Hot Toys The Suicide Squad speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually enjoyed this more than the other one and the characters were more likable . Sadly DC is just really bad at making decisions and deciding how to market there characters. It’s really a shame .

People are gonna buy a King Shark even if they didn’t see or like the movie, because he’s a big funny Shark Man :lol. Nobody is gonna buy a Bloodsport or Polkadot man on a whim :lol.
Idk. Same could be said for z listers like Shang chi and that other guy but they did buy them. It’s all about presentation. The characters marvel presents make you want to see them and have them in your home. The way DC makes them is just … blah expendable characters nobody cares about. If they aren’t Batman and sometimes Superman then it won’t sell.

they just recently saw the Wonder Woman potential. Even tho fans wanted a movie forever .

WB/dc are just bad at marketing these characters movie wise but do an amazing job in the animation/ game department. But marvel is coming for that gaming spot.

If they do harley in the red & black pre-order first day!. I pre-ordered king shark, he's different and i like that. I'm going to use georgie's severed arm from the pennywise figure for him 2 chew on

Last edited:
The world isn't Hollywood.

Asia is bigger in population. Just seems kind of dismissive just because someone isn't known in the west they're irrelevant.

Honestly, that Tony Leung HT will probably outsell any TSS figures if any were to be made.

As for DC, is the rumoured figure gun ban just for DC or all of WB?

The world isn't Hollywood.

Asia is bigger in population. Just seems kind of dismissive just because someone isn't known in the west they're irrelevant.
I didn't say Hollywood is and it's not just the west that I'm talking about. Would you say people in the middle east would know more of Tony Leung or Margot Robbie? What about Australia? India?

I didn't say Hollywood is and it's not just the west that I'm talking about. Would you say people in the middle east would know more of Tony Leung or Margot Robbie? What about Australia? India?

I'm sure most of us don't know foreign movie stars and such. The fact is Tony Leung is huge in Hong Kong and Hot Toys is a Hong Kong company. As soon as they announced Tony Leung's in a Marvel movie, there's a good chance there's a HT figure of him.

Back to TSS, I don't know why there's no Harley Quinn yet. Based on the number of releases, Howard seems to be a fan of Margot Robbie. I'm going to blame it on the gun ban on figures.

If they do harley in the red & black pre-order first day!. I pre-ordered king shark, he's different and i like that. I'm going to use georgie's severed arm from the pennywise figure for him 2 chew on
Sorry, they’re not making Harley Quinn in red & black, or the other outfit for that matter.
King Shark was a one and done.

Given the number of Harley figures we've already gotten from HT, I'm more likely to believe the new one hasn't been announced because there are already TWO others that are still in production from another movie (plus the video game version). If it hasn't been announced 3 months after those release, then I'll believe it's never coming.

Given the number of Harley figures we've already gotten from HT, I'm more likely to believe the new one hasn't been announced because there are already TWO others that are still in production from another movie (plus the video game version). If it hasn't been announced 3 months after those release, then I'll believe it's never coming.
Yes, I think this is far more likely than Hot Toys suddenly deciding they don't want to make another Margot Robbie figure. Regardless of how well The Suicide Squad did or didn't do, Harley Quinn has a devoted fanbase and Hot Toys seems to be doing well making Harley figures.

Yep…and it will probably not be released until Q4 2024 either.

Back