Hot Toys THE BATMAN -1/6 Batman / Batman deluxe / Batman + batsignal set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw man, that’s too bad to hear. He definitely is a really great release from HT, and like a lot of folks, I’m definitely a little dissatisfied with their shenanigans as of late.
The SS delay on this is really frustrating, especially since they put out their unboxing video of it like a month ago.
Out of curiosity (not in an argumentative way at all), why did you dislike the movie?

Aw man, that’s too bad to hear. He definitely is a really great release from HT, and like a lot of folks, I’m definitely a little dissatisfied with their shenanigans as of late.
The SS delay on this is really frustrating, especially since they put out their unboxing video of it like a month ago.
Out of curiosity (not in an argumentative way at all), why did you dislike the movie?
I feel it also, it's one of the few releases I'm the most excited for but SS sucks with their delays if it doesn't arrive this month most likely early next month. But I haven't bothered to call and ask thier CS to see when we can expect it. At least mine is paid off so all that's left is $55 for shipping and fees.

I feel it also, it's one of the few releases I'm the most excited for but SS sucks with their delays if it doesn't arrive this month most likely early next month. But I haven't bothered to call and ask thier CS to see when we can expect it. At least mine is paid off so all that's left is $55 for shipping and fees.
Yeah, I totally get it. It’s not something I do often, but in this case, when I found out about SS delaying it, I was looking forward to the figure so much that I just decided I’d pay a bit extra and get him from HK.
It’s like, the least they could do is be upfront about the delay and let customers know what’s going on, or even hit people with a discount code or something.
I have a problem with instant gratification anyway, so I think I get extra frustrated by having to wait for things like that 😅

P1120621.jpg
P1120579.jpg

dont worry man

the movie was just to slow for me (probably cause am old) and a little bit borring guess I was expecting something better than the dark knight , tried to watch it like 3 times after the theater release but it just didnt grow on me

dont worry man

the movie was just to slow for me (probably cause am old) and a little bit borring guess I was expecting something better than the dark knight , tried to watch it like 3 times after the theater release but it just didnt grow on me

Yeah, I think the whole thing comes to a screeching halt after Alfred gets hospitalized and Bruce wanders around for a while. It never picks momentum back up.

The climax feels odd and studio mandated too - like they required there to be a big spectacle and fight scene.

I still like Pattinson as Batman and Dano as the Riddler, so I’ll get those two to display together, but I think that’s where my Reeves-verse segment of my collection will end permanently.

I feel the same way. I hated the third act. Once Alfred blows up and Nygma is arrested, the movie shifts. The high stakes of the Gotham river walls and flooding is just too much too soon for what was felt like a slow burn, small stakes, detective story. Didn’t like the abrupt direction it took. What I love about the movie is the opening, the direction they went with Batman, the vibe of Gotham City, the Halloween setting, and the tone of the world they created. Certainly enough to buy a toy of it since I love all things Batman. The only The Batman merchandise I have is the WB movie 6 pack figure by McFarlane and Batcycle.

As far as 1/6 goes, I have West, multiple Keatons, Kilmer, multiple Bales, multiple Afflecks so Pattison is a glaring omission if I don’t get him. I hate the movies Affleck starred in but thought his performance and suits in BvS were fantastic. I love those three suits (BvS, Armored and Knightmare). To not get Pattison seems like a crime since I like that suit and character.

I’ll wait and see what InArt does or the inevitable Hot Toys 2.0. Worst case, they make this first Hot Toys version cheaper and I can snag it for what I paid for the Sonar Kilmer. I have zero FOMO since Pattison is getting a second movie and he’s not going anywhere anytime soon.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think the whole thing comes to a screeching halt after Alfred gets hospitalized and Bruce wanders around for a while. It never picks momentum back up.

The climax feels odd and studio mandated too - like they required there to be a big spectacle and fight scene.

I still like Pattinson as Batman and Dano as the Riddler, so I’ll get those two to display together, but I think that’s where my Reeves-verse segment of my collection will end permanently.
agreed , also think Battinson did a fantastic job and the suit its a must in 1/6 format , in fact thats why I also wanted it, cause what hot toys accomplished with that figure, its just fantastic and I dont think we will see something this good without paying for a ridicule ... I mean Artisan edition.

