Hot Toys THE BATMAN -1/6 Batman / Batman deluxe / Batman + batsignal set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's really odd. They seem to go through these ups and downs when it comes to painting skintones. I think I mentioned this in another thread, but the current skintones are very reminiscent of the overly tan, flat and waxy skintones from around the time of the DX10, DX12, Sam Flynn and others during that period. They improved it for awhile, especially the eye decals, but now they seem to have regressed again for some reason.
Honestly I don't think they've ever had any good paint on their Batman faceplates except the DX09 and I own most of them.

IMG_4328.jpeg
IMG_4330.jpeg
IMG_4323.jpeg
IMG_4315.jpeg
IMG_4332.jpeg
IMG_4312.jpeg
IMG_4305.jpeg
IMG_4303.jpeg
IMG_4304.jpeg
IMG_4278.jpeg
IMG_4281.jpeg
IMG_4293.jpeg
It was a cloudy day a few days ago, so I decided to take some pictures of this! I usually prefer sunshine, but I figured I'd do something different for once 🤣
I only got a couple shots of the Batmobile as it started to rain (just some sprinkles, but I didn't want my Batmobile to get wet!). I actually wished it rained a bit more so I can get some shots of Batman in the rain, but sadly the sun came out and it barely rained enough to get the grass wet.

I'll be doing more pictures in a month or so, hopefully the trees are fully grown!

I have the inart version on preorder, so I won't be spending any money on a new collar for this, I'm fine with it as it is. Unless we get some custom capes, because I really don't like either of the capes this came with, which is usual for a hot toys Batman figure sadly.

View attachment 698816View attachment 698817View attachment 698818View attachment 698819View attachment 698820View attachment 698821View attachment 698822View attachment 698823View attachment 698824View attachment 698825View attachment 698826View attachment 698827It was a cloudy day a few days ago, so I decided to take some pictures of this! I usually prefer sunshine, but I figured I'd do something different for once 🤣
I only got a couple shots of the Batmobile as it started to rain (just some sprinkles, but I didn't want my Batmobile to get wet!). I actually wished it rained a bit more so I can get some shots of Batman in the rain, but sadly the sun came out and it barely rained enough to get the grass wet.

I'll be doing more pictures in a month or so, hopefully the trees are fully grown!

I have the inart version on preorder, so I won't be spending any money on a new collar for this, I'm fine with it as it is. Unless we get some custom capes, because I really don't like either of the capes this came with, which is usual for a hot toys Batman figure sadly.
Fantastic pics I was thinking on a new collar and some weathering on the suit but now that I have it in hand I don't really know if it needs it.

Overall Vengeance in hot toys format it's a fantastic figure (had to admit it) the paint job (weathering), proportions, details, accessories, head sculpt , everything it's very well detailed and executed in 1/6 scale 👌 probably this is the best Batman that hot toys have done so far.

My personal and only complaints are that the materials for the fabric (on the suit) looks a little bit to delicate and brittle, the cape it's like the cheap spinmaster Batman cape 😒 but with a wire and no gun in the standard edition.. wtf hottoys? Other than that I think it's a great choice even if you don't get the Inart batison.

Yes Inart it's on another lvl but what hot toys did here it's something we haven't seen in a long time and it's also thanks to the competition so for me everyone wins no Mather what ver. You get 👌

pic of mine out of the box vs some quick mods

Attachments

• PXL_20240420_095847883.jpg
    PXL_20240420_095847883.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240420_101556163~2.jpg
    PXL_20240420_101556163~2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240420_154310423~2.jpg
    PXL_20240420_154310423~2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Credit to Eric Lovato on facebook for posting this mod. He suggested using light coats of yellow acrylic paint to tint the led in the batsignal. I went a bit further and added an additional warming filter, cut to size, behind the glass. This helps balance the color and also gives the glass a warm tint when unlit. Altogether, still not as nice as InArt's, BUT I really like how the HT signal actually does cast a bat shape onto the wall, like a batsignal should. I'm not sure why Inart neglected to do the same.

IMG_4366.JPG

IMG_4357.JPG

I used a couple of cotton balls to give his upper torso more of a V-shape. A simple mod to address the boxy look. I removed the head, neck, collar, cape and chest armor and worked them under the suit from the neck opening. I cut the cotton balls in half first as it’s a tight fit. I think it’s an improvement.

