not just my figure.

So, look for the small, parallel silver post that protrudes from the top of the right gauntlet, this should have a small section of red color in the middle. It's visible on the live action Paz during S1-Ep3 starting @ 8:19 mins... the scene when Mando carries the camtono past Paz cleaning his equipment.

Strangely, the red colored post is visible on his left arm gauntlet in that particular scene because the film image was flipped 180 degrees for whatever reason. Also, it's visible on the Hot Toys promo pics on the SSC product page link below...

See promo pic #11 of 23 for a good shot of the red post detail.
https://www.sideshow.com/storage/pr...ndalorian_star-wars_gallery_5de5592ab7ae9.jpg

This isn't a big deal really, and most people probably wouldn't even notice it. However, if you're into a bit of DIY paint touchup, it seems like an easy fix. Anyway, not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I thought I might pass it on. Cheers!

Mine is missing the red.

I'll have the robust guy coming in next month, so excited to display him with my beskar Mando!

Has there been any problems with people not being able to detach the hose from the jet pack or being able to remove the jet pack from the figure?

Interesting. Just heard that from one other person and was curious if it might be common.
Hey Cocoboloboy,
Concerning the Jetpack attachment...

It seems to be a common thing... the fragile connection is cause for concern, I first heard this from Justin's YT review to use caution...

Skip to 13:50 for jetpack warning...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-49b8eiXWA4

Now that I have HM put together, I've not tried to detach the the pack... not looking forward to it either lol. Maybe it gets easier to remove the more you do it? IDK. The hose is difficult to remove, but did detach without damage.

Since, I'm displaying him for now, I won't have to risk breaking the Jpack mounting pegs or the thin wall plastic mounting points of the pack until he's place back in the box in the future for whatever reason. Hope that helps.

Hey Cocoboloboy,
Concerning the Jetpack attachment...

It seems to be a common thing... the fragile connection is cause for concern, I first heard this from Justin's YT review to use caution...

Skip to 13:50 for jetpack warning...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-49b8eiXWA4

Now that I have HM put together, I've not tried to detach the the pack... not looking forward to it either lol. Maybe it gets easier to remove the more you do it? IDK. The hose is difficult to remove, but did detach without damage.

Since, I'm displaying him for now, I won't have to risk breaking the Jpack mounting pegs or the thin wall plastic mounting points of the pack until he's place back in the box in the future for whatever reason. Hope that helps.

Thank you so much for that info, endo1. I just recently heard about that problem. I’ll use extra caution once I get him now that I know.

Back