Hot Toys THE BATMAN -1/6 Batman / Batman deluxe / Batman + batsignal set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the standard version also have the different face plates for the stand? It says "graphic cards" in the description, but they are not on the pictures like for the Deluxe version. I mean those things:View attachment 565845

The standard version has the base card...

1646758191863.png

Does the standard version also have the different face plates for the stand? It says "graphic cards" in the description, but they are not on the pictures like for the Deluxe version. I mean those things:View attachment 565845
I'd say only the deluxe has the other plates as it enables the rectangular base to be integrated into the deluxe base making it larger. (see bottom pic)

babases.jpg

Weird call out on the "personality" divide since Pattinson's batman and wayne literally act the same. It's wonder how no one figures out who he is.

Cheesy ass monologue at the end and angsty "you're not my dad" tropes to boot.

That isn't to say I hate the Pattison Batman though, probably my third favorite.
That's my one complaint with Pattinson's Bruce wayne, he's too much like he's alter ego...along with being too damn miserable. He has issues and along with the same voice and the same distinctive jaw line, who hides away as a recluse...he's a pretty obvious guess on being the Batman.
I prefer the more slightly arrogant, wealthy playboy persona to Wayne. One who comes across as having too much fun to ever give a **** on fighting crime, nevermind dressing up as a Bat.

That's my one complaint with Pattinson's Bruce wayne, he's too much like he's alter ego...along with being too damn miserable. He has issues and along with the same voice and the same distinctive jaw line, who hides away as a recluse...he's a pretty obvious guess on being the Batman.
I prefer the more slightly arrogant, wealthy playboy persona to Wayne. One who comes across as having too much fun to ever give a **** on fighting crime, nevermind dressing up as a Bat.
Always unfair to pull up the animated series, but Conroy’s Bruce is just so affable, charming, jovial, and upstanding that nobody suspects he’s a brooding, vengeful crimefighter. Watching him slip between the two is always so much fun.

I hope Pattinson gets to do some of that later on. He’s a great Batman, but his “mask” of Bruce is not fully realized.

I would also like to know if the standard version will be getting this backdrop.

Scratch that! I’d like to know if Hot Toys will include a bigger version of that explosion backdrop for the Bat-Chevy.

That would be a game-changer move.

How'd you get it at $648? That's the price without GST. Did you use pennies to get 10% off?
Must have, I just plugged in my 10% off coupon and that’s my total. Only place I can find cheaper is TW but with a statement like 30-90 days shipping and everything else going on think I’ll stick with local.

I would also like to know if the standard version will be getting this backdrop.

Scratch that! I’d like to know if Hot Toys will include a bigger version of that explosion backdrop for the Bat-Chevy.

That would be a game-changer move.
I think the backdrop is deluxe exclusive, I meant these little cards which can be put on the stand to replace the red logo, so to say the floor on which the figure stands. The deluxe hast two extra „floor“ faceplates but I could find nothing in the description, except the „graphic cards“ which is listed for the standard version aswell.

I'd say only the deluxe has the other plates as it enables the rectangular base to be integrated into the deluxe base making it larger. (see bottom pic)

View attachment 565850
Makes sense, but only for the concrete looking face plate. Guess we’ll have to wait.

Okay, I loved the movie and is a tie in my eyes with 1989 Batman that I saw when I was ten and also love. I'm now sucked in and ready to preorder this figure. Does Sideshow still double-box if you request it? I haven't ordered from them in almost four years, my last figure from Sideshow was 1979 Ripley.

EDIT: Ah, I see it now on their site. Kewl. I hope they release the Batbike!

Last edited:
How'd you get it at $648? That's the price without GST. Did you use pennies to get 10% off?

Must have, I just plugged in my 10% off coupon and that’s my total. Only place I can find cheaper is TW but with a statement like 30-90 days shipping and everything else going on think I’ll stick with local.

Yes, sorry. I had intended to say “after my usual discount” in my post.

The price isn’t too bad, but unfortunately we’ll probably be getting it 3-6 months after TW.

Weird call out on the "personality" divide since Pattinson's batman and wayne literally act the same. It's wonder how no one figures out who he is.
Danger- Movie discussion below.

I don’t think it’s a valid criticism to point out the lack of a divide between the Batman and Bruce personas because it was clearly intentional.

He’s still in his developmental phase as Batman and hasn’t even considered that he could be anything more than a boogie man to the criminal element. Bale knew early on he needed to become a symbol- Pattinson is only just beginning to understand that hope can be more powerful than fear and vengeance.
He’s so focused on just being Batman (his true self) that he sees no purpose in playing the part of Bruce Wayne, maintaining the company, his own well-being or leaving the house for anything unrelated to being Batman. They address this several times in the movie- most obviously when we first meet Alfred.

It’s an obvious character arc that’s being set up so Wayne can continue to learn and develop in multiple areas until he becomes what we all ultimately understand Batman to be.
When he realised that Bruce Wayne was his best route to Falcone, there was a very distinct change in his body language and stance. He wasn’t projecting the physical confidence or intimidation like when he’s in the suit. He was practically holding himself and coming across as meek and vulnerable. Definitey not someone you’d confuse for being The Batman.
I think it also showed just how emotionally vulnerable this Batman really is which is something I’m really looking forward to them exploring. His world was rocked by a troubling revelation and he basically reverted back to being a little boy.

Danger- Movie discussion below.

I don’t think it’s a valid criticism to point out the lack of a divide between the Batman and Bruce personas because it was clearly intentional.

He’s still in his developmental phase as Batman and hasn’t even considered that he could be anything more than a boogie man to the criminal element. Bale knew early on he needed to become a symbol- Pattinson is only just beginning to understand that hope can be more powerful than fear and vengeance.
He’s so focused on just being Batman (his true self) that he sees no purpose in playing the part of Bruce Wayne, maintaining the company, his own well-being or leaving the house for anything unrelated to being Batman. They address this several times in the movie- most obviously when we first meet Alfred.

It’s an obvious character arc that’s being set up so Wayne can continue to learn and develop in multiple areas until he becomes what we all ultimately understand Batman to be.
When he realised that Bruce Wayne was his best route to Falcone, there was a very distinct change in his body language and stance. He wasn’t projecting the physical confidence or intimidation like when he’s in the suit. He was practically holding himself and coming across as meek and vulnerable. Definitey not someone you’d confuse for being The Batman.
I think it also showed just how emotionally vulnerable this Batman really is which is something I’m really looking forward to them exploring. His world was rocked by a troubling revelation and he basically reverted back to being a little boy.

Very well said, I thought it was apparent that this is the arc they were doing with Bruce, but some of my friends were confused on why he was so "emo." It is a different take for sure, but I'm sure we'll get bachelor and humanitarian Bruce Wayne in the future.

Alfred, Gordon, Selina and hopefully (fingers crossed), Dick Grayson, will show him, that Bruce Wayne can be a symbol for this city as well and that he can do good without the cowl.

Has anyone seen this? The comments say not available in the States? Looks a bit under scaled.

Back