Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice way to almost ruin a $199 collectable figure.

Yup.

And browsing this thread off and on I've never seen a figure get so nickpicked to death.

HT took a 1:1 scale suit and almost replicated it to a T in 1:6 scale and people ^^^^^ed, photochop fan corrected and now are dremeling the hell out it.

No fun in any of that.

They wont be happy until they have a 1:1 scale of the suit and Bale in it, standing in a corner of their room. But then! the light will hit it wrong, the sun light hitting it will cause it to look too bright. He gets tired of standing so the torso area gets too baggy and they'll be out with the dremel!

What is perfection...

It's a polarizing figure. On one side you have the nit pickers, on the other side you have the HT defense force.

c'est la vie.

I will mod it, though. it doesn't guarantee instant and inevitable ruin of the figure.

I gotta tell you the BB figure doesn't look that great imo. I never liked that suit that much, it bunched up too much. This suit is the best approximation of the actual suit (which I saw at Arclight Films on a manequin based off of Bale's body) and it was a lot like the figure straight out of the box, very bukly gave him a big chested look.

In the correct lighting it looked like everyone wants it too, very slim and sleek. But in bright harsh light (not blues, grays and blacks) it looks like the actual figure. So stop nitpicking the suit, because I'll post my gigantic dissertation of a response on why the suit is the best and all the nitpicking is an insult to Hot Toys if you don't. I don't think anybody wants that.

I gotta tell you the BB figure doesn't look that great imo. I never liked that suit that much, it bunched up too much. This suit is the best approximation of the actual suit (which I saw at Arclight Films on a manequin based off of Bale's body) and it was a lot like the figure straight out of the box, very bukly gave him a big chested look.

In the correct lighting it looked like everyone wants it too, very slim and sleek. But in bright harsh light (not blues, grays and blacks) it looks like the actual figure. So stop nitpicking the suit, because I'll post my gigantic dissertation of a response on why the suit is the best and all the nitpicking is an insult to Hot Toys if you don't. I don't think anybody wants that.

Uh-Oh! That sounds like a warning, guys. You seem to be on the cusp of doing it anyway, so let it out. :rolleyes:

i agree with you dude...just let it out-

Yup.

And browsing this thread off and on I've never seen a figure get so nickpicked to death.

HT took a 1:1 scale suit and almost replicated it to a T in 1:6 scale and people ^^^^^ed, photochop fan corrected and now are dremeling the hell out it.

No fun in any of that.

what the hell are you talking about? no one has a problem with the accuracy of the suit, the problem is with the physique.

i agree with the other points of how anal/retarding the nitpicking is, but we're discussing his PHYSIQUE, not the accuracy of the suit.

bank robber joker ,and mark 1

Considering that neither are out.

It's a polarizing figure. On one side you have the nit pickers, on the other side you have the HT defense force.

c'est la vie.

I will mod it, though. it doesn't guarantee instant and inevitable ruin of the figure.

So because somebody likes something as is, means you're a fanboy... oh please.

I didn't buy something so I can start ripping the crap out of it.

So because somebody likes something as is, means you're a fanboy... oh please.

I didn't buy something so I can start ripping the crap out of it.

I didn't say that. Given the options, people will do what they want and as such will cater to their preferences. I think the figure could do with some modding.

If you buy it and like it as-is, great -- more power to you.

And "ripping the crap out of it" is hardly what modders are doing to the figure. It's along the lines of a figure repaint. I don't see people complaining when customizers post pictures of their repainted HT V1 Joker head. Or fixing the pocket watch chain on the figure. How about all those Sideshow SW figures that I've seen in the custimizing section that get complete makeovers? No one's complaining there that they're ruining the original figure.

It's all about perspective and preference.

And hey, we're all fanboys here. This thread is 200+ pages long. :lol

They wont be happy until they have a 1:1 scale of the suit and Bale in it, standing in a corner of their room. But then! the light will hit it wrong, the sun light hitting it will cause it to look too bright. He gets tired of standing so the torso area gets too baggy and they'll be out with the dremel!

What is perfection...

:rotfl Picture that, kidnapping an actor, forcing him to dress in his TDK suit while he's in tears wondering if he'll ever see his family again and then forcing him at gun point to "pose" in your corner and NOT say a damn word! :rotfl

Ah man I think I just pissed myself! "Hey ma, check out this new collectible I got today" :D

Christian Bale won't allow for you to kidnap him. He's Batman.

Well, at these prices, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect Bale to hand deliver the figure to your doorstep and hang out while sipping lemonade.

