Hot Toys THE BATMAN -1/6 Batman / Batman deluxe / Batman + batsignal set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time to get to work.

IMG_7550.jpeg

The plastic finish on the mouthpieces make it look like he's always sweaty or has oily skin under certain lighting. They could have toned down the glossy finish on it.

This Batman was almost certainly always sweaty, as well as unwashed, rain-soaked, and stinky AF.

I'm sure majority of the characters are sweaty and grimy a lot of times but do we really want that oily skin finish on the toys as well? They could have toned down the gloss. If the goal was rain soaked, the costume should also look like it. The mouthplates just come off looking like cheap plastic IMO.

Awesome work on the figure, Cap’n.

How’d you get the suit open to pad certain areas? Is there a zipper that makes it easy to do, or did you have to cut the whole back open then stitch it up?

Awesome work on the figure, Cap’n.

How’d you get the suit open to pad certain areas? Is there a zipper that makes it easy to do, or did you have to cut the whole back open then stitch it up?

Thanks so much. Oaty gave me his insight on how he did it.

The pants are attached to the shirt with one stitch on either side. If you snip this then you can get the pants off. The shirt is then attached underneath the crotch to the back of the shirt with a spandex material. This needs to be cut in order to lift the shirt. Then you can get underneath the spandex bodysuit and remove as much padding as needed. I did the waist and the crotch. I then restitched the spandex attachment of the shirt underneath at the crotch and also threw a stitch in the back of the shirt once I had pulled it tight, to pinch the excess fabric and slim the torso.

I only padded the traps under the collar and the shoulder pads, so they are outside of the actual clothing.

Weathered it up a bit and double sided tape the cape at the shoulder pads so it fits flush. There’s almost no weight to it which means getting it to hang naturally is a nightmare.

Last edited:
Thanks so much. Oaty gave me his insight on how he did it.

The pants are attached to the shirt with one stitch on either side. If you ship this then you can get the pants off. The shirt is then attached underneath the crotch to the back of the shirt with a spandex material. This needs to be cut in order to lift the shirt. Then you can get underneath the spandex bodysuit and remove as much padding as needed. I did the waist and the crotch. I then restitched the spandex attachment of the shirt underneath at the crotch and also threw a stitch in the back of the shirt once I had pulled it tight, to pinch the excess fabric and slim the torso.

I only padded the traps under the collar and the shoulder pads, so they are outside of the actual clothing.

Weathered it up a bit and double sided tape the cape at the shoulder pads so it fits flush. There’s almost no weight to it which means getting it to hang naturally is a nightmare.

Thank you a ton! Saving this to my notes for whenever mine arrives. :duff

I have a question if we got an accurate custom cape for this but it cost around $100 or so would anyone bite? This is what I was told and it that it's not feasible because again only will make a 3% difference to the HT one.

I have a question if we got an accurate custom cape for this but it cost around $100 or so would anyone bite? This is what I was told and it that it's not feasible because again only will make a 3% difference to the HT one.

If it has weight and drapes well I would be completely in.

I actually agree with this. I prefer video reviews from guys like I am Toys where they show case the figure and talk about it.
That's why I love Dean's reviews. All the focus on the figure.

Beats 10 minutes of box art and accessory talk before we finally get the figure 'straight up and down' in the light box. :lol

If it has weight and drapes well I would be completely in.
I can agree I think for those who want a drape cape it makes sense. I'm sure a full wired one is also possible. Idk why HT bothered making both capes that come with the figure wired if in the end you can't get it to look right.

I can agree I think for those who want a drape cape it makes sense. I'm sure a full wired one is also possible. Idk why HT bothered making both capes that come with the figure wired if in the end you can't get it to look right.

The ‘main’ one is only wired down the sides but agreed.

I may remove the wires on the main one tomorrow.

The ‘main’ one is only wired down the sides but agreed.

I may remove the wires on the main one tomorrow.
That's what I did with my S2 Mando cape but at least that can drape fine. This cape although uses the correct material is missing the inner lining that is like silk I feel if it had been made that way, the added weight could have helped.

View attachment 683482View attachment 683483

I will say; the cape is a POS. Hope someone offers a custom one that drapes better.
WOW, man. Honestly, that looks spectacular. 👏🏻 well done.

Also, as a fellow tamiya weathering kit enthusiast, I just found this out and wanted to share- apparently they’re literally just soft pastels. So you get essentially the exact same effect and more colors by just buying a set of pastels. I just tried it the other day on a gunpla and I can confirm.

That's what I did with my S2 Mando cape but at least that can drape fine. This cape although uses the correct material is missing the inner lining that is like silk I feel if it had been made that way, the added weight could have helped.
I don’t have mine in hand yet, but I was thinking about the lining and figuring out something to put around the hem between the layers of fabric to act as a weight to weigh it down and get a better natural drape.

Back