Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
_MG_5158.jpg

I'm convinced he modded the neck to allow more downward movement. Makes the cowl sculpt look SO much better.

Overall I think this looks pretty great. Cannot wait for some our Chinese speaking board members to help translate more.

Using Babelfish, it sounds like he did dremel around the neck, chest and ribs. Also sounds like he glued the rubber suit to the figure once it was in place. This was to prevent the belly from looking like a paunch.

Cannot wait to get more details and cannot wait to see what some of our members do with him.

Not sure if anyone has asked or confirmed this yet, do the "blades" on his gauntlets flip down like in the movie or is it just fixed in the position?

I worry about those, there are 2 rows on each gauntlet and if they're rubber then its fine. But if those are hard plastic, a "base jump" off the shelf and a bad landing could cause them to snap off.

how much does a dremmel cost? and can i get it at home depot?

The prices vary depending on the model. I bought my Dremel rotary tool for about $50 (50-piece set, but you can buy accessory kits with more pieces if you need). Dremel kits can be found at Home Depot and most department stores such as Walmart, Target, Meijers, etc.

Dremel website

that actually looks more atomicly correct, if you study muscles and stuff (which I don't) but I've read some info on them. and that actually looks more like a guys body. looks like love handles.

Sure, if the doctor added a male organ to that woman's body....:horror... I take it back, he's not Pear-Bodyman, he's Poochman, The Dark Shema- EDIT: Actually, shemale isn't the right word. POOCHMAN, THE DARK TRANSGENDER!

The prices vary depending on the model. I bought my Dremel rotary tool for about $50 (50-piece set, but you can buy accessory kits with more pieces if you need). Dremel kits can be found at Home Depot and most department stores such as Walmart, Target, Meijers, etc.

Dremel website

thanks dude. b4 Oct ends, i'll be stopping by home depot =D.

well i started translating the mod post but google translator is far from perfect so I gave up... here's what it gave me. anyone want to make more sense out of it, by all means go ahead, I'm tired.

OK, rough translation of the toy-world post with this mod thanks to google translate:

"DARK KNIGHT major transformation:
Finally. It took a lot of hard work to get this batman in hand. I looked at the photos before, and also asked a friend and found that there is too much upper body, too much chest, the waist is too fat, the feet are bad, and so on. to put it figuratively, after the first Not low-dup, to figure out just the whole feeling greatly reduced, and also to see the original animation festival with a great run out??

Link to the practice younger brother has always been and beliefs on the line .... there is always a big cargo system can be one hundred per cent and in the eyes of the End of suspected Bibi, asking for their people to Hutianqiangde, and so had no choice but to do so wild you , It is better to own ....!!??

This was done to the so-called new body and mostly on the upper part of the body

First, dismantle the whole figure, it is actually very easy to open. Be careful not to break it because it is just attached to a plastic shirt with a little glue....
002.jpg

The only advantage to the new body is that the shoulders are smaller
003.jpg

First is the chest, but the pecs are large and oddly shaped. The dark knight body is two-tiered, and with too much muscle, the whole upper body has too much mass
004.jpg

The second pomelo basket joints, the new wave in the basket of grapefruit plus top-old dead rubber feet, this old plastic wave to the old, is not, they are able to make a small break in two back legs, but on the new Not like a ..... hottoy do not want to have a figure-point, so solid Italian sealed the place??
005.jpg

Step two will greatly improve it .... but also some of the other changes, such as ribs on both sides to narrow it down, and reduce the mass of the back

I do not Dianpao to take place the entire plane, is the first basket of grapefruit after the plastic basket and part of the pomelo, which does not affect the appearance, as long as the plane did not go too much??
006.jpg

Then there is his chest, ribs, neck-and done ..... This is indeed a lot of work
0011.jpg

attention:
1. Horizontal shoulder too because a shoulder opened too silly, foolish to say a few words and then back into the channel, do not look like the best bars
2. Because the very back of the plastic shirt-song, so build very fat, I used to glue plastic shirt near the waist / rib area mount a paste ... but do not mount too .. as long as there is on the line can be a fan. ... This will not affect the appearance of multi-shirt out of the plastic could be adequate to the back, because the flexible-edge, not the appearance of influence, will not be behind a number of the old wild, but in front of the body has a lot of
3. Neck-plane when nutation degree of attention to it or not, not satisfied with the on again off the plane wearing a shirt that .... because it found nothing wrong after another down on the trouble
??

Finally, almost completed, a small photo on the shoulder in a hard object, such as paper or film, so that the shoulder and the chest has a gradient between?? .... so there is not such a long neck and will feel more natural

Finished product .... I am satisfied with what I've done today. When I have more free time I will fine-tune and repaint .... I didn't have much time to take pictures tonight, I hope tomorrow morning before work I will have a little time to take more photographs
_MG_5135-1.jpg

_MG_5134.jpg

ps I accidentally cut myself .... you don't want to get blood inside the body.... so if you want to do what I did to the figure, be more careful
_MG_5138.jpg

_MG_5137.jpg
"

Last edited:
ps this time because Graver for help, accidentally insert a knife in hand .... Quanyong such as blood inside the body to deal with as many as blood .... so if you want to do, we must be more careful
_MG_5138.jpg

Something was lost in translation there. :lol

Anyway, it seems that he applied some glue under the suit and on the body underneath. Not sure if I wanna do that.

it really add major poseability on the neck, when i get mine, i might try and do the same for the neck, as far as his other mods, hmmm..i may not have the guts to dismantle the fig to that extent...it looks like you need a ton of patience to do that..

:) nice work over all

man im having a lot of trouble understanding the translations, did he use a new body entirely, and is that why the shoulders look smaller? or is it just the chest/stomach area being skinnier that gives that effect? sorry i just cant make out whats going on in his explanation.

crap, i wonder what is "little glued" to what. this is making me reconsider modding it like him.

same.

if anything if the mod needs something glued, I'm just gonna suck it up and buy the Medicom version. i'd rather have something I like better, and the looks nicer in a nice, stoic pose, then something that's gonna bug me from any angle.

same.

if anything if the mod needs something glued, I'm just gonna suck it up and buy the Medicom version. i'd rather have something I like better, and the looks nicer in a nice, stoic pose, then something that's gonna bug me from any angle.

to be honest, i want both HT and Medi TDK bats. just based from proto images of medi's bats, he looks more sleek. but since he's coming out NEXT friggin year (why is that???), i can't wait and i want the HT ver.

HT's bats looks real good, and imo, he looks EVEN better after seeing these modded pics. smaller looking chest, that sleek look comes out more. but HT's design of the suit still doesn't look as sleek as medis. nice, but not as sleek. also, HT's ver will probably look better posed next to original suit bats and superman from SR, no surprise, considering they're all from the same company. but if medi's bats is bigger and taller than the usual medicom fare, then he should look fine standing next to all the HT's movie line.

it's amazing though, all this time i thought that HT sculpted the chest armor too big, but it turns out it's the stock body that's too big. hopefully taking him apart won't be too difficult.

anyway, having too many batmans isn't a bad thing, especially if they're all excellent.

I was actually considering modding the Batman Begins suit, by buying a black body stocking type thing, then cutting the suit into pieces and gluing it on - kind of like the Sovereign Studios Keaton Batman.

As for the DK suit mod I think the hips do look too feminine - maybe he should have bulked out the sides somehow.

I don't understand why he made him look like he's wearing a corset :confused: the regular off the shelf body looks better, his head angle is superb though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back