Hot Toys The Suicide Squad speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_2bfd5b8fcdc13c03e96b42f8c4e0ab06_d1d1e149_2048.jpg

Really hoping she gets released.
Dust all over her hair and outfit,
With rats on her pedestals and on the side of it as if they were running everywhere.
Would definitely do this pose with her arm (but probably standing)
Box office results can't mean anything for this particular period of time...

Looks like some of the DC Multiverse figures are coming with guns.
They're not. The reviewer just gave them some guns for the pictures but specifically mentions they don't come with guns.
Harley Quinn – not a bad fig. Would prefer the suited look but for what it is, well done. There were a lot of sub par Harley figs at mass retail during the last couple years, but this one executes the look. The face sculpt is really solid for a 20-25 dollar fig. Lack of guns is stupid, though this pole thing is in the trailers.
Peacemaker – Very sculpty. Seems like it was cut from a very posed out base sculpt. Cena’s shoulders and chest are flexed out, arms are curved even in straight position, legs also have a curve in resting pose. Unmasked is like 50% there. Masked does capture his likeness for the lower part of the face. Both versions come with the CTB parts, but do have different packaging. Lack of guns here REALLY stupid since his thing is a giant chrome gun. The axe that comes with the unmasked is pretty cool tho.
- Toyark Review

Mezco managed to get around it by releasing an accessory pack that wasn't specifically DC-connected but was obviously meant for the DC character. I wonder if other companies will try the same.

With King Shark’s incredible price, he’s going to be a big seller. I’d say a Harley is a given at this point to go with him. HT hasn’t passed on a Harley chance yet. It will be curious if we get anyone beyond those two. Peacemaker might get made with his spin off boosting his appeal. HT hasn’t done an Elba yet for Marvel so perhaps they’re eager to have chance to make him in a more prominent role?

Polka Dot Man and Rick Flagg seem like they’ve got potential from third party makers. Maybe even Ratcatcher. King Shark was the real tough one for them to pull off so anyone seems plausible enough now.

Whatever HT doesn't do will come to market from third party folks. I fully anticipate ratcatcher, Polka Dot man, Peacemaker and the like to be tackled by someone. HT will go for Harley once the BOP ones are locked in to buyers without a doubt with a loose hanging second for Bloodsport.

Whatever HT doesn't do will come to market from third party folks. I fully anticipate ratcatcher, Polka Dot man, Peacemaker and the like to be tackled by someone. HT will go for Harley once the BOP ones are locked in to buyers without a doubt with a loose hanging second for Bloodsport.

Ratcatcher 2 is the one I really want.

While the others worked great on screen I don't feel enough of a connection to them to want figures.

I'm thinking in terms of adding team members to my original movie squad (Flag, Harley, Deadshot and Katana).

Already moved Joker out to reserve Nanaue's place. lol

With King Shark’s incredible price, he’s going to be a big seller. I’d say a Harley is a given at this point to go with him. HT hasn’t passed on a Harley chance yet. It will be curious if we get anyone beyond those two. Peacemaker might get made with his spin off boosting his appeal. HT hasn’t done an Elba yet for Marvel so perhaps they’re eager to have chance to make him in a more prominent role?

Polka Dot Man and Rick Flagg seem like they’ve got potential from third party makers. Maybe even Ratcatcher. King Shark was the real tough one for them to pull off so anyone seems plausible enough now.
They still have like 6000 Harleys on pre order right? Would be logical move to announce a new Harley when those releases.
Personally the character makes me cringe everytime I see her, TSS still had some of those moments especially in the beginning, but from the moment she kills that bachelor guy onward, it was great.

I could see a piece with her in that red dress be a crown piece in someone’s Harley collection.

The real question is, why does Peacemaker have a toilet on his head?

The Birds of Prey figures have been pushed to the end of the year, and that’s if they don’t get pushed again. Surely they won’t wait till next year to announce a SS Harley?

I was wrong about King Shark…with me still being bold enough to predict that even after they’d shown off the prototype was more a reflection of my lack of faith in Hot Toys to tackle DC licenses than anything else.
In spite of that I’m still fairly confident that we won’t see anything else from this movie.
I would love for Hot Toys to make me eat crow again though, but I don’t think they will.
A Bloodsport is my most wanted figure at this point. Probably my favorite character in ANY super hero film.
They won’t make him though!

Nothing teased with KS. PDM is dead, but an easy figure for HT. BS looks cool with the helmet and has some neat gadgets, like the rubber bands to shoot off his gauntlets. This seemed more of a wait and see approach than the last one. If nothing this week, I would start really doubting, but give it another month now to see what rolls out of this.

One figure I’d like to see made that nobody has mentioned yet is Amanda Waller. HT isn’t going to make her but I sure hope one of the third part companies do. Nail the head sculpt and she’s an easy enough figure to make. Give her some enticing extras like the bomb detonation case and she’d be a decent $150 figure.

Back