Hot Toys - TF001 - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bought a MP-01 Prime black ion blaster on ebay, hopefully it scales well with TF001. Not a big fan of the generic rifle that comes with the TF001.
Not too familiar with all the TF toys but the 2004 20th Anniversary Prime IS an MP-01 right?

I would double check that my friend I just looked on bbts and I'm fairly confident that they do not offer the Ex version. It's the Starscream but not Ex.
It is nowhere in the description and it mentions nothing about Starscream's head. I just don't wanna see you miss out

I'm not going to back out at this point. I ordered it from my friend's comic shop who gets them through Sideshow. I didn't see a non-Ex on Sideshow's site, so I figured I would be safe. We'll see in a few weeks! I can always buy a 2nd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bought a MP-01 Prime black ion blaster on ebay, hopefully it scales well with TF001. Not a big fan of the generic rifle that comes with the TF001.
Not too familiar with all the TF toys but the 2004 20th Anniversary Prime IS an MP-01 right?

Yes. They changed the paint on the different editions. I think the 2004 is a brighter red, supposedly show accurate.

The MP-01 blaster rifle I bought from Ebay arrived today. It looks awesome and scales perfectly on TF001! Thanks guys for the suggestion. The rifle holding hands did need a bit of flexing to hold it at first because the figure is brand new but it eventually started to loosen up a bit. i tried the articulated hands but it did not have enough articulation to hold the rifle securely.

20746155389_729ba50f1c_c.jpg

20310316264_4282fda027_c.jpg

Yeah I still like the look of the old school G1 rifle better. Of course the Hot Toys version has great paint apps and weathering:

20744953918_52ac2bd183_c.jpg

So I put it the batteries in and my light up feature doesn't work :(

Can't be bothered to send the figure back to HK, but it's a bummer for sure.

I so wish HT would make a series building off this figure, and be clear about communicating their plans. I have all the G1 Japanese TT Masterpieces from MP10 on and am looking at buying in big to 3P to compliment them. Don't want to spend that money though if HT turns this into a line.

So three colors like I said.

There are 4 versions of the MP-01 gun

Takara MP-01/MP-04 - Grey plastic with silver/blue paint apps
Takara MP-02 Magnus - All black plastic
Hasbro 20th Anniversary - Black plastic with silver/blue paint apps
Hasbro Classics DVD - Blue plastic with silver/yellow paint apps

Best version is the MP-02 Magnus

So I put it the batteries in and my light up feature doesn't work :(

Can't be bothered to send the figure back to HK, but it's a bummer for sure.

Did you follow the instructions on the guide?

If yes, reverse the polarity of the placement of the batteries. I had the same problem following the instructions.

There are 4 versions of the MP-01 gun

Takara MP-01/MP-04 - Grey plastic with silver/blue paint apps
Takara MP-02 Magnus - All black plastic
Hasbro 20th Anniversary - Black plastic with silver/blue paint apps
Hasbro Classics DVD - Blue plastic with silver/yellow paint apps

Best version is the MP-02 Magnus

So 3 colors just like I said, grey, black and blue!

The MP-01 blaster rifle I bought from Ebay arrived today. It looks awesome and scales perfectly on TF001! Thanks guys for the suggestion. The rifle holding hands did need a bit of flexing to hold it at first because the figure is brand new but it eventually started to loosen up a bit. i tried the articulated hands but it did not have enough articulation to hold the rifle securely.

20746155389_729ba50f1c_c.jpg

20310316264_4282fda027_c.jpg

Yeah I still like the look of the old school G1 rifle better. Of course the Hot Toys version has great paint apps and weathering:

20744953918_52ac2bd183_c.jpg

Thanks for this. Definitely made my mind up I will only get this if I can source the Mp01 blaster too.

The ht one looks silly.

I can only find the KFC gun for the MP-10. That would be way too small. Unless I'm missing one for the MP-01.

Can anyone help me out by linking a site that may sell the MP-01 Blaster...I can't seem to find one on eBay....thanks for any help...:)

Can anyone help me out by linking a site that may sell the MP-01 Blaster...I can't seem to find one on eBay....thanks for any help...:)

I think they pop up from time to time. But I currently can't find any on ebay. The guy I bought the rfile from had 3 of them for sale but they're all gone now.

Back