1/6 Hot Toys - The Falcon & The Winter Soldier - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this is a bit over the top for me but if this was going to be in captain america 4(or are we on 5 now?) I would get it.
Mackie's film will be Cap 4. But at this stage, if you're not anxious to get it, you could wait for the Cap 4 version. They'll probably change it a bit though, gotta sell more toys.
Please NO to Taylor Kitsch and an even BIGGER NO to Channing Tatum lol.
Tatum's genuinely a good actor though. Magic Mike, The Eagle, Foxcatcher; he's been good in all of them. I'm not sure if he'd be a good Gambit, but he'd make a fine addition to the MCU in some role. And Hell, I like Kitsch too. He was good in True Detective. S2 in general is underrated. Farrell gave it his all, as did Vaughn. I know people hated it because they wanted more Occult Mystery (I did too) but S2 was a solid noir. This makes me think how much of a great Doom I think Farrell would make. I like Depp too, but Farrell's Gaves was much better than Johnny's Grindelwald as well. I do wonder if he'll do a capeflick at some point.

4x3I.gif

I think this is a bit over the top for me but if this was going to be in captain america 4(or are we on 5 now?) I would get it.

This suit is definitely over the top and why I probably like it as much as I do. I feel the same way about 2012 Cap’s costume.

But considering this suit was literally brand new for Sam and it was only in one episode, it should looks less obnoxious after some weathering and hope that’s the route they go for Cap 4. Although I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a bunch of subtle changes like Steve’s had over the years.

But with filming not even scheduled to begin until next summer, when this figure comes out, you’ll have at the very least, 2-3 years to enjoy him on your shelf before worrying about an upgrade.

Please NO to Taylor Kitsch and an even BIGGER NO to Channing Tatum lol.

I actually thought Kitsch was fine as Gambit, although I readily admit that I don't know the character all that well. I DO know that if a more nuanced performance is required, Channing Tatum's not the answer lol.

And Hell, I like Kitsch too. He was good in True Detective. S2 in general is underrated. Farrell gave it his all, as did Vaughn. I know people hated it because they wanted more Occult Mystery (I did too) but S2 was a solid noir. This makes me think how much of a great Doom I think Farrell would make. I like Depp too, but Farrell's Gaves was much better than Johnny's Grindelwald as well. I do wonder if he'll do a capeflick at some point.

4x3I.gif
I've been contemplating watching S2 of True Detective. I haven't heard many/any positive reviews, but given what's passed as entertainment during COVID I figure it can't be that bad. Right? R-Right? Posts fully expecting an Anakin/Padme meme in reply...

I actually thought Kitsch was fine as Gambit, although I readily admit that I don't know the character all that well. I DO know that if a more nuanced performance is required, Channing Tatum's not the answer lol.

I've been contemplating watching S2 of True Detective. I haven't heard many/any positive reviews, but given what's passed as entertainment during COVID I figure it can't be that bad. Right? R-Right? Posts fully expecting an Anakin/Padme meme in reply...
Well, Gambit is my favorite X-Men character so I'd really like to see him portrayed faithfully on screen...and I've got nothing against Kitsch or Tatum, but they're not it...certainly not Tatum, who has a build of a juicing gym bro than the slender physique that is required for Gambit.

Also, please do yourself a favor and DON'T watch season 2 of True Detective. It's such slow uninteresting garbage, especially in comparison to the masterpiece that was season 1.

It's good neo-noir. It can get corny at times, but I never felt that anyone was phoning it in. People were dissapointed it wasn't as ethereal as S1 and that's fair. But taken on its own, it's not a bad season. It's more bleak, more straightforward, but the performances themselves and the cinematography are still tight. There are still some Occult elements, with the traffic system/highways and trafficking, but it's not as fleshed out. Ultimately I think that if you like noir, with all of its melodramatic trappings at times, and you like the actors themselves, you'll like this too. It's also got Rachel McAdams talking about getting stuffed by big dicks, Kelly Reilly's tits, Vaughn's funky monologues and Collin Farrell as a peak sleazecore cokehead. You can certainly do a whole lot worse as far as passive entertainment goes. S3 for example was worse by virtue of being a rehash of S1 but with nothing else going for it and a copout ending.

