1/6 Hot Toys - The Falcon & The Winter Soldier - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have zero issues with anyone not liking a show, movie, character, figure, etc that i like. We all enjoy different things that is part of what makes collecting fun. I really enjoyed the show and i liked Karli but if everyone hates her that's fine with me.

I'm a Star Wars fan also that likes ALL the movies and shows so i'm used to getting hate for that lol
Screw you for enjoying things, why can't you be unhappy with something? :wink:

I have zero issues with anyone not liking a show, movie, character, figure, etc that i like. We all enjoy different things that is part of what makes collecting fun. I really enjoyed the show and i liked Karli but if everyone hates her that's fine with me.

I'm a Star Wars fan also that likes ALL the movies and shows so i'm used to getting hate for that lol

Well I certainly like the Hot Toys Bo Katan figure from your avatar. There is another divisive topic right there! :lol

It will be figure of the year. Everyone has the Boba bias :lol

I'll be getting that armored Boba fig as well though. More Mandos the better!

I mean the serum is a joke now. It has been used many times now and they can't come up with anything new. Pass the pipe to the next wannabe terrorist! Weak.

Now how else would you make Karli a dangerous villain? Would've been smarter if she actually outsmarted people. They just wanted a weak reason for her to go toe to toe with Bucky/Sam/Walker and no one is buying that. She is a good actor, but the role wasn't suited for her period. Forced casting. I've seen plenty of members ripping this too. Can't argue with logic.

These boards are for opinions. I thoroughly explain my opinions. I don't tell you your opinions don't matter nor to tell you to stop. That might be unbecoming some would say.

1) Sure, it is possible that the “Super Soldier Serum” angle is becoming overplayed. However it also would make sense that multiple people or organizations would be trying very hard to replicate that serum for a variety of reasons (some good and some bad). Particularly since the whole world is aware of the amazing things Steve Rogers was capable of, I think it is logical that there would be ongoing attempts to create more super soldiers.

That said, I agree with you that there were probably other ways that they could have made Karli a dangerous and possibly more compelling antagonist. I have never said that this show was perfect or beyond criticism. I have mentioned several things in this forum that I thought could have been done better/differently in this series.

2) You are right forums like this are about sharing opinions. However, I NEVER said that your opinion doesn’t matter. My comment was based upon your wording which suggested that the writers were “lazy” and chose the super soldier story line to shoehorn this particular actress into that role which is asinine unless you have actual verification of this from sources other than “plenty of others on this forum” who also disapprove of the decision to cast her. That is opinion, it is neither facts nor logic.

The fact that you have an opinion that is different than mine about a number of things is fine and not what I said was unbecoming. What I was referring to in your post was that it seems as though you have made statements of opinion as a fact (which didn’t make much sense) and you appear to be going out of your way to conjure up reasons to criticize or dislike the show and certain people involved with it at any opportunity in a manner that at times seems forced and petty.

Sass, amongst the many contested threads, you should know by now that we are on the same page. I just remember her outsmarting Bucky and Walker around the scaffolding in the last episode. I was sitting there and was like this isn't making any sense. I am really trying to forget what happened in the show to be frank about it.

TBH since Episode 5 broke me - the whole boat fixing and the ex tortured POW apologizing for insensitivity - not sure there were neurons capable of registering that much. It's like when a friend drags me back to this diner where the food made me sick before, but u wanna BELIEVE, coz it's the last show, and for sure there'd be something spectacular...

Too bad my remaining neurons pointed out this plan is really stupid, because major government representatives always have backups; maybe backups to backups; they'd just call a vote the next week from a more secure location. Wouldn't matter if the whole committee was taken out.

So the ex-super assassin getting duped and giving fatherly advice over the phone I guess was to thrill the tween girl crowd so they buy Bucky plushies. :pfft:

But, we did get new Cap looking like an angel a couple of times. A fig that will be impressive on display. And Zemo' s valet. :cool:

It's make believe guys. I remember a guy on a flying city fighting robots with arrows. There is also a guy dressed as a bat have difficulty fighting a guy dressed as a clown. None of this makes sense but IMO it's a lot fun :lol

Even though I did not care for the show, this is a glorious figure.

