1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright then. How'd you pull this off? I wanted to swap my eye-surgery figure onto this body till you informed me that they wouldn't be (directly) compatible. And my T2 T-shirt only figures aswell....

cause i'm ̶b̶a̶t̶m̶a̶n̶̶ famous hot toys butcher, butters himself called me that! :devil
i knew that if even one person is interested, it should be you.
but i'd like to engineer a better way for it first. even this is the second attempt. first one ruined the neck, though it's perfectly suitable for the T2 arrival scene now :slap
anyway it includes cutting the neck rod of the body and making it go into that ball on a head. so either just body or body and head are ruined for any other use.

cause i'm ̶b̶a̶t̶m̶a̶n̶̶ famous hot toys butcher, butters himself called me that! :devil
i knew that if even one person is interested, it should be you.
but i'd like to engineer a better way for it first. even this is the second attempt. first one ruined the neck, though it's perfectly suitable for the T2 arrival scene now :slap
anyway it includes cutting the neck rod of the body and making it go into that ball on a head. so either just body or body and head are ruined for any other use.

I haven't tried the swap myself but why wouldn't you be able to place the head straight on the body? Half the time I switch heads the post stays with the body?

you might want to cut away lots of inner material of that chest piece to avoid the bubble body effect. of course if it bothers you :)
i did it with mine and will do again.

Yeah I done that, I left the tape round the neck post, I think I should of taken it off? As the KP02's neck is chunky enough.

i'm the champion!!!!!!!

phicenbodymod_001_zpssq2bmvgh.jpg~original

phicenbodymod_003_zpsvpfx5y88.jpg~original

phicenbodymod_002_zpsz3ovierx.jpg~original

phicenbodymod_004_zps4jtwkrcb.jpg~original

yes it's articulated. though less than original, as there is now no ball joint in the head, just a turning around point.

no i don't know why i did it. probably to prove to myself that i've still got it.

I cant compete with you dude :clap

Okay, now that looks freaking fantastic P. I thought I didn't need one of those ding dong bodies, until I seen these pics. Now I think I need to get a few. Thanks :gah:

Nice work :clap

thank you guys, sorry for not answering in time :)
today i bought cutters, like these, but 450/18 instead of 900/36, whatever that means.

Steel-Bar-Cutter.jpg

tested it on a rod remaining from the body, and it work so much easier than sawing the rod off, damaging rubber in process (as it needs to be removed from sawing zone). will try easier methods for other bodies.

Yeah I done that, I left the tape round the neck post, I think I should of taken it off? As the KP02's neck is chunky enough.
i think you should, i also cut the flesh under arms - and some from the back part of the neck. KP02 flesh vest is too thick, and his neck doesn't allow MMS238 head to sit straight, it bends forward.

I haven't tried the swap myself but why wouldn't you be able to place the head straight on the body? Half the time I switch heads the post stays with the body?

because this is MMS238 head joint:

s-l1600.jpg

and this is a head joint that Phicen bodies are designed for:

Phicen_Male_head1-3.jpg

you have no space in MMS238 head for Phicen neck ball unless you do some cutting. my goal was a) to keep all head electronics intact and b) to try and keep head's ball joint undamaged. my first attempt didn't reach the goal (b), so i'll continue engineering.

phicenbodymod_003_zpsvpfx5y88.jpg~original

variant 1: just switch the bodies.
variant 2: switch the rubber torsos only. but cut off some inner areas of KP02 rubber vest. you'll see what zones you'll have to get rid of. the reason is KP02 rubber torso is very thick to imitate muscle body, while HT body achieves that goal by making a bigger inside part, covered with thin rubber. direct replacement looks weird, bad. plus arm holes should be widened, too.
i dunno, if you never switched the rubber torsos, only photos will help. i'll make it for 3 more terminators, might take photos.
but again, if you never did it, may be you prefer to just switch the bodies.
i don't know yet which variant is better, i just know KP02 hands are bad, so i went the easy way. will have plenty of chances to experiment - for example, trying to replace the arms and using the rest of the body. but i certainly didn't like KP02 legs - too different from HT.

Finished the Tamiya Honda with front fairing from the BMW bike. Got to polish it up a bit and attach the licence plate, I think its yellow lettering on blue background?

f5vglj6.jpg

Z6gDeBl.jpg

gxbJefv.jpg

vlygm56.jpg

cgJKtWA.jpg

All this time I never realized the bike was missing all its badges and decals and just had a generic red paint job. I thought it was the stock red the bike came with. I even waited until I found the diecast version in red wanting it to be correct, red of course being the most expensive of the colors that were offered. :gah: Well, as soon as it gets warm enough in my garage, I'm gonna re-paint the bike and mount the fairing that's been sitting next to it for the last year.

Back