1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
f894ef4b-fd26-4ba1-b3fd-3e459d5c00a9_zpsukd1xxtx.jpg
thank you for the tutorial. yes i see they are all glossy except for the one that isn't supposed to be, and yes i see that the fourth one looks transparent with different level of red depending on thickness. should get it, it's not expensive. and try the suggested techniques.

Selling my repaint/resculpt if anyone is interested, matched the winston puppet (added chrome to the headpiece also):
i remember it, that's a piece of art by itself. i'd ask about the price but i'd need two of them for my display and wouldn't be able to afford it even if you offered two.

Here's an example. Notice the depth to the wounds (A custom future war Terminator I did for a client)
1e5f59ebbe32c03f8a38a5873dbef4e1.jpg
yep i see it, luckily i normally need just some blood strains, blood steps on the floor, etc :)
still want to modify the squared floor going with my police shootout figure.

yep i see it, luckily i normally need just some blood strains, blood steps on the floor, etc :)
still want to modify the squared floor going with my police shootout figure.
Looking forward to seeing it bro.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Anybody would be interested by a mms238 all from the box but with a custom mms136 headsculpt (endo eyes added, blood removed) by commando.
The size of the head makes him look great and not hydrocephalic.
Oh also i have some saturday biker jackets, just in case im posting here where i know real terminator fans are roaming ;)

Anybody would be interested by a mms238 all from the box but with a custom mms136 headsculpt (endo eyes added, blood removed) by commando.
The size of the head makes him look great and not hydrocephalic.
Oh also i have some saturday biker jackets, just in case im posting here where i know real terminator fans are roaming ;)
pm sent

It used to be me jumping on anything like that. In fact I did once have one of those Commando heads in the pre-MMS238 days. I had no intention of selling my Police Shootout kitbash only I received an entirely unprompted offer around Christmas time 2012, an offer that was too good to refuse. The only time that's ever happened.

Not interested in the head. I did my own years ago. It's the one in my signature. Interested in the extra jackets.

so...

KP02bodymod_01_zps6marbjqy.jpg~original
KP02bodymod_02_zpsf9wtgsft.jpg~original

still need to do some cutting, futzing, blood painting, but after this fast test/experiment i purchased 4 more KP02 bodies immediately, as the figure got better proportions than any of my previous attempts without any big trying.

previous mods gave me this:

technoir_eyesurgery_zps4qvb8guq.jpg~original

technoir_policestation_zpseykrl7oy.jpg~original

it included stuffing a lot of... stuff into the body under the skin and even modifying the jacket's shoulders.

i like the KP02 mod a lot better already. thanks to everybody who said it will work better.

and no, it's not a KP02 body. it's a torso rubber vest replacement - only the torso rubber is from KP02. needs some thinning of the insides (didn't do it yet, and without it the vest doesn't close properly and gives too vast torso on the sides and too much man-boob) and cutting off a top of the rubber neck.

the most precious thing, except for almost no attempts in gaining the body volume and triangle shape, is the neck. not only it's thick and triangle, but it's heavily loaded with details, matching the MMS136 neck. much better than MMS238 *****-shaped neck.

also - Alice and Davea1982 - thank you for your advices about blood paints. i got all you both said and now am waiting for it to arrive from ebay :)

didn't like it as a whole body replacement for T-800. it has very bad joints, its elbows don't have double joint (with all limitations of poses it causes), and its pelvis is too wide while legs are thin and have wrong shape.
but the torso really makes wonders. even the head isn't giant anymore. which means that HT could just give it a proper torso rubber part and avoid all problems that make it look like clothes are badly tailored and so on.

so now i'm as happy with proportions as i could be from changing a stock figure. he looks as giant as MMS238 which is enough to me.

biker001_zpsuypo13lp.jpg~original

biker002_zpsdpprozdm.jpg~original

biker003_zpsqugles3q.jpg~original

liked it so much that decided to add one more to the collection. now biker and motel walker will be different figures. had to purchase more parts :(

i think i will use a KP02 body without changes for a biker figure, because thin legs won't be visible and singular-joint elbows won't be a problem. all the rest will use the same hybrid body. humplessness (missing muscles mass on the back of the neck) is not visible also under the jacket's collar.

a slight color difference and a neck seam aren't visible for a naked eye. only flash (first photo) shows them.

===========

now to developing a way to put a 238 head on a Phicen body.

The jacket is ready to burst at the seams. That will never be as big a deal as the stupid baby face though. May need to do this mod to a couple of my figures now. Wish HT would have just done everything right in the first place. They leave it to us to correct all their mistakes.

I think I'm all MMS238-modded out. If I try to change anything now I'd be likely to destroy the jackets - I've got paperclips running through them and the material is so thin the clips could tear them asunder from the inside out.

That's some top work P. :clap The jacket always seemed too small for Arnie in the movie, so the tight look suits it. I must try and find a suitable body for my 238. Arnie was a beast HT you Mofo's!!!

teminator_2_black_jacket-630x552.jpg

Back