1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale...

I think I know which one of these I think looks most movie accurate...
c35a471a5c7636780250b3b71bbb388d.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

Wait.

Awww man just imagine a BD Robocop-standard likeness of Michael Biehn as Kyle Reese and as Corporal Hicks....

NECA ****ing nailed T2 Linda Hamilton, more than Hot Toys even, but their Kyle Reese didn't manage it. Their Hicks was reasonably good but, even for the size and pricepoint, the quality wasn't the best.

If only Hot Toys would try it. Hell maybe they too wouldn't nail it down but we'll never know if they don't even attempt it.

Yes definitely not much Michael Biehn there...
You gotta admit there's more of him here: ;)
106c0367420279bd764ff5b8404bc19d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^
ehhh...I dunno. The eyes throw it way off. They always seemed too far apart or something, maybe my imagination.

NECA's figure just does not look like him at all unfortunately, despite their insistence to the contrary. Having said that, at least they gave it a shot and we have some sort of 1984 Reese figure from them.

Nah, looks too good humoured.
I believe this is the photo used for reference for the sculpt. Unpainted it does look a little good humored, but the corners of the mouth are not at all turned up. I guess how the eyes are painted would determine actually expression.
ringo.jpg

Maybe all these pics of custom Kyle Reese figures is what Hot Toys needs to get their arse in gear. He said with a futile and misguided optimism

I know a guy who got a Cease and Desist from Hot Toys because someone on ebay sold a Reese figure and mentioned that he had painted a slightly modded HT Reese head for it. Obviously, HT still cares about their properties, but just not enough to produce anything. I know when you get a license, it probably encompasses everything, but the licensing agent should have the right to pull the license if a company is allowing it to languish. In all the years since those first three releases, what have we gotten......the 136 and 238 from The Terminator. Time to let it go. Give it to Chronicle Collectibles and they can team up with ACI on their new line of 1/6 figures. Paul would get this done.

edit: Sorry, I forgot about the 1/4 T2 endo that comes in "The Terminator" box as well.

What if we asked Sculptor to do a Reese? He has been pounding out some amazing sculpts recently. Think there would be enough interest on the board? Of course, if there wasn't enough interest here, there would never be enough to warrant HT from ever doing a figure. I'd probably buy three or four myself.

^
ehhh...I dunno. The eyes throw it way off. They always seemed too far apart or something, maybe my imagination.

NECA's figure just does not look like him at all unfortunately, despite their insistence to the contrary. Having said that, at least they gave it a shot and we have some sort of 1984 Reese figure from them.

Hehe I just won't convince you will I? (The eyes are not too far apart though - see the picture of him in the hat) ... But yes would be great with an even better one but till then this one will do. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just spoke to Rocco (Sculptor). He said he would be happy to give Reese a try. He would need 20 people interested and cost would be $70 plus shipping. I need to get an interest thread up and running.

I'd have to see it before I signed up to be honest, maybe even see it painted. But I don't think that's how these things usually work.

Won't come painted, but if it's a go, you might get on list after the print is done. The print looks no different than the rendering to be honest though.

unpacked the last terminator & started comparing figure out of the box VS modded body & jacket - and battery died before i could even see how it went out.

body_compare_001_zpsupw2y4pl.jpg~original

body_compare_002_zpsit4kqgo6.jpg~original

body_compare_003_zpstfpdgl1n.jpg~original

body_compare_004_zpsxk8wxbxi.jpg~original

terminator.jpg

The-Terminator-1984.jpg

11.-The-Terminator-1984.jpg

high jacket shoulders & stretched t-shirt's throat are pretty visible here.

beautiful colors there, very nice choise of light to display terminators.

Last edited:
Back