Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the panther neck, yes.

But there's the panther quality to the eyes as well which the HT fails at spectacularly.

The HT's eyes 'pop' way too much. And it's not just the lighting.

fullsize_8.jpg

:lecture You tell em, Umair.

I have a feeling they are deliberately making these mistakes for some reason. :gah:

Well the panther neck, yes.

But there's the panther quality to the eyes as well which the HT fails at spectacularly.

fullsize_8.jpg

When watching TDKR a second time I did notice that Bale squints an awful lot, which makes the whites of his eye's disappear. So I understand the criticisms for the eyes on this figure. However, I don't think posable eyes can be done much better than they are on this figure.

And, for the record, when he doesn't squint, the eyes look pretty much exactly like the ones on this figure.

dark-knight-rises-christian-bale-01.jpg

6a00d8341c630a53ef0162fd007c34970d-600wi

363cf11bae97ff0637b1ec694e5d806e.jpg

Even this one shows lots of white in the eyes:

Bale.jpg

Last edited:

fullsize_8.jpg

Agreed on that. Is that because his eyes really can't be done accurately with PERS or are they simply not trying hard enough.

Agreed on that. Is that because his eyes really can't be done accurately with PERS or are they simply not trying hard enough.

I don't see why the eye opening can't be sculpted squinted and still retain PERs functionality.

In fact I remember someone re-sculpted the eyes to be squinty on their DX02 a while back and it retained PERs functionality. That looked great. Wish I could find pics.

Nice figure but not much of an improvement over he DX.
I agree with Tyderium, I'm having trouble seeing Bale in the cowl.

I haven't read all the posts for both the Dx thread and this one so not sure if it's been addressed but my concern for both scales is that the rubber armor will over time become unglued and pull away from the fabric as it looks like it's doing in this pic.
PD1343618045QxS.jpg

I don't see why the eye opening can't be sculpted squinted and still retain PERs functionality.

Because a slight movement of the eyes and the pupil/iris would disappear.

hmong-boy-eyes-rolled-back-in-head.jpg

In fact I remember someone re-sculpted the eyes to be squinty on their DX02 a while back and it retained PERs functionality. That looked great. Wish I could find pics.

MonkeyRobotMaster.

I never liked that mod.

Nice figure but not much of an improvement over he DX.
I agree with Tyderium, I'm having trouble seeing Bale in the cowl.

I haven't read all the posts for both the Dx thread and this one so not sure if it's been addressed but my concern for both scales is that the rubber armor will over time become unglued and pull away from the fabric as it looks like it's doing in this pic.
PD1343618045QxS.jpg

Yeah, I commented about that in my first post. It was one the first thing I noticed when I saw that pic.

In the first pic in this thread you can see that one of the armor plates on his left leg is pealing of. Not cool.

Really hope that wont be a wide-spread problem with the DX12.

Makes you think that they're choosing not to do it that way because they think with squintier eyes the PERS will be less impactful. Annoying though because his squinty eyes are a distinguishing characteristic of the Bale Batman.

I'd rather not have PERs and have squinty eyes really. The pupils looking straight forward wouldn't matter much no matter what pose you put him in because you would barely be able to see them.

It would sure look more badass and accurate though

Makes you think that they're choosing not to do it that way because they think with squintier eyes the PERS will be less impactful. Annoying though because his squinty eyes are a distinguishing characteristic of the Bale Batman.

Not less impactful, just extremely limiting. Limiting to the point that they might as well just be painted. I'd be fine with that BTW, but if you want posable eyes this is what it's gonna look like.

Not less impactful, just extremely limiting. Limiting to the point that they might as well just be painted. I'd be fine with that BTW, but if you want posable eyes this is what it's gonna look like.

I'd be fine with it aswell. Especially since this is the Batman who can turn his head!

I'd rather not have PERs and have squinty eyes really. The pupils looking straight forward wouldn't matter much no matter what pose you put him in because you would barely be able to see them.

It would sure look more badass and accurate though

:exactly:

I'm Senator Jyecat, and I have approved this message.

Fix the under pyjamas, the horrible cowl and the steroid shoulders and this is bought.

At the moment it just looks like a 1/4 1/6 scale figure (if that makes any sense:lol).

Oh and fix the Christian schwarzenegger sculpt. :lol

There's a reason enterbay no longer use the moveable eyes technology they used to feature on their figures :lecture: they said it themselves, it kills the realism. It appears to do so on Bats.

Back