It's make believe guys. I remember a guy on a flying city fighting robots with arrows. There is also a guy dressed as a bat have difficulty fighting a guy dressed as a clown. None of this makes sense but IMO it's a lot fun :lol

Spending 400$ + on a fig MAKES it seriously real.:cool: Throw in a Bucky to go with, :horror

Could sell my CW Falcon which is up on the 'bay over $1000 new:horror; but think I'll sit this one out. If HT is smart they'll just release a Falcon version - I'd go for that.

Spending 400$ + on a fig MAKES it seriously real.:cool: Throw in a Bucky to go with, :horror

Could sell my CW Falcon which is up on the 'bay over $1000 new:horror; but think I'll sit this one out. If HT is smart they'll just release a Falcon version - I'd go for that.

That's tempting, especially if HT were to release the red & white costume Falcon. I won't sell mine either, but may look to see what CW Falcon is going for.

POed Sam Cap last night. Had to wait for a $25 coupon. Will probably pick up Bucky with the next coupon.

That's tempting, especially if HT were to release the red & white costume Falcon. I won't sell mine either, but may look to see what CW Falcon is going for.

POed Sam Cap last night. Had to wait for a $25 coupon. Will probably pick up Bucky with the next coupon.

High enough, it makes ya think.:cool:

But I don't buy figs to sell; and I like both my Falcons. Plus they have guns; the first scenes of Falcon flipping his guns out were badass *warm fuzzies*. Don't think I could make myself sell, unless it was an emergency. Or someone offers 2000$ for a used fig:cool:

Yup... power levels are all over the show. I also struggle a bit with non serum users having such precise control over the shield, vibranium or not. Although I suppose Hawkeye does pretty incredible things with his arrows and he's not powered in any way.

Still, remember in TWS when Nat clearly had met her match? and Sam also was clearly in in a tier below, struggling with a non-suited Rumlow. That movie set the bar that Steve and Bucky are a tier up here (not only in strength, but skill), and everyone else, even Black Widow who is the most skilled non-powered human in the MCU at that point is down there..

Yup... power levels are all over the show. I also struggle a bit with non serum users having such precise control over the shield, vibranium or not. Although I suppose Hawkeye does pretty incredible things with his arrows and he's not powered in any way.

Still, remember in TWS when Nat clearly had met her match? and Sam also was clearly in in a tier below, struggling with a non-suited Rumlow. That movie set the bar that Steve and Bucky are a tier up here (not only in strength, but skill), and everyone else, even Black Widow who is the most skilled non-powered human in the MCU at that point is down there..

Good point, Steve and Bucky are both incredible fighters. Their superior fighting skills were also clearly evident in Civil War.

Cap 4 announcement and those damn Buick commercials got me more interested than the final episode did with this costume, so I'm in on this guy:lol

Costume is about as campy as Avengers 2012 Cap's though, which makes it fine for a toy, but I'm hoping they mute the bright all that bright white for Cap 4. But I'm glad Marvel's owning that condom face head wrap thing, so there'll be no excuse for Gambit to be wearing one when they get to the X-Men:lol

Cap 4 announcement and those damn Buick commercials got me more interested than the final episode did with this costume, so I'm in on this guy:lol

Costume is about as campy as Avengers 2012 Cap's though, which makes it fine for a toy, but I'm hoping they mute the bright all that bright white for Cap 4. But I'm glad Marvel's owning that condom face head wrap thing, so there'll be no excuse for Gambit to be wearing one when they get to the X-Men:lol
You're assuming Gambit even makes it into the MCU in our lifetimes. I hope he does, but you never know.

With all the nostalgia casting going on with the multiverses, I wonder if Taylor Kitsch has a shot at reprising the role? Probably not, but Lord knows his career could use the shot in the arm. :lol

Well, as long as it's not Channing Tatum I'm in...

You're assuming Gambit even makes it into the MCU in our lifetimes. I hope he does, but you never know.

With all the nostalgia casting going on with the multiverses, I wonder if Taylor Kitsch has a shot at reprising the role? Probably not, but Lord knows his career could use the shot in the arm. :lol

Well, as long as it's not Channing Tatum I'm in...
Please NO to Taylor Kitsch and an even BIGGER NO to Channing Tatum lol.

I think this is a bit over the top for me but if this was going to be in captain america 4(or are we on 5 now?) I would get it.

Back