I don't know if it's worth it in the sense that by not seeing it you'll miss anything, but then again there are very few things in film & especially tv that are important to watch. Most are just ways to kill time. Well-crafted maybe, but there's very few pieces of media in general that have something to offer. All I can think of tv-wise are Twin Peaks, The Young/New Pope, Sopranos, and then stuff like Berlin Alexanderplatz and the Dekalog. Maybe the Prisoner. I'm not sure if you could count Mad Men. And that's stretching it, really. Personally speaking, TYP, Twin Peaks and Sopranos are the only ones I remember often for whatever reason.

Anyway, I'm just saying that it gets a lot of undeserved hate when it's a good noir story. It's just that S1 was lightning in a bottle and scratched that Occult itch while having Harrelson and McConaughey's chemistry to play off. If you're just looking for something to watch and kill time, give Black Sails a shot if you haven't watched it. It's peak Operatic Pirate greatness. It has some faults, as all shows do, but it's one of the most underrated shows of the decade. It's probably the only longform show where I legitimately cared for all the characters. The theatrical dialogue also adds to it. I really loved Mr. Robot as well, if we're talking recent shows. It again had its faults, but I enjoyed the ride immensely.

giphy.gif

Also, please do yourself a favor and DON'T watch season 2 of True Detective. It's such slow uninteresting garbage, especially in comparison to the masterpiece that was season 1.
Well, I watched episode 1 last night. It didn't exactly grab me, but I'll at least watch the second one to see where things go.

It's good neo-noir. It can get corny at times, but I never felt that anyone was phoning it in. People were dissapointed it wasn't as ethereal as S1 and that's fair. But taken on its own, it's not a bad season. It's more bleak, more straightforward, but the performances themselves and the cinematography are still tight. There are still some Occult elements, with the traffic system/highways and trafficking, but it's not as fleshed out. Ultimately I think that if you like noir, with all of its melodramatic trappings at times, and you like the actors themselves, you'll like this too. It's also got Rachel McAdams talking about getting stuffed by big dicks, Kelly Reilly's tits, Vaughn's funky monologues and Collin Farrell as a peak sleazecore cokehead. You can certainly do a whole lot worse as far as passive entertainment goes. S3 for example was worse by virtue of being a rehash of S1 but with nothing else going for it and a copout ending.

I don't know if it's worth it in the sense that by not seeing it you'll miss anything, but then again there are very few things in film & especially tv that are important to watch. Most are just ways to kill time. Well-crafted maybe, but there's very few pieces of media in general that have something to offer. All I can think of tv-wise are Twin Peaks, The Young/New Pope, Sopranos, and then stuff like Berlin Alexanderplatz and the Dekalog. Maybe the Prisoner. I'm not sure if you could count Mad Men. And that's stretching it, really. Personally speaking, TYP, Twin Peaks and Sopranos are the only ones I remember often for whatever reason.

Anyway, I'm just saying that it gets a lot of undeserved hate when it's a good noir story. It's just that S1 was lightning in a bottle and scratched that Occult itch while having Harrelson and McConaughey's chemistry to play off. If you're just looking for something to watch and kill time, give Black Sails a shot if you haven't watched it. It's peak Operatic Pirate greatness. It has some faults, as all shows do, but it's one of the most underrated shows of the decade. It's probably the only longform show where I legitimately cared for all the characters. The theatrical dialogue also adds to it. I really loved Mr. Robot as well, if we're talking recent shows. It again had its faults, but I enjoyed the ride immensely.

giphy.gif
Of the main characters those of Vaughn and Kitsch were the most intriguing in the first episode. I usually like Rachel McAdam's performances, but not sure about her character yet. Farrell's portrayal of a cokehead cop on the take seems a bit too on the nose so far (seems more caricature than character), but it's not terrible.

I loved Mr. Robot as well. I haven't seen Black Sails - I didn't have whatever premium channel that aired on. I'll have to check if it's available now on one my streaming services.