Last edited:
You don't have to like a movie to like the character or the design in that particular film. I did like this film of course but I understand why the third act was lackluster. Though this batsuit design to me is one of the best we got. It screams lee bermejo style and my only hope is if they do change the batsuit for The Batman 2 it's not changed to much from this.

There was a lot I didn’t like about this film aswell. I feel like that big flood scene wasn’t necessary. Catwoman should have been developed better and given a better costume and it dragged in some areas. Also that joker tease was eye rolling at the end. Enough of him already.
Overall it has potential to be amazing. Just please put freeze or clayface or scarecrow in the sequel. Also don’t make it so grounded you don’t need to be super realistic with Batman all the time. I blame Nolan for the whole “Batman is better when he’s realistic approach” then you get crap like tdkr

Really interesting reading the varying perspectives here!

While The Batman (2022) could’ve been executed better in the third act, I have no problem with it and the direction of the story. I’m a simple man, I’m collecting all versions of Batman I grew up with starting with Bale’s.

In the end, the displays I hope to have:

• Begins suit
• TDK/R suit along with its respective Rogues (Joker, Two Face, Catwoman and Bane)
• BvS Batfleck main suit with Superman and Wonder Woman (BvS Trinity)
• Battinson Year 2 suit with Catwoman if a licensed company ever makes her.

If I can achieve this, I’d be done with my DC representation in the display.

I’ll chimes little on my thoughts on the film,
since I sort of prompted it, I guess 😂😅
I didn’t wanna totally derail the thread, but it think we’re in relatively safe waters as it were (no Gotham sea wall flooding puns intended).
I love movie, which isn’t to say I think it’s perfect, I can certainly differentiate between my subjective feelings and the objective material.
The scenes after the opening with Riddler, the whole sequence with Batman’s V.O. building up to him confronting those goons at the train station is pitch perfect Batman. That’s most Batman scene we’ve ever seen on screen, in my opinion. You could cut that scene from where it starts until you see Batman step out of the shadows, and people would have thought that was the best made Batman fan film ever done.
It IS a slow movie, I can’t disagree with that, but I personally love it because being a detective like that something's we haven’t seen Batman do on film before.
At this point in the story, he has no interest in being Bruce Wayne, he’s completely driven to only be out there being Batman. We see him go to the funeral as Bruce, but he tell Alfred that he’s doing it to work the case. So rather than Batman being an alter ego of Bruce Wayne, this fim presents us with opposite- Bruce has become a costume Batman puts on. And he’s still early in his career. Through the course of the movie I think he learned some valuable lessons that we’ll
see in part II.
I’m okay with not getting a real kind of Catwoman suit in the movie, the whole basically acts as an origin for to become Catwoman, so it makes sense that she wouldn’t have one yet.
There’s always a lot of talking (I haven’t seen any here yet, thankfully) about him tanking to many hits, but it’s totally possible with new ballistic armor technology, just really expensive. But he can afford that 😂
It DOES slow down a little towards the end, but that didn’t bother me as much as the scene with “the joker” did. That I couldn’t have done completely without, other than it gives us a little closure on Riddler’s story. That could still have been done a different way, because im seriously Jokered out at this point. No more, please.

I’d be so psyched to see Hush as a villain in the second one. Or a more deep cut like Mr. Szasz.
I just want to see more grounded takes on the villains and have them lean more into crazy serial killer territory than Jim Carrey doing shenanigans in green tights. And please Matt Reeves, I know you’re reading this, please don’t have the villain dance around. I can’t even take The Joker seriously anymore after realizing that 80% of that movie is just Joaquin dancing.

Something must be going on with all the delays, yet many people have therm in hand. Second batch improvements...?
This is all pretty standard. Some people have already gotten them from overseas, while Sideshow typically gets theirs from Hot Toys about 6 weeks after the asian market release.

Paid mine off and haven't seen anything about movement with Sideshow. If anything it will most likely drop next month, again it sucks the majority of us have to wait on them while others are already posting their figures online. It's definitely normal but when it's something you really want in hand the wait becomes irritating.

This is all pretty standard. Some people have already gotten them from overseas, while Sideshow typically gets theirs from Hot Toys about 6 weeks after the asian market release.
You don't say :rolleyes:

I've been in the game long enough to know that. I was referring to people receiving theirs here in the states not necessarily from Asian retailers directly.

Back