Andy Serkis LORD OF THE RINGS: LET THERE BE CARNAGE 2026

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's true. I felt like his heart wasn't really in the project from the get-go.
Hard to save an already sinking ship.
Yeah but this time it'll be different :rolleyes:
Probably not. WB gonna WB. But if they let him do what he does, like they let DV do with Dune, and don't interfere too much we could have some more classics on our hands.

Wait isn’t there a lord if the rings animated movie coming out this year tho?

Could be awesome! I imagine Jackson, Walsh, and Boyens wouldn't have signed on unless they were really interested in the material. Hoping some lessons were learned after the Hobbit Trilogy mess.
I wonder if they'll recast or de-age Mortensen and McKellen? Mortensen will be the toughest to de-age since his face won't be covered in prosthetics and hair like McKellen.

LOTR had amazing, next level visuals. But it missed the mark in so many ways with character that I sincerely hoped Jackson and his writers would never go near the property again. Pity.

Can’t be worse than what Amazon is doing 🤷‍♂️

It very much could. I choose to look at Rings of Power as tangentially related to Tolkiens works. Hopefully they someone makes the real thing before I die.

There were so many issues with those movies out of his control.
Yea, I just got done watching the series "Icons Unearthed: The Lord of the Rings," it's it's pretty shocking [EDIT: "eye opening" is a better word to use here] to hear what he (and the cast/crew) went through during the production of The Hobbit

Last edited:
Back