Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1.jpg

Based on this image, I'd say the mod brings the waist in a hair too much. It doesn't look as horrid as the first pictures, but still has a slight corset look.

crap, i wonder what is "little glued" to what. this is making me reconsider modding it like him.

same.

if anything if the mod needs something glued, I'm just gonna suck it up and buy the Medicom version. i'd rather have something I like better, and the looks nicer in a nice, stoic pose, then something that's gonna bug me from any angle.

I imagine the chest has to be glued down. If you think about it, the chest piece has been built over the body with muscle and had been that way since assembled. Therefore it will have stretched outwards. If you dremel away, the chest piece won't suddenly fit to the smaller size body: you will have to glue it to keep it from springing back out.

I may try this mod as I think the results are great, think I will def do the neck mod. Can always buy another if I screw up and part out the pieces. Will see how he is in hand first and the cape is priority.

i think he did a great job with the mod, however, I love the out of the package figure AS IS and will not attempt something this daring. good luck to all that do and be sure to post pics!

man im having a lot of trouble understanding the translations, did he use a new body entirely, and is that why the shoulders look smaller? or is it just the chest/stomach area being skinnier that gives that effect? sorry i just cant make out whats going on in his explanation.

No. that black base body is what HT used for TDK w/ new modified shoulders which are smaller than the usual true type's very wide shoulders. (most likely what caused the wide/big look on the shoulder pad on the first few prototypes HT shown in the anime/comic festival, etc. )

In the modder's opinion, the smaller shoulders is a good improovement over the typical TT, but because of the smaller shoulder, the chest area looks huge w/ arkwardly shaped chest muscles. Compound that with 2 layers of armor creates a heavy and bulky batman in his opinion. That's why he dremel away the excess mass to slim down the upper torso. he dremel away the butt area because he wanted to add more posability where the legs can bend backward more.

The suit is then put back on with little dabs of glues around the rib cage area to make the suit look more fitting on the modified body. He mentioned he added some small pieces of paper/ plastic pieces on the area between the neck and shoulder area to create a more slant line, which also helped to make the neck look more natural and not so long.

if the abdominal part was a little thicker it would be great but right now im not feeling the mod as the hips stick out too much.

He definitely Modified the neck. From all the other pics I've seen there's no way you can get the neck that far forward without it. Every other pic with the head/neck tilted forward as far as it can go is nowhere near where the Modified one is. I actually have both my Wolf and P2 heads slightly off the neck post to get the head to tilt further down since they're displayed up high. I think it makes the head sculpt look better on this TDK Batman. More menacing imo.

man i wish the neck did that on its own right out of the box, i have always wanted to pose batman looking down, by the way, i think the batpod will come with an alternate cape as the ones displayed outside the toyhunters store on the batpod have a posed cape. I dont see how the regular cape would be able to be posed like that.

Easy, makes sense, but semi-limited in that you have to align the bar of the ball joint with that groove unless you make the whole neck wider at the rim.

Its in plain view right there, although i like the mod, you can clearly see he's taken too much from the stomach area ^ check the side. Bale is straight down, and his is concaved in like he's wearing a corsett
other than that, check it out, perfection!

I have to say, between the potential of a wired cape, and really liking it anyway, I'm getting very close to placing an order for the Batpod.

yeah he took to much out of the stomach and not enough out of the legs. i think he did it cause of his personal tastes . if you look at teh document of metal gear and check out raiden you will see they go out of there way to give raiden a female figure.

1.jpg

Based on this image, I'd say the mod brings the waist in a hair too much. It doesn't look as horrid as the first pictures, but still has a slight corset look.

Looks great except that waist is too thin as has been pointed out.

One other thing i noticed before but have not mentioned - the bat signal on the chest is far too big on the HT TDK bats, the medicom version has it in the correct scale.

Its a bit on the overly pointy side making it look big, but i can absolutely totally live with that when we are getting a figure that well done

Oh yeah absolutely, can't wait to get him, have him on order with goodshipped along with the batpod.

Still want to see more pics of the medi version, and see how the QC is on the production pieces. If the final version looks like the prototype, I think i'll be picking that one up too

I have to say, between the potential of a wired cape, and really liking it anyway, I'm getting very close to placing an order for the Batpod.

Go for it!! I've been second guessing my purchase of the Tumbler but the Batpod is a must-have!!!!! Would love to see your shots of the Batpod.

hmmm they are on the right track, but just taking too much imho.
Btw, is it just me, or does his Batman's eyes look crosseyed?
EDIT - that 3rd one looks ok

I can't figure out what this person did to theirs do to horrible translation. Something about filling the armor with paper to make it taller? but it looks much better...
20081002105627237.jpg.jpg

20081002105659849.jpg.jpg

ap_20081003123111452.jpg.jpg

20081002105638300.jpg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back