Hot Toys - TF001 - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cancelled mine =( I just wasn't feeling paying near $400 for a Hot Toy that still hasn't confirmed there being any other characters releases in the line. And I figure that since there isn't an edition size that I can just pick this up later with no hassle.

I still can't believe they ripped off that base from Evil Superman lol....

I think it looks epic in the pictures. I'm looking forward to this arriving even more than Hulkbuster...and that's saying a LOT!

Hopefully I'm not building it up too much in my mind...only to be disappointed. But I'm just loving this thing. I don't get why others seem lukewarm to this...it seems amazing to me! Who cares if it can't transform, it's a poseable statue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for the pic bombardement! It's been a while since I was this satisfied with a figure. The only negative I can say is the weight. It feels light and plasticy. But its visual presence beats most of the figures in my collection! Now, all this guy needs is a Megatron figure. :)

Wish they made him die cast right off the bat... don't want to double dip if that's ever the case lol... but i already added him to my preorder so not much i can do about it now lol...

Sorry for the pic bombardement! It's been a while since I was this satisfied with a figure. The only negative I can say is the weight. It feels light and plasticy. But its visual presence beats most of the figures in my collection! Now, all this guy needs is a Megatron figure. :)

Just got my Prime in from HK. Great figure, love the weathering. But it does feel light and the legs feel a tiny bit wobbly if lightly shake him. Does yours do that too?

Also, mine did not come with the brown shipper, did yours? The seller mentioned that getting it from HT Hong Kong, not all items will have the shipper.

Just got my Prime in from HK. Great figure, love the weathering. But it does feel light and the legs feel a tiny bit wobbly if lightly shake him. Does yours do that too?

Also, mine did not come with the brown shipper, did yours? The seller mentioned that getting it from HT Hong Kong, not all items will have the shipper.

Yeah, the legs are slightly wobbly, but nothing that hampers stability. Overall I'd say the joints are quite tight. :) My package came with a brown shipper.

I just preorder this in hope there will eventually be a Megatron to pair with it.. just getting back into transformers, so this is a great piece to start with. Can't wait til this starts shipping

I just preorder this in hope there will eventually be a Megatron to pair with it.. just getting back into transformers, so this is a great piece to start with. Can't wait til this starts shipping

Just buy the Masterpieces.

At this price (as nice as it is) I don't see HT doing any more tbh. Also, MP's do transform!

optimus prime.jpg

optimus prime 2.jpg

Nice pics!

Is there a 1/6 scale version of Optimus Prime's G1 rifle that exists? Or maybe know of someone that can do a 3D printed replica of it? That would probably be my only nit pick of this figure.

Nice pics!

Is there a 1/6 scale version of Optimus Prime's G1 rifle that exists? Or maybe know of someone that can do a 3D printed replica of it? That would probably be my only nit pick of this figure.

Just search for a loose gun on eBay for MP01. I'm sure that will work.

Unfortunately the MP-01 gun is for some odd reason metallic grey. However, if you buy the trailer it comes with a black gun. I was thinking of purchasing the trailer as I believe it will look good next to TF001. :)

Just buy the Masterpieces.

At this price (as nice as it is) I don't see HT doing any more tbh. Also, MP's do transform!

I'd rather have the HT than MP. Or that's my thought at the moment, my HT Prime hasn't arrived yet. The MP figures are too small and cheap looking to me in comparison to the HT I currently own. And yes, I own pretty much the entire MP collection and over 100 HT. My favorite MP is still MP-01 based on the size, metal content and overall shelf presence.

If you were comparing HT to Soul of Chogokin, then I might see your point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back