Of the main characters those of Vaughn and Kitsch were the most intriguing in the first episode. I usually like Rachel McAdam's performances, but not sure about her character yet. Farrell's portrayal of a cokehead cop on the take seems a bit too on the nose so far (seems more caricature than character), but it's not terrible.
It's a pretty melodramatic season, but I liked it. Then again I only watched it while it was airing. I've revisited very few tv shows in my life. The Young Pope, I think Daredevil that I watched with my mum again, Breaking Bad for the same reason and I've gone through TDS1 three or so times. I've been meaning to do it for Twin Peaks as well, but I'm not really for wasting so much time. I want to get the BluRay BoxSets of my Top 10 someday, but I'm not spending another 100+ hours on Sopranos, much as I love it. I used to not even rewatch movies, but I've changed that tune in the last few years because I have some favourites in an external HD and watch one when there's nothing else I can do that night.

I hink TDS2 is worth a watch if you want a show to pass the time with. It's very noir, with all its trappings, very bleak. Crime/Noir/Etc isn't my favourite genre, but I can enjoy a good one. I don't know if you'll look back on it during the years to come, but IMO it's a good season and above the majority of tv shows; it's just not S1.

Very underrated shows nobody watched were Patriot (Amazon) and Perpetual Grace LTD. I liked Cumberbatch's Patrick Melrose miniseries as well. The Night Manager with Hiddleston and Laurie was engaging. Oh, a lot of people slept on ZeroZeroZero. That's more or less what I remember from the last few years tv-wise (if we exclude all the big names like Mr. Robot, Leftovers, Twin Peaks, etc). My current favourite is Succession. I don't follow many these days. Around three or so. And there's nothing new that really grabs me. I watched The North Water and will give Scenes From A Marriage a shot but I can't remember anything else. Gotten bored I guess.

I loved Mr. Robot as well.
I have my problems with the final season, but I think all in all it was a memorable show and I'm glad I followed it.

I haven't seen Black Sails - I didn't have whatever premium channel that aired on. I'll have to check if it's available now on one my streaming services.
I was hooked from the first episode, though some people say that it takes some getting used to. I guess it depends on how much you like pirates and BOATS. I started it during some summer, so the sunny atmosphere really added to it. Also

200.gif

It's a pretty melodramatic season, but I liked it. Then again I only watched it while it was airing. I've revisited very few tv shows in my life. The Young Pope, I think Daredevil that I watched with my mum again, Breaking Bad for the same reason and I've gone through TDS1 three or so times. I've been meaning to do it for Twin Peaks as well, but I'm not really for wasting so much time. I want to get the BluRay BoxSets of my Top 10 someday, but I'm not spending another 100+ hours on Sopranos, much as I love it. I used to not even rewatch movies, but I've changed that tune in the last few years because I have some favourites in an external HD and watch one when there's nothing else I can do that night.

I hink TDS2 is worth a watch if you want a show to pass the time with. It's very noir, with all its trappings, very bleak. Crime/Noir/Etc isn't my favourite genre, but I can enjoy a good one. I don't know if you'll look back on it during the years to come, but IMO it's a good season and above the majority of tv shows; it's just not S1.

Very underrated shows nobody watched were Patriot (Amazon) and Perpetual Grace LTD. I liked Cumberbatch's Patrick Melrose miniseries as well. The Night Manager with Hiddleston and Laurie was engaging. Oh, a lot of people slept on ZeroZeroZero. That's more or less what I remember from the last few years tv-wise (if we exclude all the big names like Mr. Robot, Leftovers, Twin Peaks, etc). My current favourite is Succession. I don't follow many these days. Around three or so. And there's nothing new that really grabs me. I watched The North Water and will give Scenes From A Marriage a shot but I can't remember anything else. Gotten bored I guess.

I have my problems with the final season, but I think all in all it was a memorable show and I'm glad I followed it.

I was hooked from the first episode, though some people say that it takes some getting used to. I guess it depends on how much you like pirates and BOATS. I started it during some summer, so the sunny atmosphere really added to it. Also

200.gif
ZeroZeroZero was awful in my opinion. It reeked of trying to hard to seem dark, edgy, and adult and failed spectacularly in my opinion. It was also another boring snooze fest. It was beautifully shot, but when the story is uninteresting garbage that's not enough to keep me around. I had to tap out maybe after the 2nd episode.

