1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All this time I never realized the bike was missing all its badges and decals and just had a generic red paint job. I thought it was the stock red the bike came with. I even waited until I found the diecast version in red wanting it to be correct, red of course being the most expensive of the colors that were offered. :gah: Well, as soon as it gets warm enough in my garage, I'm gonna re-paint the bike and mount the fairing that's been sitting next to it for the last year.

Yeah got all the decals still in the box.

Its kind of hard to see the bike they used in detail, most of the shots are fast paced and at night, I had to re-watch the bike chase scene several times to cross reference stuff.
I'm guessing the production company Hemdale or Orion, didn't have Honda's permission to use their motorbikes in the movie. So they had to take off all identifying make badges, prior to filming? The bike is still instantly recognisable to the casual bike buff but the general public would be none the wiser.

I know Minichamps made a 1.6 die cast Honda 750 a few years ago, that was really nice and sturdy. The Tamiya is nice but as its mostly plastic parts its a bit fragile.
What I am most happy about though is, its perfect size for the HT figure, sometimes these model kits can be under/oversized but this is perfect .6 scale.

Finished the Tamiya Honda with front fairing from the BMW bike. Got to polish it up a bit and attach the licence plate, I think its yellow lettering on blue background?

f5vglj6.jpg

Z6gDeBl.jpg

gxbJefv.jpg

vlygm56.jpg

cgJKtWA.jpg

Say, that's a nice bike.

one more forum member finishes the bike before i do. damn! why am i so lazy. congratulations!
so... which hand does he operate the throttle handle with?

He's a Terminator , he's a machine too. I have no idea how he does it but he does

:lol

I thought you built the bike some years ago P?

I have wanted to do this bike for some time, the Harley from T2 is by far the most iconic bike and chase scene but I like T1 more then T2.

I made a few alterations, I painted the brake calliper black and attached the spedo gear box on the front wheel, I missed it off the original build. I also removed the flimsy plastic kickstand for a metal one.

V024MdU.jpg

2KSr00s.jpg

WOad42j.jpg

JInMNUC.jpg

please put his right hand on a throttle handle so that he can actually drive the bike. :(

Lol, I know so little about bikes, I didn't realise the grip was the throttle. I only built the bike for the Terminator fig, I got no interest in bikes otherwise.

Lol, I know so little about bikes, I didn't realise the grip was the throttle. I only built the bike for the Terminator fig, I got no interest in bikes otherwise.

you won't believe it: several months ago there was a discussion here about why terminator shoots with his left hand while riding a bike, i took a part in it, too, and everybody was happy with a decision "he's a machine and doesn't care"... until somebody told us "because his right hand is operating the throttle" :lol
and we were all like: :slap

I remember that conversation. I think it was me that brought up the throttle reason, if not mistaken.

I believe it was actually a discussion on the T2 shooting the shotgun while riding the Harley bike.

Finally got one of those Phicen bodies today. Definitely think the legs are too long or too thin (or both) for Arnie but otherwise this thing is pretty cool. I'm amazed with how it moves and feels. Smells nice too.

I remember that conversation. I think it was me that brought up the throttle reason, if not mistaken.

I believe it was actually a discussion on the T2 shooting the shotgun while riding the Harley bike.

yeah exactly. somebody asked what hand should be used, i posted screenshots, we went into some nerd conversation about ambidexter robots and you ruined it with reality mark :)

Finally got one of those Phicen bodies today.
congratulations! now let's see how many you end up with :lol

congratulations! now let's see how many you end up with :lol

Assuming I put the Tech Noir head on this maybe one more for the spare T2 MMS117 head anyway. As to other purposes like using the body for T-shirt variants like T1 eye surgery or T2 chip reset scene - I dunno. I hate the thought of having to customise the necks to fit those heads.

They're pretty durable so I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's amazing how far seamless bodies have come- one would have shuddered to get one 5 years ago.

^^ Reinforces my idea that the 238 sculpt was too rounded, its like the sculpt came out the mold deformed and HT just said 'screw it' if only HT had really nailed the sculpt, the Truck Hit sculpt though is fairly decent.

Back