Hot Toys THE BATMAN -1/6 Batman / Batman deluxe / Batman + batsignal set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New body mod image found on FB.
img_1_1702779537447.jpg

I imagine more mods to come from other custom artist. I'll post more images as they come. Really hope SS gets their stock soon, most anticipated release next to InArt Bats.

Looks really good in that review @Jedha Patrol! I do wonder why the Bruce Wayne sculpt is tough to fit in properly. Personally I’m getting the InArt but part of me kind of wishes I had gotten this one too.

I think it's inaccurate to use the neck collar for the unmasked sculpt. Since he's removing the entire cowl it's attached to the neck portion. Maybe that would help with the making the unmasked sculpt fit better. Also @Jedha Patrol the smaller tubes that go into the front pouches aren't flares, they are adrenaline stims he uses one at the end of the film when he's winded and needed to get back up to save Selena from a riddler goon.

The Batman looks like a great fun release from the reviews and photos I've been seeing lately.

I still trust in HT to deliver, they've been around the longest and are usually on time. Like this year alone they've released like what, maybe close to 80 figures and maybe like 4 or 5 have been kind of duds, then a handful that were just ok, but the vast majority have been great.

They never fixed this:
CWu5QZ6.jpg

So when he looks up, theres a gap:
G6kA9Wr.jpg
They should never have done that. The cowl an the neck should be one unified piece. Like in the empty cowl they include.

In the movie, when he looks up, he tilts his neck and torso back. Because he hasn't that neck range of motion.

the-batmans-revealed-budget-makes-it-one-of-the-cheapest-dceu-movies-001.jpg

They followed the DX19 solution. Maybe because of the PERS system, or posing him on the bike, or both... But perhaps they should have tried other options, like taking advantage of the stitches in the back of the cowl to make a flap, almost like they do with his hair in the unmasked sculpt.

Anyways, now it is what it is...

The Hot Toys one is really good. I kinda want it in addition to my IA PO. At this point, I’m losing track of what is the clear winner in terms of accuracy. Overall body proportions and realism goes towards IA, but certain suit details I gotta give it to HT.

The Hot Toys one is really good. I kinda want it in addition to my IA PO. At this point, I’m losing track of what is the clear winner in terms of accuracy. Overall body proportions and realism goes towards IA, but certain suit details I gotta give it to HT.
Inart still haven't yet shown or reveal the release window but i'm excited to see the final result.

They never fixed this:
CWu5QZ6.jpg

So when he looks up, theres a gap:
G6kA9Wr.jpg
That's something they probably couldn't find a solution to without changing the sculpt/mouth piece completely. Not a big deal for me as I'll have him mostly looking straight our down.

I think InArt wins on the general proportions and unmasked Bruce sculpts (HT’s Bruce has a good likeness as well but IA did the cheekbones/expression better imo) while Hot Toys has the better cowl. Materials-wise it’s tough because IA’s suit definitely feels more harmonious and has a sharper ab section but it does look a little flat compared to HT.

I don’t think you can really go wrong either way. From what I’ve seen they both look great, although I hope InArt fixes the eyes on theirs. I’m impressed by the final product Hot Toys was able to achieve.

Has anyone seen any pictures of this guy with his unmasked head on without the cape? I don’t think I’ve seen one like that yet.

Last edited:
Back