Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s actually funny how similar the two sculpts are if you overlap them with one another. The biggest difference being the HT version having a more wide eyed, relaxed brow expression, where’s INART went for the more furrowed brow look.

Something about the eyes on HT’s version creeps me out though and not in a good way. Probably from the PER eyes staring straight, which never looks good on another figure with them.

Overall though the facial structure between the two is actually almost identical.

kaElkNw.jpg
Its almost as if both companies took scans of the same character.. whowouldathunk..

Its almost as if both companies took scans of the same character.. whowouldathunk..
Scans of what? You think a random custom artist has 3D scans of Heath's face..? What scan was Hot Toys working off of when they made this? :lol Maybe Howard took the scan, was drunk one night and beat it with his ugly stick.

AgmVSTb.png

It’s actually funny how similar the two sculpts are if you overlap them with one another. The biggest difference being the HT version having a more wide eyed, relaxed brow expression, where’s INART went for the more furrowed brow look.

Something about the eyes on HT’s version creeps me out though and not in a good way. Probably from the PER eyes staring straight, which never looks good on another figure with them.

Overall though the facial structure between the two is actually almost identical.

kaElkNw.jpg
Needs more red lines to really help Wor-Gar see the similarities.

Scans of what? You think a random custom artist has 3D scans of Heath's face..? What scan was Hot Toys working off of when they made this? :lol Maybe Howard took the scan, was drunk one night and beat it with his ugly stick.

AgmVSTb.png
I actually bought this and cope that it’s a damn good looking figure even tho it’s not as good as the ones that came after I still like it because it was Covid and proud to get lol 😂

AgmVSTb.png

Remember fellas, according to Chan, this 1/4 joker and every 1/6 joker produced by HT was used as reference material by InArt.

….yknow what?? They absolutely used those figures as reference…as in what NOT to do.

Something about the eyes on HT’s version creeps me out though and not in a good way. Probably from the PER eyes staring straight, which never looks good on any figure with them.

kaElkNw.jpg

That HT figure looks creepy AF.

AgmVSTb.png

Hot Toys obviously referenced a potato for that one :lol

There are life casts of Heath's face that have made it out of the studio. I expect the detail wouldn't be super amazing after being cast so many times, but they are available online. It would be a good, solid base for a sculptor to reference or scan.

Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 13.02.44.png

Looks like there will be a few Artisan Jokers on preorder at Sugo, but no price yet and its some kind of lottery. Idk, maybe the sculpted is really a way to go. At least if I knew, that HT will make some changes, less hair, more accurate hairline, but im not sure if I want to spend insane money + tax + shipping for something that may be more hairy than my a*s:dunno

Remember fellas, according to Chan, this 1/4 joker and every 1/6 joker produced by HT was used as reference material by InArt.

….yknow what?? They absolutely used those figures as reference…as in what NOT to do.

Where was Chan qouted in saying that?

Back