IMG_4573.jpeg

I used a couple of cotton balls to give his upper torso more of a V-shape. A simple mod to address the boxy look. I removed the head, neck, collar, cape and chest armor and worked them under the suit from the neck opening. I cut the cotton balls in half first as it’s a tight fit. I think it’s an improvement.

View attachment 699036
I think this improves the look of this figure so much

I haven't really given that any thought. Also I think it would likely be more of mod than I'd care to do lol.
It’s pretty easy to get under the suit around the waist. Just drop the trousers and there’s a single stitch under the crotch that holds the bodysuit/top down. Snip this stitch, and further modding is easy. I did this to remove some bulk from his waist and it work well balancing his proportions.

The chest plate looks too small now. Looks like those big boobed ladies with small bikinis. Lol!
:lol

Maybe a bit but you could say that about the InArt figure too lol. I think part of it is the shoulder pads rode back a bit when I put him in that walking pose, increasing the gaps between them and the chest plate.

Screenshot of InArt figure from Jedha's comparison video:

Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 22-33-43 Sideshow Collectibles.png

It’s pretty easy to get under the suit around the waist. Just drop the trousers and there’s a single stitch under the crotch that holds the bodysuit/top down. Snip this stitch, and further modding is easy. I did this to remove some bulk from his waist and it work well balancing his proportions.
Gonna try that at some point

For those who have more than one custom collar, which one do you recommend ?

I'm probably gonna go for the one that osk have on preorder

Attachments

• PXL_20240420_154342433~2.jpg
    PXL_20240420_154342433~2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Okay I'm sure I'll get absolutely flamed for saying this, but I think when comparing to the InArt, just a few mods to the body shape, make a huge difference to the end result. I know not everyone likes to mod, so I understand the immediate preference to InArt. AND I'M NOT SAYING HOT TOYS IS BETTER! Just saying that, as someone who loves to mod any chance I get, I tend to judge a figure on it's potential. And with with a few mods the difference isn't as vast.

Plus, I do prefer the darker slightly shiny paint work on HT's armor. I feel like, without the benefit of film lighting and contrast, the InArt reads a little too matte and pebbled. But certainly that's just my own tastes.

When out of the box...

507511-Jedha-COMP-Hot-Toys-vs-InArt-4-20-24-3-.jpeg

With a little padding added and removed...

wert.jpg

IMG_4404.jpg

Those Inart fists are so weirdly sculpted. The HT ones look far more natural to me. And there's no depth to the mouth either.

Inart is certainly the better overall figure, but there are still some tiny details that bug the crap out of me. And make me still want to hold onto my HT figure even after the Inart comes in.

gdfggg.JPG

Okay I'm sure I'll get absolutely flamed for saying this, but I think when comparing to the InArt, just a few mods to the body shape, make a huge difference to the end result. I know not everyone likes to mod, so I understand the immediate preference to InArt. AND I'M NOT SAYING HOT TOYS IS BETTER! Just saying that, as someone who loves to mod any chance I get, I tend to judge a figure on it's potential. And with with a few mods the difference isn't as vast.

Plus, I do prefer the darker slightly shiny paint work on HT's armor. I feel like, without the benefit of film lighting and contrast, the InArt reads a little too matte and pebbled. But certainly that's just my own tastes.

When out of the box...

View attachment 699083

With a little padding added and removed...

View attachment 699084

View attachment 699086
I think this looks really good. A few questions:
  1. When you removed the padding in the waist area, did you need to take in the suit at the back to get that tapered V look? Also, any improvement in the articulation without that padding?
  2. Did you reattach the top in the crotch area (where you snipped that one stitch) or can you leave it loose?
  3. Did you add or remove any padding in the shoulder area? It may just be the addition of the cape but the shoulders seam to have more slope to them;
  4. Pursuant to Wor-Gar's earlier inquiry, did you remove any padding in the thighs to give the pants a looser/baggier fit?

Yeah all the InArt hands look a little to long and slender.

Those Inart fists are so weirdly sculpted. The HT ones look far more natural to me. And there's no depth to the mouth either.

Inart is certainly the better overall figure, but there are still some tiny details that bug the crap out of me. And make me still want to hold onto my HT figure even after the Inart comes in.

View attachment 699087

Back