Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New HD photo of the HT sculpt. The detail is incredible.

1691348057038.png

Last edited:
0461363C-F9BC-4F0C-ADF3-AEDCC21A6357.jpeg

Quick edit from the photo from this forum.. Tried to line em up as they’re different focal points. This 100% screams Ledger for me. End of the day it depends what expression what you’re going for. But I’m loving this sculpt a lot. Even the strands look very detailed I’m impressed.

Now we hope and pray they can deliver something similar to the final product.

View attachment 654438
Quick edit from the photo from this forum.. Tried to line em up as they’re different focal points. This 100% screams Ledger for me. End of the day it depends what expression what you’re going for. But I’m loving this sculpt a lot. Even the strands look very detailed I’m impressed.

Now we hope and pray they can deliver something similar to the final product.
Idk...the eyes look like they're sunken in way too deep...

Now that we know they outsource and use digital prints, I see no reason for them to not include a smiling headsculpt.

This is also one of Lu1yo314’s pieces,

View attachment 654423

Please, no more serious Ledger Joker. Do something different.

Batman is the serious one, Joker is a clown.
What’s even more of a shame is that Lu1yo314 also has an interrogation laughing sculpt done as well. They could have used both of these sculpts for the figure.

The laughing sculpt would have even been a nice call back to the DX11 alternative sculpt that they did. Much more crazy, expressive and would have even been a nice alternative sculpt for INART owners to get.

460083-IMG-7271.jpeg

the-dark-knight-interrogation-joker-laughing-s7zebihgjq22sc98.gif

It's definitely very interesting that for a character who is known for his constant and often maniacal laughing in comics, then Ledger who does his share of smiling/laughing in the movie, there are very few customs and even fewer official smiling/laughing sculpts around. I understand most (including myself) wouldn't want that as the main headsculpt, but it's definitely welcome as an additional secondary sculpt.

Last edited:
Probably because it’s a lot harder to sculpt such an expressive portrait.

That’s what is boring about all these Hot Toys and InArt sculpts. They lack that maniacal glee Ledger had.

“Why so Serious” indeed

Why does mp always have to soften up at all? why can't they put out the same sculpt? Would be nice if they would put out exactly what they tease in these photos.
sounds expensive. not for the casual/normal collector. each head would be going alone for 2000 or more if it was personally done by jc hong and resin

View attachment 654375View attachment 654376

This looks crazy good, I can’t decide to get rooted or sculpted. I think joker would always be best rooted. But then I’m not sure to pay $700 on popcollectibles for one figure that is crazy. It’s kind of a gamble because his hair can even be worse than the prototype..

Sculpted is amazing I have no problems with it, but it’s that or gamble for a great/terrible rooted joker.

I would like to hear your guys thoughts whoever bought sculpted/rooted because I can’t decide 🤣
I went for the rooted version because it's a limited edition and the rooted version allows you to to achieve a better likeness, with patience and perseverance. I have the rooted inart jokers and I think the rooted hair elevates the impact and presence of the figures.

I went for the rooted version because it's a limited edition and the rooted version allows you to to achieve a better likeness, with patience and perseverance. I have the rooted inart jokers and I think the rooted hair elevates the impact and presence of the figures.
I think I will settle for rooted I don’t mind futzing with the hair anyway. Thanks for the response a lot. I only see it on pop collectibles are they legit? Where did you get yours if I may ask.

Back