Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got this delivered 2 days ago from SSC. Great figure unfortunately mine has a few QC issues. The rubber armor pieces are coming off in 3 diff places. Emailed SS and included some pics. Their response was that this appears to be the norm in comparison to the replacements that they have.

So my dilemma is do I keep the figure and hope no further damage occurs or return it for a full refund - leaving me with no fig. :gah:

I wonder if some type of glue may help. :monkey2.

Can't really see any pieces coming off in that pic? If they were back panels, it wouldn't bother me because they would be under the cape. Plus, the panels are destined to come off near the edges; they are only glued onto fabric and most are not flat. It's only natural they do.

View attachment 69862

This is why my EB BM > HT BM :)

Fantastic looking EB Bats!

I love looking at the details on the suit for this figure. However, the Enterbay one almost takes your breath away everytime you look at it. There is something just....perfect about it.

Its the eyes, the EB Batman has Bale's eyes while this still has bug eyes but they are deep set within the cowl giving the illusion of smaller eyes, similar to what they did with the DX11 Joker 2.0.

I was sure about that. Something I don't feel, he looks too much toyish to me ! Dont get me wrong that's a cool figure etc etc bla bla bla but i'm not impressed i think.

Totally agree looks very toyish to me to.

On the contrary.

HT 1/4 TDK Bats > EB 1/4

For me. Both are stock figure without any heavy modifications made to it. The EB's stock body really kills it for me, with the slight bow leg, ****ty joints, crappy belt and thrusting belly.

Yeah but what is your opinon on the cowl sculpt compared to EBs one Hydeous?

Last edited:
Fantastic looking EB Bats!

Thanks!!! He's the only figure in my collection that I like more and more with each day! Just so impressive and menacing! Don't get me wrong, still love my HT bats, but he's just lacking something that I can't quite put my finger on.... Maybe you're all right and perhaps he does look a little toyish?? Still glad to have both! :) Now just waiting for the NECA Keaton BM to arrive. He looks pretty awesome too and I think he will compliment the EB and HT nicely!

HT 1/4 Bats WAY better than EB 1/4 Bats......toy like? WTF? You guys must not have the same figure I have. EB Bats body inferior....HT body is superb in posing/proportions and articulation compared to EB.
EB figure is GREAT, no doubt but HT is PHENOMINAL

HT 1/4 Bats WAY better than EB 1/4 Bats......toy like? WTF? You guys must not have the same figure I have. EB Bats body inferior....HT body is superb in posing/proportions and articulation compared to EB.

Subjectif bro you're right too ;-)

Bro i always wanted to know what kind of pose will be the best and thanks to your picture, now I know :)

Thank you! He's pretty much just standing in a standard, museum pose. The cape is made from a thin spandex material that has enough weight to it that it falls perfectly. It's almost twice as long as the stock cape and just adds to his awesomeness :yess: I think you and I definitely share the same opinion regarding our EB bats :)

And I take back my comment about the HT version being toy like. I do admit that overall, the HT version is way better in regards to articulation/posing, is made of higher quality material and is overall a better package. BUT, I think HT isn't as true to the source material with their sculpts as EB is. They take too much creative freedom with their sculpts and add too many gimmicks (ex: PERS) that, granted, are kinda cool, but in the end can sometimes actually take away from the figure in regards to realism and accuracy. I think I like EB as a company more than HT because EB is still a smaller, inferior, up-and-coming company. They still have something to prove, and I feel their products reflect that (minus the QC issues). HT on the other hand is an established company, that has a lot less to prove, but a lot more to gain by just concentrating on cranking out tons of new figures, regardless of whether that means realism/accuracy suffers. That's why I felt "toy like" was initially a good descriptor for the HT batman. In the end, the HT bats is just not as accurate (to me) as the EB bats, and that's why it never seems real to me when I look at it, and is thus "toy like." So maybe I don't take back my initial comment after all :wink1:

Again, I still think the HT bats is an awesome figure, and still one of my favorite figures. I just prefer the EB batman more for the above reasons. This is not the truth, only my personal opinion. So please don't crucify me :peace

Not sure about the figure but the Cowl sculpt looks toyish with those big plastic bug eyes.

However, with the head tilted down it can look quite good as it minimizing the bug eye look, since the eyes are set back further into the cowl.

Last edited:
I can't wait to have my QS001. I don't give a frak as to which is better, and I don't care about what you people think of either figures. In a few weeks I'll have both, each a very good representation of the costumes from Nolan Batman movies, in glorious 1:4 scale. They may not be perfect on their own, but they would be perfect in my Batman collection and that's all that matters.

I can't wait to have my QS001. I don't give a frak as to which is better, and I don't care about what you people think of either figures. In a few weeks I'll have both, each a very good representation of the costumes from Nolan Batman movies, in glorious 1:4 scale. They may not be perfect on their own, but they would be perfect in my Batman collection and that's all that matters.

I'm with you. I love my qs001. Its definitely a grail piece of my collection. Other then the cape . This thing is awesome right out of the box. I have had mine for a little over a month now, and I still love to just stare at it when I'm in my man cave.

As far as the head looking toyish. Those pics posted about are in horrible lighting and a horrible angle so keep that in mind. I think any headsculpt in that lighting will look toyish. Even the all mighty EB batman. Lets be honest . When the qs001 is set up nice in natural lighting it doesn't look toyish what so ever IMO.

I'm with you. I love my qs001. Its definitely a grail piece of my collection. Other then the cape . This thing is awesome right out of the box. I have had mine for a little over a month now, and I still love to just stare at it when I'm in my man cave.

As far as the head looking toyish. Those pics posted about are in horrible lighting and a horrible angle so keep that in mind. I think any headsculpt in that lighting will look toyish. Even the all mighty EB batman. Lets be honest . When the qs001 is set up nice in natural lighting it doesn't look toyish what so ever IMO.

While I agree certain lighting can make even the EB Batman sculpt look like a toy, the bulging plastic circular eyes on this is what makes it look toyish to me as they look very fake. I am just glad you can get rid of this look by tilting the head down, making them appear oval and squinty.

Yeah, I think for Batman to really look good you need the cowl to cast a shadow over the eyes. And that goes for any Batman figure.

Yeah, I think for Batman to really look good you need the cowl to cast a shadow over the eyes. And that goes for any Batman figure.

:exactly:

That's because you can barely see his eyes in the movie so by casting a slight shadow over them, it makes the cowl look more movie accurate as the eyes appear squinty. :yess:

:goodpost::exactly:
The overlit close up angles can RUIN any great piece..people who think it's toy like are entitled to their opinion- the EB HS looks toy like in the same conditions.

Back