:rotfl Picture that, kidnapping an actor, forcing him to dress in his TDK suit while he's in tears wondering if he'll ever see his family again and then forcing him at gun point to "pose" in your corner and NOT say a damn word! :rotfl

Ah man I think I just pissed myself! "Hey ma, check out this new collectible I got today" :D

i lol'd good.:rotfl

ha...good one voorhees!!!! :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Bale wasn't thin at all ... he was same size he was at the end of the filming for BEGINS.

um.. NO. He WAS smaller.

https://www.femmefatales.com/?p=44

Bale dropped like 60+ lbs. for "The Machinist" going from about 185 to about 121. Bale says he gained 100 lbs. for "Batman Begins". He was around 220 lbs. and dropped to 190 lbs. for BB.

https://www.wizarduniverse.com/020108darkknightsetvisit.html

Bale, who didn’t put on as much physical muscle for “Dark Knight” as he did for “Batman Begins,” says the suit’s changes all go back to the story. “It’s part of the evolution and why he’s choosing a different suit,” admits the actor. “He wants to be able to move quicker.”

It's a known fact: Christian Bale was physically smaller in "The Dark Knight". The Suit in TDK was physically smaller even though it weighed 8 lbs. more than the BB suit. It was form fitting with 200 "armor" pieces over the body suit as opposed to the full rubber latex suit with sculpted muscles from BB. Both the actor AND suit were smaller in TDK.

um.. NO. He WAS smaller.

https://www.femmefatales.com/?p=44

Bale dropped like 60+ lbs. for "The Machinist" going from about 185 to about 121. Bale says he gained 100 lbs. for "Batman Begins". He was around 220 lbs. and dropped to 190 lbs. for BB.

https://www.wizarduniverse.com/020108darkknightsetvisit.html

It's a known fact: Christian Bale was physically smaller in "The Dark Knight". The Suit in TDK was physically smaller even though it weighed 8 lbs. more than the BB suit. It was form fitting with 200 "armor" pieces over the body suit as opposed to the full rubber latex suit with sculpted muscles from BB. Both the actor AND suit were smaller in TDK.

yeah i wanted to chime in on that. in TDK, bale wasn't as diesel as he was in begins, but he still was built. just not as big. as the fat kid in tropic thunders viral vid - "christian bale could so kick your ass".

Yeah that's what prompted me to say something too BrooklynWolf X. I kept seeing a lot of people stating that Bale or the TDK suit (or both) were the same exact size as in "Batman Begins". The fact is: that's wrong. And the actor + production people have stated as much since they unveiled the new TDK suit.

So when it comes to 1/6 scale figures, if you put the HT BB Batman figure next to the TDK Batman figure and they're the same size, that's wrong and not accurate. Period.

Stop making excuses (once again) for a mistake NOT made by YOU, but a company that you have absolutely no stock in. It's like people don't wanna accept the fact that HT made the TDK figure too big. It's laughable. Sometimes I think forums like this have company employees trolling to defend their products and mistakes.

It still looks like a cool figure, and it shouldn't really change your personal opinion on it. If you like it, you like it. Who cares. But why persist in defending it!? I don't get that. People did the same thing with the HT v.1 Joker until HT announced the BR Joker. I guarantee if the BR Joker WASN'T made by HT those same people would still be saying that the v.1 Joker was the "ultimate" version.

I don't know who's real or who's a company troll on here anymore!?

Yeah that's what prompted me to say something too BrooklynWolf X. I kept seeing a lot of people stating that Bale or the TDK suit (or both) were the same exact size as in "Batman Begins". The fact is: that's wrong. And the actor + production people have stated as much since they unveiled the new TDK suit.

So when it comes to 1/6 scale figures, if you put the HT BB Batman figure next to the TDK Batman figure and they're the same size, that's wrong and not accurate. Period.

Stop making excuses (once again) for a mistake NOT made by YOU, but a company that you have absolutely no stock in. It's like people don't wanna accept the fact that HT made the TDK figure too big. It's laughable. Sometimes I think forums like this have company employees trolling to defend their products and mistakes.

It still looks like a cool figure, and it shouldn't really change your personal opinion on it. If you like it, you like it. Who cares. But why persist in defending it!? I don't get that. People did the same thing with the HT v.1 Joker until HT announced the BR Joker. I guarantee if the BR Joker WASN'T made by HT those same people would still be saying that the v.1 Joker was the "ultimate" version.

I don't know who's real or who's a company troll on here anymore!?

agreed. while the TDK fig is awesome, it's not entirely accurate. which is why people are going to great lengths to alter it to make it more screen accurate. but many people would also go to great lengths to defend it. c'mon, we're spending over 150 bucks here for a TOY. of course the defense forces are gonna come out. think bout it, they were in full force with SSC toys...$60 a pop and they'd bite your head off if you look at their toy the wrong way, i can see where people that defend medi and HT are coming from.

as for the suit itself, what's giving people the impression that TDK suit is smaller is the lack of the "panther" neck.

imo, after these mods, TDK suit looks more accurate and significantly smaller than the BB suit. i said it before, it's not as sleek as the medi's ver, HOWEVER the fig still kicks tons of ass.

defense force, don't take the comments too harshly, it's still an awesome fig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back