Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought the chest was too big, but it does appear smaller and slimmer in the pics of the modded Batman. I want to see more pics...

Did he do anything to the head? It looks great in the shots.

good angle to take a picture... and lighting coming from the right place...

Didn't someone say the head has a problem looking down, making it tough to create the po'ed look he has in that shot? If so, a head mod could have been done.

Yeah it does look like the head is tilted a bit lower than previously shown. I really hope that won't require a mod.

Yeah it does look like the head is tilted a bit lower than previously shown. I really hope that won't require a mod.

I believe it's the mod where they show a red line at the collar bone, likely the dremelled away some of teh base bod to allow the neck to move forward further.

I really want my figure now, I have a wait until Jan for the Batpod & Tumbler... Grrr... But I do like that guys mod. I do think the waist comes in too much but a sweet looking change all the same.

I believe it's the mod where they show a red line at the collar bone, likely the dremelled away some of teh base bod to allow the neck to move forward further.

You're probably right. I still can't discern a difference in the photos, though. Doesn't even look like he did anything to the collarbone.

Anyway, it's a great mod. I'm willing to say that I'd be happier if THAT arrived at my doorstep. Doesn't mean that I don't appreciate what HT's giving us, 'cause I do.

Looks like he ^^^^ed up when he started to dremel the sides of the abdomen. Wouldn't have done that if I were him, now it looks g.ay.

Agree. This is the other scene with the unexposed neck:
bw1.jpg

It really depends on the scene. In this scene he has an exposed neck.

picture1nb4.jpg

At least someone has done it, so we all know what to do now. I'll probably mod the neck area and the chest, that's it. The legs look fine to me as is.

At least someone has done it, so we all know what to do now. I'll probably mod the neck area and the chest, that's it. The legs look fine to me as is.

Yeah, I wouldn't do anything too drastic. I do think taking the dremel to the chest and neck makes it look better, but anything below the chest gives it a feminine look, especially with the hips.

The dremmeling of the chest and buttcheeks is what made it look like a woman. The legs, hips and stomach now appear bigger and disproportionate to the upper body. He probably stuck the dremmel up Batman's @$$ to create more movement but still an unnecessary step IMO. Instead of Batman, it's now Pear-Bodyman. Additionally, I really don't even see what cutting away the neck does. HT's TrueType already has a fantastic amount of motion and it looks like the rubber suit would determine movement anyway. The figure's gorgeous enough as it stands, just leave well enough alone.:rolleyes:

...then there's the whole aspect of potentially destroying a $150 action figure and possibly injuring myself in the process (which he did). He warns repeatedly about how fragile and easily torn the suit is.

yeah ... Nam, I'm going to have to agree with you gorgeous figure, but I wouldn't risk ripping/tearing or even removing the suit, it's just all sorts of stupid to risk such things happening.

Looks stretched.

LOL. Did he ^^^^ up his hand?

The shoulder area/chest looks better.

Last edited:
I think it looks better, not that I would try it though, the suit already scares me from regular posing.

Are certain people suffering OCD now...?

250 milligrams of Clomipramine for everyone who thinks that dremmeling the figure will fix the issue! :google This reminds me of those people who obsess over plastic surgery.

WARNING!!!
Your Batman figure could turn out like this:
plastic_surgery_disaster.jpg

Hehe.

Turn into Michael Jackson, so many changes it becomes badly disfigured! ¬_¬

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back