Since you seem to enjoy/tolerate slow shows I would recommend "Too Old to Die Young." It's quite an awful show in my opinion, but it had some good pieces here and there...and the only reason I stuck with it was because I enjoy Nicholas Winding Refn's neon-drenched visuals.

ZeroZeroZero was awful in my opinion. It reeked of trying to hard to seem dark, edgy, and adult and failed spectacularly in my opinion. It was also another boring snooze fest. It was beautifully shot, but when the story is uninteresting garbage that's not enough to keep me around. I had to tap out maybe after the 2nd episode.

Since you seem to enjoy/tolerate slow shows I would recommend "Too Old to Die Young." It's quite an awful show in my opinion, but it had some good pieces here and there...and the only reason I stuck with it was because I enjoy Nicholas Winding Refn's neon-drenched visuals.
I liked ZeroZeroZero. I didn't find it slow at all and it kept me engaged throughout the entire time. The location hopping especially was great for giving new scenery one after the other. I don't see how it was more tryhard than any other espionage/crime show.

I'll never try TOTDY. It's too slow and self-indulgent when there is no point for it to be like that. I like Refn and his distinct style, but I don't love everything he does. I like Drive the most, I found Neon Demon engaging, that early movie with Mikkelsen working in a video club was pretty funny, but I didn't care for Valhalla Rising or Only God Forgives. TOTDY is beyond slow, it's just Refn induling in himself; period. I like neon-coloured nights, but not that much. I'd rather go rewatch Cowboy Bebop or something.

I liked ZeroZeroZero. I didn't find it slow at all and it kept me engaged throughout the entire time. The location hopping especially was great for giving new scenery one after the other. I don't see how it was more tryhard than any other espionage/crime show.

I'll never try TOTDY. It's too slow and self-indulgent when there is no point for it to be like that. I like Refn and his distinct style, but I don't love everything he does. I like Drive the most, I found Neon Demon engaging, that early movie with Mikkelsen working in a video club was pretty funny, but I didn't care for Valhalla Rising or Only God Forgives. TOTDY is beyond slow, it's just Refn induling in himself; period. I like neon-coloured nights, but not that much. I'd rather go rewatch Cowboy Bebop or something.
Fair enough. TOTDY is exactly everything you say it is, but figured it could be up your alley...but it's clearly not and I don't blame you. I didn't like it either haha. Like I said, I only tolerated it because I appreciate Refn.

Fair enough. TOTDY is exactly everything you say it is, but figured it could be up your alley...but it's clearly not and I don't blame you. I didn't like it either haha. Like I said, I only tolerated it because I appreciate Refn.
I can do slow, but it has to tap into something specific I enjoy too much to not mind the dreadful pace. NeoNoir/Crime isn't that, so while I like 2 hours of neon-lights and ".........................................................................................................yeah" once in a while, it's not something I actively seek out. I may give it a shot one day, on a whim, and go through it at 3.0x speed so it feels normal, but, honestly, I think I'm just burned out on shows. I've seen too much film and tv so nothing feels fresh or interesting anymore. I go through them to check names off a list, but rarely does anything stick with me anymore. I can keep up with 3 shows per year at a one-episode-per-week rate, but I'm really not keeping up with news or trying to discover anything else. Nothing's hit those TP: The Return or Young Pope heights for me. Things like GoT came and went, and it all just feels so hollow. Very little material out there has something to say that can't be covered in 2 hours. I'd commit to a show only if it's a small mini, essentially an extended film, and it draws me thematically, or because it taps into a certain genre/aesthetic I enjoy very much and can just watch and relax. Out of everything I've watched this year, I think I remember maybe 10 things. I'm just too tired to sit passively in front of a screen anymore. It's why I got back to finishing some old anime; the 20 minutes pass by faster and are easier to manage timewise.

