Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally had time to get this out of the box and have a real hard look at the figure and all of the accessories. The undersuit padding in the upper/inner thigh area makes the legs too bulky, however after rotating and manipulation, seemed to both tone this down and place the knee cap armour in the correct position. I was able to slowly manipulate the shoulders and chest peice downward to create a more natural tapezius shape--not too hard to do. I will not be cutting the straps on the gloved hands--I can't bring myself to cut up a $500 figure. Really like the individual eye posing. The neck looks a tad long, unless you position the HS chin-down; chin up posing looks downright rediculous--imagine a 1:4 scale Bat Pod:horror. The Bale HS looks great. Got to agree with others concerning the face plates; love the expressions, dislike that they do NOT sit deep enough in the cowl:gah: I have not put the cape on, I prefer the sticky-gun, with back-pack version as an overall look. I own the DX-12, and this is an improvement (should be at $500 and how many attempts at this suit .) I give this a solid 8/10--the display stand, and faceplates holding this back from a perfect score. :wave

More WIP pics.

IMG_7047.jpg

IMG_7041.jpg

IMG_7035.jpg

IMG_7024.jpg

The utility belt left a dent on the armour. Unfortunately the belt was sitting too low when it made the dent so it isn't hidden when the belt is in a better position. Can heat make the piece go back to its original state?

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap
i cant wait for the tutorial on this figure. i kinda agree with the problem you mentioned on this figure.

Might be a while. I plan to do it as one giant tutorial video with all the mods in one. I'm still working through some stuff, plus I like to take breaks and just take a day or two to stare at it on the shelf as a work in progress.

Nice doll.

:lol Can't ask for more from you.

The utility belt left a dent on the armour. Unfortunately the belt was sitting too low when it made the dent so it isn't hidden when the belt is in a better position. Can heat make the piece go back to its original state?

It should depending on how deep the impression. If it isn't too deep then the armour padding should revert back to its original shape on its own. The leg brace from the EB Joker made an impression on my figure, but it later retained its original shape after a while.

It should depending on how deep the impression. If it isn't too deep then the armour padding should revert back to its original shape on its own. The leg brace from the EB Joker made an impression on my figure, but it later retained its original shape after a while.

It has dissipated over the last few days, but a fairly deep impression remains from the edge of one of the utility clips. I don't mind if it left a light mark, I'd just like it to lose more depth. I'll see what happens over the next while.

The chest might be down a tad too far in that pic actually...

Anyway, I talked about that in my first video on the figure.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JPDBczlx-c[/ame]

Back