1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, IF we should ever get a HT Reese the hs probably won't be open mouthed and interesting as this one and you won't get Nike on the sneaks... So, money won't be lost. And btw the tailoring is close to HT quality here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was supposed to happen when P. and Shells bought the Dchung Reese and yet here we are....

Well, I haven't bought it yet, so there is that. :)

50bff08793a4f5c38aed1d9445f22d5a.jpg

Not a great photo, but a great figure!

That picture almost makes the sale happen though. That's probably the most flattering picture of the headsculpt I have seen. :clap

Well, I haven't bought it yet, so there is that. :)

That picture almost makes the sale happen though. That's probably the most flattering picture of the headsculpt I have seen. :clap

Yes, don't know why the promo shots are so bad. The chin looks huge on them. In hand the sculpt is great!

In full disclosure I had initially signed up for that figure but it didn't turn out as good as I had hoped. The sculpt when painted looked way off to me and I thought the clothes were massively oversized. I could deal with one or the other but not both so in the end I didn't buy. Happily he seems to have made many sales since to people who hadn't signed on so my guilt is somewhat assuaged :monkey3

Of course at that time I still had hopes that Hot Toys would make an official one, hopes that are now all but gone.

Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale...

In full disclosure I had initially signed up for that figure but it didn't turn out as good as I had hoped. The sculpt when painted looked way off to me and I thought the clothes were massively oversized. I could deal with one or the other but not both so in the end I didn't buy. Happily he seems to have made many sales since to people who hadn't signed on so my guilt is somewhat assuaged :monkey3

Of course at that time I still had hopes that Hot Toys would make an official one, hopes that are now all but gone.

I actually don't think the clothes is actually oversized. The fabrics just don't hang like real life and therefor it looks like it is. Also you have to work with it a lot to get the right fit and make the fabric softer. The sculpt is good - it really gives urgent feeling as in the movie. Very true to the movie in a way that I doubt HT would do.
Here's a photo of KR. Notice how oversized the coat actually is. It's huge and look at how wide the sleeves are.
d90afd99e1b695ff9feaebd4825d9f8b.jpg

Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale...

I think I know which one of these I think looks most movie accurate...
c35a471a5c7636780250b3b71bbb388d.jpg

Ok. Last one. I think he looks best in a less action based pose.
a1c9e6bfc3b11dc0e5e2f2b12f4e1a13.jpg

d0316b4ab548cf6fba45cd70c3589ffc.jpg

Maybe all these pics of custom Kyle Reese figures is what Hot Toys needs to get their arse in gear. He said with a futile and misguided optimism

Maybe all these pics of custom Kyle Reese figures is what Hot Toys needs to get their arse in gear. He said with a futile and misguided optimism

i could be wrong but i don't think (despite the love for kyle reese amongst die hard terminator fans) it would sell well for them.

I don't think they would release a casual looking figure wearing everyday clothes like KR. I don't think they ever really did? Marty maybe?
If so it would be part of a double pack. Like Bruce Banner and Hulk. Reese and a endoskeleton maybe... But hey, probably won't happen.

Maybe but it almost looks like the eyes are 'smiling' y'know?

Certainly seems like a good likeness to his Tombstone character though.

Back