I can do slow, but it has to tap into something specific I enjoy too much to not mind the dreadful pace. NeoNoir/Crime isn't that, so while I like 2 hours of neon-lights and ".........................................................................................................yeah" once in a while, it's not something I actively seek out. I may give it a shot one day, on a whim, and go through it at 3.0x speed so it feels normal, but, honestly, I think I'm just burned out on shows. I've seen too much film and tv so nothing feels fresh or interesting anymore. I go through them to check names off a list, but rarely does anything stick with me anymore. I can keep up with 3 shows per year at a one-episode-per-week rate, but I'm really not keeping up with news or trying to discover anything else. Nothing's hit those TP: The Return or Young Pope heights for me. Things like GoT came and went, and it all just feels so hollow. Very little material out there has something to say that can't be covered in 2 hours. I'd commit to a show only if it's a small mini, essentially an extended film, and it draws me thematically, or because it taps into a certain genre/aesthetic I enjoy very much and can just watch and relax. Out of everything I've watched this year, I think I remember maybe 10 things. I'm just too tired to sit passively in front of a screen anymore. It's why I got back to finishing some old anime; the 20 minutes pass by faster and are easier to manage timewise.
Lmaooooooo that's so outrageously accurate. So sad, so true!

I feel you, I'm highly selective with my watch list too, so it's totally understandable. That being said, you should definitely skip TOTDY entirely then. There's nothing in it for you...or the general audience for that matter.

Well, Gambit is my favorite X-Men character so I'd really like to see him portrayed faithfully on screen...and I've got nothing against Kitsch or Tatum, but they're not it...certainly not Tatum, who has a build of a juicing gym bro than the slender physique that is required for Gambit.

Gotta agree with gmoney on True Detective. Watch Season 1 and Season 3. Season 2 just didn't click for me...

Lmaooooooo that's so outrageously accurate. So sad, so true!

I feel you, I'm highly selective with my watch list too, so it's totally understandable. That being said, you should definitely skip TOTDY entirely then. There's nothing in it for you...or the general audience for that matter.
Refn just doesn't know when to reign it in.

The only things I watch now are some anime I've left unfinished. A new movie or an old one that I happen across once in a while, and that's it. I'm just tired of it all. Very few films/shows/etc got a reaction out of me so I'm not too keen on pouring 2-hours per watch. I watched Fearless (1993) some time back and that's a film I still think about. Everything else past that... eh. So what's the point, you know? I'm not going to film school so I've given up trying to curate some ultra-elite taste. There's just no time for that. I have my token Russian, French, etc films that I love and keep to namedrop in a conversation, but I'm not watching Bella Tarr again. I just can't do it.

Gotta agree with gmoney on True Detective. Watch Season 1 and Season 3. Season 2 just didn't click for me...

Well, I went ahead and watched all of S2 of True Detective and...............I agree with darthkostis - it was a solid piece of noir storytelling. It seemed like they were going for Chinatown with a modern spin. It definitely didn't reach that level, but despite its overriding bleakness I enjoyed it. A bit over-the-top with ALL of the protagonists being damaged in one way or another, and some things were unnecessarily interconnected - like the private security firm (Black Mountain) that Kitsch's character worked for in Afghanistan now working (solely) for the evil company tied to their investigation. I definitely think waiting this long to watch it helped me divorce it from Season 1. I had no illusions that it would be of a similar vein, and I think that allowed me to appreciate it for what it was rather than what it was not. And while no one's character was as memorable as those of McConaughey and Harrelson in S1, I thought the performances of all the leads (Vaughn, Farrell, Kitsch and McAdams) were excellent.

Anybody heard anything about this being released in Hong Kong soon? I'm trying to decide if I'm gonna preorder it soon or not. Beautiful figure and a great moment for the character.

Anybody heard anything about this being released in Hong Kong soon? I'm trying to decide if I'm gonna preorder it soon or not. Beautiful figure and a great moment for the character.
Yeah I’m going to stick with my Civil War Falcon but I am interested in seeing what the production version of this figure looks like. I love the wings on this figure and overall design of the outfit is cool, but I think there is a bit too much white in his costume for my taste.

Yeah I’m going to stick with my Civil War Falcon but I am interested in seeing what the production version of this figure looks like. I love the wings on this figure and overall design of the outfit is cool, but I think there is a bit too much white in his costume for my taste.

Yeah, they definitely should've went with the more subtle lesser white version they mocked up. I expect his movie suit to follow suit though.

E03DB9B8-D52B-4CD4-AD79-98CBFBB1AA26.jpeg

Back